Funpix

rhyano

I'm interested in how quickly you'll be able to get your card scanned after getting off of a ride. I'm assuming you'll have to get off the ride, go to the booth, have them find you on the ride, then scan your card linking your picture to it. If there are a bunch of people all doing the same thing I wonder if it will take a while.

The system they had in place last year was pretty efficient... If would take me longer to get the card out than any of the other steps... It was a quick verification of 'this the photo you want?' and then a scan of the barcode and go on your way... Was very happy with the level of service from the ride photo booths last year... Plus, last year I'm pretty sure it cost me $30 for the day, and it was only for the ride photos, ones around the park were not included... So this year, it'd be more for less money...

• Like 5

Can anyone provide insight as to how this works if you are "head-of-household" with a wife and 3 kids?  I'm assuming for on-ride photo's I can only get the digital if I was on the ride?  But what about other pictures?  Can I have a picture of my kids taken without me by one of the photographers and put it on my account?  I don't really care to have pictures of myself so much, but how does a family tackle this new option in the most price-conscious way?

• Like 2

Can anyone provide insight as to how this works if you are "head-of-household" with a wife and 3 kids?  I'm assuming for on-ride photo's I can only get the digital if I was on the ride?  But what about other pictures?  Can I have a picture of my kids taken without me by one of the photographers and put it on my account?  I don't really care to have pictures of myself so much, but how does a family tackle this new option in the most price-conscious way

We just put ours on my sons card.  If we all go, we are set.  If its just him and I, or him and momma, we should still be ok.

At least, that is our thinking.  I guess time will tell

Edited by Gannersdaddy
  • Like 3

Honestly, done right, the ability to move the pictures where they need to go should be cake.  Should be.  Picture traffic could be significant during crazy busy times, but I'd bet their network is pretty good for this simple type of thing.  But...when there are people involved anything can---and will---go wrong from time-to-time.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just added this to my KI Platinum Pass. I have my pass linked to the KI app, now it's saying I don't have dining on my pass on the app, when it did before. I hope I don't have any issues with my dining plan. I was on the payment plan but paid my balance off in February. I have my receipts saved on my phone so if I have any issues on the 16th I'll have to go to GR.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Can anyone provide insight as to how this works if you are "head-of-household" with a wife and 3 kids? I'm assuming for on-ride photo's I can only get the digital if I was on the ride? But what about other pictures? Can I have a picture of my kids taken without me by one of the photographers and put it on my account? I don't really care to have pictures of myself so much, but how does a family tackle this new option in the most price-conscious way

We just put ours on my sons card. If we all go, we are set. If its just him and I, or him and momma, we should still be ok.

At least, that is our thinking. I guess time will tell

Just guessing here, but if you're standing at the photo booth with your card and point out which car you need on your account, I honestly doubt they'll question it. Heck, more often than not last year, my husband used my dining plan pass to get food. They never once questioned it. Since I have one child that's almost exclusively Planet Snoopy, and the other that is over 54", I pretty much had to attach it to my pass.
  • Like 1

Just added this to my KI Platinum Pass. I have my pass linked to the KI app, now it's saying I don't have dining on my pass on the app, when it did before. I hope I don't have any issues with my dining plan. I was on the payment plan but paid my balance off in February. I have my receipts saved on my phone so if I have any issues on the 16th I'll have to go to GR.

The info for my pass in the KI app is saying I don't have a dining plan either. Fortunately the receipt in the payment portal and the details for my initial PayPal payment both show that I purchased dining, so I have proof if need be.

• Like 1

The info for my pass in the KI app is saying I don't have a dining plan either. Fortunately the receipt in the payment portal and the details for my initial PayPal payment both show that I purchased dining, so I have proof if need be.
Mine says 2016 pass + dining and I haven't yet purchased a dining plan for 2016.
  • Like 3

I just called the park and asked, "If I have FunPix added to my season pass, but my children ride a coaster without me...can I have their on-ride photo added to my account, or do THEY have to have FunPix on their passes as well?"  The answer I got back is that if I add FunPix to my account I receive one FunPix card for myself plus one additional card that I can use to get photos of another family member.  

I failed to ask whether that additional card was interchangeable between family members depending who is with me at the time, but my guess is that both cards would be tied to my account regardless, and therefore it could be used for different people at different times.

Hopefully this is somewhat helpful info for everyone.  There's five in my family.  I figure I'll add the plan to my pass and my wife's pass, and between our cards and the 2 additional cards, that should pretty well allow us to get all the pictures we could ever want depending on how we split up throughout the day.

Could be confusing at times, but it appears to be a happy-medium between having to add FunPix to all of our season passes versus one pass covering everyone.

• Like 3

Problem is with Kings Island at least they have no clue what the polices even are.  When I got my dining pass this year for last year they said i could use it for my free 2015 visit.  We used it actually at two places without problem.  The card didnt scan but they cashier said not worry about.  When I went to get dinner at Reds Hall of Fame they said we couldn't use it yet even though we used it previsously.  After explaining our situation the manager comped our meal anyway even though he wasn't supposed to. 

• Like 5

So far, our experience has been better than I thought.  At preview night, the system was still buggy, but they do look like they are trying to get it going.  I like the self scan concept, but it was not always working.

I did prefer last years, as you got a pic with and without the ride marquee, so you got some better pix.  Heres to hoping that they work on this.

Interesting enough, there was not one on Firehawk.

Once I get a chance, I did get one with a group of KICers on first ride of Diamondback for 2016, that I will post.

• Like 2

Ok.  Pic posted in the Preview Night Page.  Had to go to the Funpix webpage and when you preview it, it shows without the border marquee.  Still figuring it out.

Also, there is a self station outside The Beast by the arcade.  The funpix guy said more will be coming into the park.  It took 3 tries to get it somewhat figured out, but it does seem like it will have potential

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a dumb question, but has anyone tried to use FunPix in one of the park's photo booths? We were going to look in a photo booth on Sunday and see, but the only one that was around when we were thinking about it was out of order. 

• Like 1

This might be a dumb question, but has anyone tried to use FunPix in one of the park's photo booths? We were going to look in a photo booth on Sunday and see, but the only one that was around when we were thinking about it was out of order.

My understanding is that the photo booths are not included with FunPix. I asked the same thing.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone bought Season long FunPix in the park? If so, was the price different than it was online?

It's $39.99 plus fees and taxes....

Just wondering, I'm hoping to purchase this weekend.

It was $39.99 plus tax. A quick and easy purchase. Buy it in park to avoid paying the service fee.
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Season Long Funpix will be valid at all Funpix parks in 2017. Funpix parks include: Kings Island, Kings Dominion, Cedar Point, Carowinds, Canada's Wonderland, California's Great America and Knott's Berry Farm. 2017 All Season Funpix is $44.99 not a bad deal at all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2