Action Theater Poll

kingsislandfan1972

If it does turn out well would love the PvZ attraction to go in there. Looks like it uses all new seats as well so the lack of seats in there currently wouldn't affect it as they would need to be removed anyhow. Between the addition of dark rides the past couple years and motion simulator type rides this year to numerous Cedar Fair parks I think it is highly likely that the Action Theatre building will get used for one of these two.

• Like 1

So, my thoughts are these. Do I want them to get rid of Action Theater? Maybe, if they are not using it for much else than Urgent Scare (then again, I've never done Urgent Scare, so I don't know...). Realistically, Will they get rid of it? Probably not, because Urgent Scare. I would really like it if they had a really high gate sealing up the entrance to the theater sort of like the new Slaughterhouse has near Beast (yes, I know Sam's place was a custom-built structure and US made use of an existing one, but still...) And yes, I did like this poll :)

As for AT memories, I remember 7th Portal and Spongebob. I know I mentioned this on here recently before, but Stunfisk (a newer Pokemon) reminds me of that fish that interrupts and goes "Hey, is that my patty!".

• Like 2

I always sort of liked Action Theater.  It wasn't one of my favorite attractions by any means, but it was fun to check out when lines weren't too long.  I remember Action Theater from the very beginning when it opened up as Days of Thunder.  I was there that opening season with my dad to check it out.  It was ok, but I felt like the later 3D shows they ran in there were more immersive.  I really enjoyed the 7th Portal and Sponge Bob.  Those two were probably my favorite of the shows they ran in the theater.

I'm a little disappointed that it was removed and is now sitting unused for more than 2/3 of the season.  One pet peeve of mine is how KI shuts down attractions and then hijacks those structures for Haunt attractions.  It just leaves for a lot of wasted space during the main part of the operating season and looks bad for visiting guests who might not know about Haunt.

I've never been thrilled with the placement of WindSeeker and felt that it sort of blocks an entrance to the Action Theater (or at least makes it feel tight).  If they were to open it back up, or at least put something new in it's place, I feel like that area could get real crowded real fast.  You'd have Vortex's exit, WindSeeker, and then the entrance to the new attraction all stuffed back in that space.  One good thing that Action Theater has going for it though is that extra long queue line.  Hopefully that would be enough to contain everyone that would want to ride/experience the new attraction and we wouldn't have guests spilling out of the entrance into the WindSeeker area.  That would just be a mess.

Who's to know what might happen with that building.  I'd really like some kind of dark ride back there, if there was the space for it.  Anything would be better than letting that building sit empty and only using it for Haunt.  I'm sure they could some up with something that could make great use of that space and revive that space again.

• Like 4