Season Passes?

coasterfanatic83

While looking through Kings Island's website, I was looking to see what the price of a normal season pass (not gold or platinum) was for my younger sister. I couldn't find that information anywhere on the website, or any place to purchase one of those.

Is Kings Island doing away with the traditional season pass and simply going with the gold and platinum options?

• Like 3

All "regular" passes are upgraded to gold through, typically, Memorial Day.

In past years IIRC, that has only been the case through the end of the fall sale, with regular passes then being sold as their own tier for typically about $10 less than gold.

I find it interesting that regular passes are not currently available, and wonder if they are indeed doing away with regular.

• Like 1

I didn't pay much attention last year, so that may indeed be the case.

However, I am nearly 100% certain that if that is the case, then that is a very recent change. At the very least, I remember that back in 2010 when I bought my first gold pass in early May of that year, I briefly debated between regular and gold since both were available (before realizing the obvious benefits of gold outweighed the extra $10).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Oddly enough, I just noticed they are offering regular season passes alongside Gold and Platinum on the website. Regular is currently $111, versus $123 for Gold ($117 if you buy four or more at once). Renewal Gold are currently $102 regardless of the number bought.

Neither regular nor Gold have Jr/Sr discounted versions (Platinum does), is that new this year? I also don't remember the four-or-more discount the last couple years.

• Like 1