Beech Bend: "History Making" Waterpark Expansion

I went on a similar roller coaster to that at an FEC in Crodova, TN, outside of Memphis.  It is a fun little ride.  Not too thrilling, but good for families.  The ride is manufactured by SBF Visa group, who is also the group that supplied Coney Island with TopSpin, Fender Bender, and River Runner.

• Like 4

That is pretty neat!

Can anyone go to IAAPA or do you need to be part of the industry or a coaster club?

Anyone can either join IAAPA (it's quite expensive) or one of its affiliated organizations as applicable. Rules as to who can go from an affiliate vary--some ACE officers at least used to get in without charge (they put in more than enough work to make up for it), others have to pay a nominal fee. IAAPA has for years talked of limiting the number of coaster club participants--whether or how they have done that I know not.

I do know vendors take IAAPA members, the press and affiliated industry very seriously. It is a business convention of a business for the business. It's really not a party for others nor aimed at the casual observer. That said, I highly commend going to those who work in, write about or want to work in the industry.

I went for many years as an IAAPA member (among other things). It's quite the gathering.

• Like 6