Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

My next research paper's Works Cited page:

www.google.com

www.wikipedia.org

www.youtube.com

After all, that's where I found everything I used.

bkroz, who's seen it before at the end of undergraduate presentations. 

• Like 7

0b7fe75797ad83f214f47d83de5db00b.png

As well, when I looked around the park for anything else I could possibly find, I found this. I'm not sure what's going on with it, but I think there is something new here. Specifically on the bottom left corner right next to the Eiffel Tower image.

---

There is a lot going on that we previously didn't know about...

I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

• Like 2

www.google.com

www.wikipedia.org

www.youtube.com

You would hate me as a teacher.  I never let my students use Wikipedia or any other source that could be changed by anyone.  It had to be credible sources such as reviewed journal articles, professionals' websites, etc.  Using Google instead of telling me where the resources had come from would have gotten you a zero for failure to cite sources.  If I ever did anything like this with my high school freshmen, I'd be a lot more forgiving, but when I taught my college classes, I did not mess around with expectations.

...I'm not hard to get along with though.  I'm really not.  I promise.  :)  

• Like 11

www.google.com

www.wikipedia.org

www.youtube.com

You would hate me as a teacher.  I never let my students use Wikipedia or any other source that could be changed by anyone.  It had to be credible sources such as reviewed journal articles, professionals' websites, etc.  Using Google instead of telling me where the resources had come from would have gotten you a zero for failure to cite sources.  If I ever did anything like this with my high school freshmen, I'd be a lot more forgiving, but when I taught my college classes, I did not mess around with expectations.

...I'm not hard to get along with though.  I'm really not.  I promise.   :)

Oh, I'd love you as a teacher. Every time I saw that sort of thing, I'd immediately turn to the teacher and hope to see a look of shock or dismay. Usually, they didn't seem to notice or care. Source: google.com. Unbelievable!  :blink:

Don't know what they are doing to the sign area.  I hope they are moving the flag polls off to the side, so we can get a perfect picture of the fountains and the Eiffel Tower! 

While I understand the point, that was one of the stranger decisions, I think... I don't know. Is it unpatriotic to say that the flag should be off to the side so we can get better views of the French icon? Maybe. :P 

• Like 6

Don't know what they are doing to the sign area.  I hope they are moving the flag polls off to the side, so we can get a perfect picture of the fountains and the Eiffel Tower!

Flag poles are standing where they are (At least, that's what I think I see on the satellite image.

944f7e847a014ef71a292d84f2d2af89.png

I have also found one new thing. Finally a clock that will work? :D

6fd505ede1bd510476ebf0b0ef5ed3f7.png

• Like 4

CoasterOhio, 

You MUST include links to the source of the images that you are posting.  I suggest you edit your posts to include the links.  Those images were not taken by you, so you must give credit by linking to the original source.

If you worked hard on something and saw your work show up on another site without crediting you, wouldn`t you be mad?   Please edit your posts to include links.

• Like 7

Okay to the people asking for a link to the photos. It's very similar to Bing Maps or Google Maps. They are screen grabs of their satelite images, and I believe you have to pay to use them, in case someone wants to try them out.

We never get on anyone for posting Google or Bing satelite images, do we? I'm confused.

Is it because he's cropped in and then not showing their watermark? Ok, say that. But when I and many, many other people post Google and Bing map screenshots, no one says anything.

Calakapepe-

Thoroughly confused.

• Like 4

But why not from the providers I mentioned earlier? And if those providers truly aren't excluded, why are we not alluded to to provide links? Why the verbal backlash this time? Why not quietly remove the photos like has been done in past apparently? (I'm not saying it's okay to not link) Why is it okay to screen grab Google, Bing, and even the KI webcams, most often without a link? Those are the things that regularly won't have a link, and nothing is said. Should we now start putting links to maps.google/bing.  com? 

Are these posts incorrectly posted because they are screen grabs? If so, I return to my questions I just stated.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31707-rivertown-funnel-cake-stand-razed/?p=718541

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31664-kings-island-2016-discussion-thread-opening-day-april-16th/?p=712842

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31664-kings-island-2016-discussion-thread-opening-day-april-16th/?p=715849

edit- I'm not advocating that this is fair use to not link to it, my intention is to understand why the inconsistency.

• Like 1

And with that argument it sounds like, according to their Terms of Use (US), you are not supposed to distribute the images at all without written consent, which should warrant people asking for removal, not links.

It's a little hard for me to understand exactly where they feel on this, but.. it seems like they wouldn't want screen grabs unless allowed in writing, though they never seem to explicitly mention it.

http://go.nearmap.com/legal/terms-of-use-nearmap-us

Well I guess I'm off on days again. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one as well.

The temperatures are dramatically dropping and that's not normal for this time of year. Burr!! We're talking about temperatures in the 40s. But hey, here's a warm thought; Kings Island opens in 8 days!! Who's excited?

c97f56156965e8da42844ff960d703fc.jpg

(Edit made by me. Original picture: https://instagram.com/p/BD1W2HLuOD_/)

• Like 8

I have been on a lot of forums, this one by far has the most rules. Sometimes it is funny...

Yeah.. but most of the rules I actually see enforced is in order to respect and keep people's work credited which, I think, is a good thing esp. as a creator who has had stuff stolen/ copied without consent/ credit. But sometimes the tone feels unwarranted, I'll say.

Not being specific, and as usual, ending up in the middle.

EDIT-- Very well said below me.

• Like 3

This is what it is.  

Quite frankly put, we are a largely self moderated community. Yes we have moderators; they rarely have to intervene.  

The park, that we all love, has asked that all content is linked to it's source, unless of course it is your own. 

This hearkens back to the simple act of capitalization for branded entities. It's not hard to quote a source, or hit a shift key when needed.  

We have a coexistence with this park, and whether we agree or disagree with what they ask, in the end, it is in all of our best interest to comply to the best of our ability.

• Like 19