Funpix

rhyano

Just got an email from Kings Island announcing this.  It reminds me of Disney`s Photo Pass system.  I wonder if they will add additional photographers throughout the park, other than just at the main gate.  If you wish to collect your on ride photos, this seems like a good value.

I have used PhotoPass at Disney, and they have photographers stationed in lots of places and even include some "magic" shots.  However, their system is free to get a PhotoPass card and to review the photos, you then have to purchase the photos if you wish to download or print them out.

• Like 3

I have used PhotoPass at Disney, and they have photographers stationed in lots of places and even include some "magic" shots.  However, their system is free to get a PhotoPass card and to review the photos, you then have to purchase the photos if you wish to download or print them out.

Probably best to collect the money upfront.  When my wife and I went to Disney back in 2014, we had multiple on-ride pics taken during our visit to the parks.  A couple weeks after I got home I got an e-mail telling me we could review our pics (up until that point I was unaware that they were collecting our photos).  Although the preview pics were of low quality, I actually found the original, high quality pics hiding in the cache.  I was able to retrieve all the pics (and videos for that matter) and view them in high quality and save them and even print them if I would've wanted to.

Now, granted, most people probably wouldn't know how to do this, but if many people were to figure it out, it could result in a loss of print sales.  It's probably wise for KI to collect a flat fee upfront and then grant you access to all your high quality photos instantly. 

• Like 6

I'm really excited for this. I always want ride photos but the cost held me back. I will definitely be getting one. Am I understand correctly that at each ride photo booth you will give them your card so your photo is loaded to your account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^ As far as I can tell, everything Accesso on Cedar Fair sites has been migrated to HTML by now. Even group sales, which was the holdout last year.

Flash has been deprecated by Adobe, so companies best be moving on.

As a software developer, I'm thrilled that Flash is (mostly) gone.

As you can tell by my username, there is at least one website out there that prevents me from removing it entirely. Yes, I know their stuff is on YouTube (and DVD, I have most of the ones they sold...) but without the fun Easter Eggs that Flash allows for, it just isn't as good.

• Like 7

Based on the many posts about the food service staffing last season, would there be any reason to expect it to be any different for the photo department?

I dont think theres any hired yet because theres nothing about at on the jobs page of the KI site, also Terp inspired me to post this U9z5K2a.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

Well, I watched the video and I'm not as apprehensive about this as I thought (I originally thought the random security camera taking your picture and buying them idea was Big Brother-ish (especially if you didn't know where the cameras were); but if they are only having select FunPix locations, that makes me feel a lot better). In addition to the issue previously mentioned, the video cleared up a lot of other issues/questions I'd have with the system. I won't buy one, but seems like a good idea for those who want them.  :)

• Like 1

$40 for the season, or $20 for the day.

FunPix

I have next to zero interest in park photos but at $40 for the season it's almost worth it for the heck of it.

Ditto. If I had a season pass for this year and a little extra money, I'd definitely be buying this. As it is, I will wait and hope it returns in 2017.

I'm interested in how quickly you'll be able to get your card scanned after getting off of a ride. I'm assuming you'll have to get off the ride, go to the booth, have them find you on the ride, then scan your card linking your picture to it. If there are a bunch of people all doing the same thing I wonder if it will take a while.

• Like 1

Maybe it will be like at WDW. You go to the picture que with your on ride photo swipe your band or card and that picture is put on your card?

At WDW it took maybe 5-10 seconds to add to our account.

For $40 that's a darn good deal. My kid will be hitting milestones this year. It may be well worth it. He may get his first coaster in this year on Charlie Brown coaster.

I'm more surprised it took this long to do something like this. Digital photos cost pennies to make and send to customers once the structure is in place. The price is so darn cheap I'll be surprised if they don't sell a bunch of these. Especially the day ones... I'd guess thousands will be sold in each park and would be surprised if a park like KI creeps near almost 100k of these being sold (on the idea that the park has about 600k visitors during the year)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3