Funpix

rhyano

4 hours ago, chugh43 said:

The only thing I don't like about FunPix is that some pictures aren't able to be customized....what I mean by that is you aren't able to move the picture to get everyone on your car in the picture but you can also attribute that to the standard frame (for example Millennium Force). 

This is why, whenever possible, I always went to the photo booth attendant to get the picture added and never the kiosk. The attendant can zoom and crop the image before the "frame" is added. On one occasion, an attendant was able to take my photo, which she had censored on the overhead screens due to someone in the back row flipping off the camera, and zoom in on me in the front row to eliminate the inappropriate action from the picture so I could add it to my account.

• Like 2

Just now, jcgoble3 said:

This is why, whenever possible, I always went to the photo booth attendant to get the picture added and never the kiosk. The attendant can zoom and crop the image before the "frame" is added. On one occasion, an attendant was able to take my photo, which she had censored on the overhead screens due to someone in the back row flipping off the camera, and zoom in on the front row to eliminate the inappropriate action from the picture so I could add it to my account.

Doesn't always work...frames only allow certain things, i.e. Millennium Force can really only get a row at a time....and if it can get a 2nd row in the car, it cuts off one person. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Doesn't always work...frames only allow certain things, i.e. Millennium Force can really only get a row at a time....and if it can get a 2nd row in the car, it cuts off one person. 

Ah, that. I noticed on my very first visit to Cedar Point in 2011, and apparently it hasn't changed since, that the ride cameras take a separate photo for each row rather than for each car like at Kings Island. On that first visit, my first thought upon realizing this was that it was a blatant money grab, and indeed, that's exactly what it is. Groups of more than two usually have to buy twice as many photo prints if they want their photos at Cedar Point than at Kings Island. On no evidence whatsoever except his affinity for nickels, I blame Dick Kinzel.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...