Funpix

rhyano

^I agree! I talked two of my friends into riding Firehawk for their first time last summer. They were "traumatized" at first but quickly grew to love it! I really wanted to see and even buy the photo from that ride...but there were no photos. Needless to say I was mildly disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I really like the idea of kiosk only FunPix if it allows more rides to have photos but it sounds from what I have seen the system kind of needs frequent human attention to keep it running correctly.   I also wonder if someone at a remote location is reviewing the photos and editing out the NSFP (park) photos or if they are just letting them que up raw.  If it is raw it won't take pranksters long to figure this out.  

• Like 3

Just now, CoastersRZ said:

I agree.  If they can get the Funpix location working at Vortex it would be nice to see Firehawk, FoF, and even Adventure Express have an onride photo.  All three of which used to at one point in time have on ride photos.

I remember that.... I wonder if the cameras are still in place?

I asked why they made Vortex a fun pix exclusive, and was told that they weren't selling enough pics to keep it staffed. But at least I can still get my photo when the kiosk is working correctly. I was only able to get 2 pics out of my 7 rides because of issues with the kiosk.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

@Melody Did you save your picture via the kiosk? I was told you get the video only if you use the kiosk to save your photo (the video saves automatically when you save the photo). I got my picture from the kiosk and my video works just fine.

As for Vortex's kiosk, all I ask is for some way for the photos to be viewed by non-FunPix users (albeit without an option to purchase). Right now, the only way for them to see their photos is if a rider with FunPix happens to be nearby. In fact, when I ride and then scan my pass to find my photo, I let the other riders see their photos before I find and save mine.

• Like 3

Just now, VortexBFForever said:

@Melody Did you save your picture via the kiosk? I was told you get the video only if you use the kiosk to save your photo (the video saves automatically when you save the photo). I got my picture from the kiosk and my video works just fine.

Yep but I had JUST bought funpix it was the first time I used it so maybe I did something wrong lol?

I agree.  If they can get the Funpix location working at Vortex it would be nice to see Firehawk, FoF, and even Adventure Express have an onride photo.  All three of which used to at one point in time have on ride photos.

You can add a few more rides to that list: Invertigo, Boo Blasters, and Backlot Stunt Coaster. Of course, the fact they took out the photo booths and equipment for all three would make it difficult to re-add. But if they get the automated photo kiosks working, it would make FunPix a better investment with all the new rides.

On 4/17/2017 at 8:55 AM, King Ding Dong said:

I also wonder if someone at a remote location is reviewing the photos and editing out the NSFP (park) photos or if they are just letting them que up raw.  If it is raw it won't take pranksters long to figure this out.  

Nope. When VortexBFForever and I were trying to get our first photo (I did ride with her once) on Sunday and found that the new photos were not showing up, I spotted one photo among the most recent being displayed where a rider was very clearly flipping off the camera.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my Platinum Pass upgraded to the New and Improved Platinum Pass today at the front FunPix booth.   At the end of the day turned in the card from the entry photographers to add to my account and they issued a new Platinum Pass with a QR code on the back so next time I can just hand the photographer my pass to scan and not have to return to the booth.  

Update

On 4/30/2017 at 7:53 PM, King Ding Dong said:

So I got my Platinum Pass upgraded to the New and Improved Platinum Pass today at the front FunPix booth.   At the end of the day turned in the card from the entry photographers to add to my account and they issued a new Platinum Pass with a QR code on the back so next time I can just hand the photographer my pass to scan and not have to return to the booth.  

Update: So we took a short afternoon trip to CP today and as I feared the transfer of FunPix to the new QR code only SP was not perfect.   The photos were not showing up in either of my apps and the kiosks were not reading the QR code, necessitating handing my pass to a host.   I finally found a young man who seemed to really know what he was doing (Phillipino by the way, it says so on his name badge) and he discovered that my card was not linked to funpix account so once we entered my email address again all was working again.  Kiosks read the QR code and the new photos showed up on the apps.  

The entry photographer did not want to scan my SP and handed me a card, so I guess CP is not completely online with the new system yet or just a training issue.  

• Like 3

I scanned my pass at multiple rides yesterday. The only thing that shows up on my account is the video from Mystic Timbers. I went to the Funpix kiosk at the front of the park and they have me a card with a number on it supposedly to save my pictures from the day to pull up if they never show up. Well, they never showed up. They verified my email and all. I don't think there's a disconnect since I'm getting the MT videos. Anyone have any ideas?

14 minutes ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

I scanned my pass at multiple rides yesterday. The only thing that shows up on my account is the video from Mystic Timbers. I went to the Funpix kiosk at the front of the park and they have me a card with a number on it supposedly to save my pictures from the day to pull up if they never show up. Well, they never showed up. They verified my email and all. I don't think there's a disconnect since I'm getting the MT videos. Anyone have any ideas?

Try logging into my myfunpix.com from a real computer and see what happens.   Also if you are trying from the app, try deleting it and reinstalling and then log in.  

On 2017-05-07 at 9:10 PM, King Ding Dong said:

The entry photographer did not want to scan my SP and handed me a card, so I guess CP is not completely online with the new system yet or just a training issue.  

This was my experience on the weekend at Wonderland as well... Wouldn't even try to scan the pass, just did the same paper card and 'check at the booth in an hour' I always got last year...

On 5/9/2017 at 10:35 AM, Honorarius said:

This was my experience on the weekend at Wonderland as well... Wouldn't even try to scan the pass, just did the same paper card and 'check at the booth in an hour' I always got last year...

I hope this doesn't happen to me. I'm going to Worlds of Fun in July and I have the all season funpix also.

Worlds of Fun doesnt have Funpix. The only Parks that have it are, Cedar Point, Canada's Wonderland, California's Great America, Carowinds, Knotts, Kings Island, And Kings Dominion. Or the C and K Cedar Fair Parks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2