Funpix

rhyano

Season Long Funpix will be valid at all Funpix parks in 2017. Funpix parks include: Kings Island, Kings Dominion, Cedar Point, Carowinds, Canada's Wonderland, California's Great America and Knott's Berry Farm. 2017 All Season Funpix is $44.99 not a bad deal at all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Where did you hear/see that it would be valid at all parks?

Not that I don't believe you, I just don't want to make a purchase and then that turn out to be false.

Since it's not listed under the FAQ, for those that purchased it this year, can the entire family use one account as Disney does with their Memory Maker?

They could change things, but that's basically how it worked this year.  If you or your child/spouse was in a pic you could walk up and get it no problem.

Since it's not listed under the FAQ, for those that purchased it this year, can the entire family use one account as Disney does with their Memory Maker?

They could change things, but that's basically how it worked this year. If you or your child/spouse was in a pic you could walk up and get it no problem.

As of 2016 you are allowed 2 season passes per account. But that could easily change next year. You can give your kids the pass or have one kid pass and one adult pass to run around with and basically just ask them to add any picture and unless it was censored for any reason they will do it. Or you could use the self serve kiosks which can sometimes be finiky with scanning cards

• Like 1

They could change things, but that's basically how it worked this year.  If you or your child/spouse was in a pic you could walk up and get it no problem.

Technically they are not checking who is on the pictures you add to your account so you could add any random person. I have added a couple by mistake at a kiosk.

With the success of FunPix hoping KI will bring back the on ride photos of Firehawk and Flight of Fear. Maybe adding a couple of new ones to old rides like The Racer or Adventure Express. I would think Mystic Timbers will have one next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

With the success of FunPix hoping KI will bring back the on ride photos of Firehawk and Flight of Fear. Maybe adding a couple of new ones to old rides like The Racer or Adventure Express. I would think Mystic Timbers will have one next year.

They could also just install the kiosks and not man the booths. Once on your account you can just order online or from the booth up by the entrance.

The only problem with that idea is not having someone editing out the a$$hats flipping the bird. But they could have one person at an editing station for several rides.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah me too. In 2011, I actually got a Flight of Fear and Boo Blasters ride photo on the same day. The Boo Blasters picture is very cool, and it even has a bunch of glow in the dark eyes on it! And the Flight of Fear picture had aliens next to you, of course with ride info on it as well. They should deifantly bring pictures back for both rides, especially since Boo Blasters is mainly for families and a group photo on the ride is a great memory saver. Im just glad that I got both ride photos when I did, but I hope they both come back as well as on The Bat. Ive always wanted a photo of myself on The Bat as it is one of my favorites. They should have them on Boo Blasters and Flight of Fear, and defiantly I hope that they will add one to The Bat. Something about looking at those photos with the ride logo, and facts really helps remember your experience at the park better! MaestroJr

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure. Looks to be adding to your pass at both parks. It doesn't say "pass purchase" so I assume if you have a pass already you could add to it for that price. What would be interesting to try is if CP was your home park and then try to add the KI funpix pass to it, since it is cheaper but the exact same benefits.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone got the Mystic Timbers video to work on their funpix? Mine just shows a black space where the train should be. I didn't see a spot to add my train like I picked my pictures?

EDIT- Not sure this link works .. it does on mobile but not on my laptop

https://myfunpix.com/AllVideos/FunPix/King's Island/Mystic Timber/2017-04-14/6e997fc1-9ec6-4cb2-ac5c-656e0e69b730.mp4

On 4/15/2017 at 2:08 PM, Melody said:

Has anyone got the Mystic Timbers video to work on their funpix? Mine just shows a black space where the train should be. I didn't see a spot to add my train like I picked my pictures?

EDIT- Not sure this link works .. it does on mobile but not on my laptop

https://myfunpix.com/AllVideos/FunPix/King's Island/Mystic Timber/2017-04-14/6e997fc1-9ec6-4cb2-ac5c-656e0e69b730.mp4

i just tried it on my computer.  Unless that is you in the tree costume, then No, it appears not to have worked.

I was going to try it, but every time I got off the ride, there was quite a line for it.  

I did find something cool about Funpix today.  I went up to one of the camera guys and said I would like our picture.  He said sure and asked if I had the card.  I said I did and he scanned it somehow and said it would come to be in about 30 minutes, but gave me a card in case.  I thanked him and then went on.  About an hour later, I checked the website and sure enough, there were the pictures.  I never had to go back to the desk.

I guess they can do this all of the time, but want you to go the booth to upsell photos, keychains, etc.  I thought that was pretty slick

• Like 1

I still have all my Cedar Point ride photos from last year! And they were from an all-day FunPix, not an all-season! What a pleasant surprise.

On a side note, I have one major gripe with Vortex's FunPix only deal; with just the kiosk there, no one is there behind the counter to help you if a problem with the kiosk arises. As Vortex is in the back of the park, calling someone from Merch to come take a look at the kiosk uses even more time.

Plus, the FunPix-less riders who want to see their pictures can't because they need a card to scan. Where's the fun in that?

Okay, I'm done. Just had to get my opinion out on Vortex being FunPix only and how that has been working. I had to regretfully tell multiple guests that they needed a FunPix card to see their photos when I was working yesterday.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VortexBFForever said:

I still have all my Cedar Point ride photos from last year! And they were from an all-day FunPix, not an all-season! What a pleasant surprise.

On a side note, I have one major gripe with Vortex's FunPix only deal; with just the kiosk there, no one is there behind the counter to help you if a problem with the kiosk arises. As Vortex is in the back of the park, calling someone from Merch to come take a look at the kiosk uses even more time.

Plus, the FunPix-less riders who want to see their pictures can't because they need a card to scan. Where's the fun in that?

Okay, I'm done. Just had to get my opinion out on Vortex being FunPix only and how that has been working. I had to regretfully tell multiple guests that they needed a FunPix card to see their photos when I was working yesterday.

I gave up trying even see mine there (at Vortex).  The first time it was not on the mix and the second time the sun was right on the screen so I could not make any of the pictures out.  I was going to find someone to tell this to, but no such luck finding anyone.  The folks running the ride seemed pretty busy.  I will have to catch a supervisor the next time I am at that end of the park.

7 minutes ago, VortexBFForever said:

I agree with you...that's kind of sucky...I was positive we had a great picture for our group....the kiosk only showed like 20 pictures (none of which were mine). I thought I saw mine, yet it wasn't me or anyone in the group. The placement is rough in the afternoon/evening because the sun is directly behind it so it's hard to see the screen.

^In fact, Vortex's FunPix kiosk was not updating new photos tonight, so I was unable to see any photos from my eleven rides. Even after my last ride, the latest pictures that showed up were the ones I saw after my first ride (which was roughly an hour earlier). I was indeed disappointed because several photos probably turned out great, yet I never got to know for sure.

Hopefully this problematic kiosk will be fixed by the next operating day, or at least have someone on immediate hand to help. Maybe even have some means of allowing non-FunPixers to see their photos if they so desire! (They just wouldn't have the option to buy the photo) Either way, Vortex's photo stand looks so bare without all the monitors, merchandise...and people to help with such merchandise.

It may be only three days into the operating season, but I am already not a fan. Something needs to be fixed here, especially since a number of guests (myself included) have already had a damper on their #KIBestDay because they couldn't see their epic photos...

• Like 1