Rivertown funnel cake stand razed

Magenta Lizard

As I read through this thread, I can't help but (hilariously) envision a group of reporters shoving microphones in to Don Helbig's face:

"Can you tell us more about the demolition of the funnel cake stand in Rivertown!?"

"What is the nature of this project??"

"What does this mean for the future of White Water Canyon!?"

"The public is just wanting answers!!!!"

• Like 7

Maybe they are building a new "build your own Funnel Cake" style stand similar to the one on International Street last year? Perhaps the layout and design of the original building wouldn't be conducive to this type of "assembly line" style?

• Like 4

Oh heavens no. 

I guess I'll chime in here as really I never was a part of the target audience. I really don't like Funnel Cakes, in fact, I would be just as happy to get a small Roll-O-Plane or some sort of small flat to be placed in the spot. But, that would take out prime real estate to possibly open up the back area into River Town's White Water Canyon. I don't think the train is in jeopardy as this is the Funnel Cake Shop area, not the station as there is a few steps from there to the train so I have no fear for the train itself. Besides, it's a key part of Kings Island history and it's on the COASTERSTOCK itinerary so I don't think it will leave in 2016. 

• Like 7

This seems like the worst possible idea for that area.  Rivertown has so much traffic as is and they're putting in this huge game which will likely spawn spectators?  

There has to be a better place for this if they're so intent on this, like, oh, I don't know...all that space by Backlot?

• Like 8

Thanks Terp. I have WDW on my mind. I meant International Street in the shadow of the ET

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct sir, at least from my memories of m last park visit.  Walk along the left side of I Street, and turn left at the Tower, and (last I remember) there was/is a funnel cake/elephant ear/pretzel/drink/etc stand first building on the left.

• Like 2

As I read through this thread, I can't help but (hilariously) envision a group of reporters shoving microphones in to Don Helbig's face:

"Can you tell us more about the demolition of the funnel cake stand in Rivertown!?"

"What is the nature of this project??"

"What does this mean for the future of White Water Canyon!?"

"The public is just wanting answers!!!!"

And his answer... "Park Management was unhappy with the ride experience of the Elephant Ear stand"

• Like 11

Rob Decker is the Senior Vice President of Planning and Design for Cedar Fair.  He is essentially the chief designer for Cedar Fair.  So he likely has a role to some degree in most projects that get built at all the Cedar Fair parks.  From restrooms to food stands, to games booths to ride buildings.

• Like 4

A soccer game, really? They take all this out for... a soccer game? There's gotta more to this. 

One guess I just thought of is shuffling around Tombstone Territory's entrance/exit as the soccer game will now be taking up what used to be the queue. This may open up the area by Madame Fatale's (where the start of the line was this year); hmmm... 

Also, another question is how big is the soccer game and how much room will it take up? So many questions....

And also,  I don't think another Haunt could fit in this space, unless they do away with Tombstone or rework/revamp it somehow... this next Haunt season should be very interesting... 

-MDMC, rambling with speculation

• Like 2

I do find the phrase "out of the box" and HAUNT mentioned in Greg Scheid's tweet intriguing. Probably just a turn of phrase, but I know a lot of people are dying for the big box to be either removed or at least better utilized through the summer.

Maybe they are putting in a Jack in the Box stand selling burgers and fries--LOL :rolleyes:

• Like 3