Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I suspect that a 100 percent perfect re-creation of either would disappoint us all. Times have changed, the world has moved on. Our memories have burnished and improved what was.

I tell myself this as I yearn for a Racer that runs as I remember it running in 1972. I had only The Shooting Star and Camden Park's Big Dipper to compare it to.

Now, more than 125 wooden coasters later, I doubt my opinion would be the same...

• Like 8

It appears as though the game shed across from the train station has been razed to make room for the new relocated funnel cake building.

53d81fe54307bb8603d12a4117078472.png

(pic from Kings Island's Instagram.)

A little speculation here, but to me it looks like the concrete poured here looks way to big to fit just that new soccer game. Could we see a large Rivertown expansion with a new railroad crossing like at Cedar Point by Rougarou?

5074862ab5fdc2cf1336db903a6b74e9.png

(Pic from Kings Island's Webcam)

• Like 7

Kings Island is defiantly hinting something for near future. Why else would they all the sudden be posting old pics?

As a nice diversion?

B&M Polar Coaster that goes 200 mph and has 5 minutes of ejector airtime that also dispenses Banshee Swirl ice cream confirmed

Edit: as well as being an aquatrax 

• Like 4

Kings Island has just confirmed on Instagram that they are building a tunnel on Woodstock Express, and a new White Water Canyon entrance, explaining the construction in Rivertown.

No such confirmation was made by the park on Instagram. A photo was posted about track work on the ride. There is a temporary plastic covering in the area where the carpenters are working on the ride this winter. 

• Like 12

Kings Island has just confirmed on Instagram that they are building a tunnel on Woodstock Express, and a new White Water Canyon entrance, explaining the construction in Rivertown.

No such confirmation was made by the park on Instagram. A photo was posted about track work on the ride. There is a temporary plastic covering in the area where the carpenters are working on the ride this winter.
Thanks for clearing that up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4