Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

There are some Disney songs, from movies, that sometimes play in Planet Snoopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops, I was attempting to reply to the question which asked about movie songs... But apparently I missed that we had moved on past that topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this week at Kings Island is Kick Cancer week(Im sure most of you already know that). But for those of you who didn't know now you do! You have to love when people come together for a good cause. So anyone who stops by this week take time to spend $5 (if you have the extra cash, lord knows we spend more than $5 every time we are at the park on some stupid stuff) and kick a ball into the fountain(pretty fun actually) Not only does the money go to a great cause but you also get a chance to win a sharp looking Honda.

I'll leave you with a picture of the Eiffel Tower colored pink for obvious reasons.

83d5ec51d0c25e6c1d8399a300a2a304.jpg

I absolutely love the color schemes they do with the tower and how they change it accordingly with the holidays and special events.

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

The Kicks Cancer Campaign runs until August 21st. Not just this week. Also the Kicks Cancer Coasterthon is on August 14th which I have raised $625 for so far.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Or more, depending on crowds. 

I believe only Beast actually closes for Fireworks, and it seems... around 15min before the fireworks start.

Someone may have more accurate time stamps.

If you wanna ride beast before the fireworks, I'd plan to be in the train at least 30min before 10pm

Thanks, I appreciate the tips. We did this two years ago, and unexpectedly found that the Blue Racer closed, too. We had already ridden The Beast at night and were hitting the line-less rides on our stroll towards the entrance. But, that was two years ago and didn't know what else in the area closes early. Thanks!

• Like 2

It has been grilled chicken all the times I've had it. I didn't request it special.

Awesome, thanks. My wife is coming with us tomorrow and we are trying to map out the menu options. She needs gluten free but all the carbs in pizza or potato works aren't ideal either, I think between Reds, burrito bowl, and anti pasta salad we should be good.

Weather is looking good and at least in Columbus the humidity is supposed to way down on Sunday. Mason is probably not that far off.

I finally sent an email inquiring if the blue ice cream has artificial dyes but probably won't hear back for a few days. Makes my oldest crazy.

It has been grilled chicken all the times I've had it. I didn't request it special.

Awesome, thanks. My wife is coming with us tomorrow and we are trying to map out the menu options. She needs gluten free but all the carbs in pizza or potato works aren't ideal either, I think between Reds, burrito bowl, and anti pasta salad we should be good.

Weather is looking good and at least in Columbus the humidity is supposed to way down on Sunday. Mason is probably not that far off.

I finally sent an email inquiring if the blue ice cream has artificial dyes but probably won't hear back for a few days. Makes my oldest crazy.

I believe legend has it that the blue dye is from ground-up smurf's.  Sorry...not helping...lol.

• Like 2

I believe legend has it that the blue dye is from ground-up smurf's. Sorry...not helping...lol.

Lol. The reality is even worse than that. Artificial food dyes are petroleum based. They are not necessary but cheaper and more vibrant than the natural ones. Even a McDonalds vanilla milkshake has yellow dye. WTF?

Guest services responded to my email within the hour to confirm it has blue dye. I wasn't expecting a response so fast, impressive late on a Saturday afternoon.

• Like 4

Princess Sparkles was nearly hit in the face with a flip flop riding Racer a few years ago. We think someone may have lost it on WindSeeker. Definitely startled and in disbelief at the time.

There are times I wear my glasses on rides without a strap. I have never had anyone say anything at KI about it.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 9

From the loose article policy on Cedarpoint.com

Glasses must be secured with an athletic strap on Valravn, Gatekeeper, Maverick, maXair, Power Tower, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/ride-policies-and-procedures

Can find no such policy on visitkingsisland.com

• Like 3

I used to wear a glasses strap (bought a really nice one at the park, and after 3-4 seasons it broke) but now I have a glasses case that clips to my belt loop that I put them in right before riding. It's surprisingly handy.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

I bought him a strap at CP as well becuase he forgot to bring his sports goggles he wears in PE. I have held them for him before but he can't see without them very well and what fun is that? He even need -3.0 swim goggles.

I actually broke my sunglasses strap today at KI.

• Like 2

From the loose article policy on Cedarpoint.com

Glasses must be secured with an athletic strap on Valravn, Gatekeeper, Maverick, maXair, Power Tower, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/ride-policies-and-procedures

Can find no such policy on visitkingsisland.com

Looking at CP's procedures, they say that hats are considered a "loose item" and are not permitted on most of the big coasters, but I ALWAYS used to just turn my hat around backwards on every coaster. Granted it's been about 5 years since I've been on a coaster.  So I got curious and watched a few youtube videos of CP from the last year or two and there are plenty of people wearing hats on all their coasters. Is this just something they don't enforce?

• Like 3

On the subject of ice cream flavors & food coloring: the Banshee Twist contained copious amounts of food dye - enough for some customers to notice later, when nature took its course. Fun for awhile, but I'm glad to see that it's done.

On that note, I wonder what Mystic food/drink creations the park will unveil in 2017?

• Like 4