Rivertown funnel cake stand razed

Magenta Lizard

Agreed about the train!

It may be wishful thinking on my part, too. RHoFG is one of the few places in the park where you can't get the souvenir cups filled. On the rare occasions I had my cup with me, I wanted to fill it at a Freestyle machine, and the train station location was typically closed. A Marketplace would probably (hopefully?) be more likely to actually be open, so having a Freestyle drink in Reds wouldn't be as likely to require a trek halfway across the park.

• Like 1

They were very popular with me, a money-spending park guest! :P

Just kidding--I know what you meant. It's just a bummer to think about them potentially leaving. They were so stinking good, much like the fries that were in Hank's Burrito Shack before Hank's Burrito Shack was Hank's Burrito Shack.

I did notice that that place would shut down when the park was short-staffed. That probably says something about its popularity. The covered patio area behind it isn't the prettiest place in the park, so I suppose I'm okay with this happening if it means that the appearance of that area improves. I'm a little sad that the park is losing a unique building that (I'm pretty sure) was there in 1972, but mainly I just don't want to lose the elephant ears. :)

• Like 10

Wha...? No, but seriously, It would make sense to relocate a Coke Freestyle marketplace there as the train station depot is frequently closed. But if they are demo'ing that because it's sometimes closed, I wonder if/why they wouldn't demo Paradise Island, which is almost never open? Hmmm... the plot thickens...

• Like 9

Although I still think that the old Flight Commander pad would be a more fitting spot, that Rivertown location could work well for a Gerstlauer Sky Roller, similar to what Canada's Wonderland is recieving this season.

I wouldn't doubt that the park could recieve a flat in 2017 anyway, not necessarily in that location though, considering what some of the other CF parks are getting for '16.

......And then again, of course, this could be nothing but a little "clean-up" and restoration for the area / maybe another new building......

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post!

Was browsing over the park on Google Earth and noticed that the pond near White Water Canyon was drained back in October?....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pond pictured is not connected to White Water Canyon, and if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's never been "drained" either....?

Here it is pictured on Google Earth, captured in October:

Cz5s6Ji.jpg

(Photo captured from Google Earth and courtesy goes out to Google Earth for image-capture)

You guys' thoughts on this? Am I thinking of the wrong pond? Connected to the demolition of the elephant ear building? Something to think about.....

I'm a little sad that the park is losing a unique building that (I'm pretty sure) was there in 1972, but mainly I just don't want to lose the elephant ears. :)

Yep, present since park opening. Originally home to "Whistle Stop" before becoming "Canyon Canteen" in the 1980s. Also a Skyline Chili at one point.

I'm curious about what will happen in this space, but I'm even more curious about the White Water Canyon pathway. If the bridge is gone I wonder if the park will build a new one or instead have a new railroad crossing, similar to Cedar Point's railroad.

• Like 7

I'm curious about what will happen in this space, but I'm even more curious about the White Water Canyon pathway. If the bridge is gone I wonder if the park will build a new one or instead have a new railroad crossing, similar to Cedar Point's railroad.

I'd very much like to have a grade crossing instead of the bridge. It would be much easier than climbing all those steps only to go right back down, and on the exit, it would be much easier for wheelchair users to not have to deal with that massive ramp.

• Like 2

If it's anything to improve food service I am all for it, the lines there were most of the time extremely long last season. I doubt a Coke Freestyle shop would be put there seeing as there is one right next to it at the train station that they never keep that one open. I have a feeling it could be something along the lines of FunPix as someone mentioned earlier, but hopefully with that loss there will be a gain of more up time at the Coke Freestyle shop at the train station. I doubt a FunPix kiosk is going to require as much labor as an area that served as much food and drinks as they did.

• Like 4