Action Theater

Bradenwhite

Kings Island can brag about not only having more than 80 rides and attractions, and also the largest collection of empty buildings (especially during it's main season) of any amusement park.  All kidding aside, do other parks have as many empty buildings sitting around as Kings Island?

• Like 10

I miss Days of Thunder (one of those nostalgic things). I hope they do something with it soon. I enjoy riding WindSeeker and telling my oldest about Days of Thunder and the SpongeBob days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the days of green grass and some trees between the turn arounds.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 6

They have seats In one of the theaters and store KI kicks cancer soccer balls in the other theater, which is stripped of the seats.

This is partially true, where the soccer balls are stored still have seats unfortunately, it would be so much easier to get all the bags of balls out if they didn't.  The other half is always set up for urgent scare. 

• Like 4

They have seats In one of the theaters and store KI kicks cancer soccer balls in the other theater, which is stripped of the seats.

This is partially true, where the soccer balls are stored still have seats unfortunately, it would be so much easier to get all the bags of balls out if they didn't.  The other half is always set up for urgent scare. 

Last time I was in the non-Haunt section of that theater, the seats had been removed. This was several years ago, when the dino film debuted.

• Like 4

Last time I was in the non-Haunt section of that theater, the seats had been removed. This was several years ago, when the dino film debuted.

The Dinosaur's movie didn't last very long, because I had only rode it once, the next year when I went to see it, they told me it was gone.

• Like 1

I forget where on this site I saw it, but there's a new, interactive kind of movie thing, IIRC tied into gaming that seemed like a natural fit for Action Theater, can't recall if it was going into a Cedar Fair park, or a competitor, but that would be my prediction.

• Like 2

This is partially true, where the soccer balls are stored still have seats unfortunately, it would be so much easier to get all the bags of balls out if they didn't. The other half is always set up for urgent scare.

The Dinosaur's movie didn't last very long, because I had only rode it once, the next year when I went to see it, they told me it was gone.

It only lasted two season I believe. The first year it cost extra then the second year it was free.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It only lasted two season I believe. The first year it cost extra then the second year it was free.

Three seasons. The first year, it cost extra. The second year, it was free. The third year, it cost extra again, which makes no sense and, I'm guessing, was a driving factor in reducing viewership and making it unprofitable, thus the decision to remove it.

• Like 6

I watched it once. It was meh. If I want to watch a film, I go to the cinema, not the amusement park.

Notice that the IMAX theaters formerly at the two original Cedar Fair parks got replaced with venues for Live Entertainment, which is much more... Theme park-y... than a movie.

Of course, the CP one eventually went away completely to be replaced by a new coaster. Either way, still more "theme park-y" than a film.

• Like 4

I would consider simulators and the like to be different. There is still a ride element. Certainly much more amusing to many parkgoers than an educational film with stationary seats which can be experienced outside the park. I could ride DarKastle all day long, but the DA! film practically bored me to tears.

That said, the DA! film was more entertaining to me than the Wizard of Oz 5D Experience. I just don't have the Hart to sit through that one again.

• Like 4