Rivertown funnel cake stand razed

Magenta Lizard

All I know is, I expect this area to be a cluster of people blocking the pathway with somewhat narrow passage combined with two very popular food stands, and an entrance sure to have those groups of people that stand in front of the entrance for a moment when they second guess if they should go in.

It may be worse than the ice cream lines blocking the direct path to Banshee. That eating area is nice but it bottlenecks in the most traveled side.

6d819be1b5b856beb2262915d5915d0b.jpg

• Like 9

Compared to The Guardian of Wonder Mountain (at Nanook of the North's Winter Wonderland), it's a definite improvement (minus the coaster track and finale drop).

Compared to Timber Mountain Log Ride and Calico Mine Ride's refurbishments (within the same Berry Farm as Iron Reef), not so much. 

• Like 5

And they could work with Sally Corp. and make a well themed one that doesn't have to be as extreme or intensive as Disney/Universal but still great and work for a regional/seasonal park. Just look at what they have done with the Justice League rides at the Six Flags parks. Cedar Fair could definitely do something like that. And back int eh woods could make for a great setting for it too, built in theming with the trees surrounding it and mild seclusion.

I've perused the Sally site, looking at their gags. They have the Running Shaggy on their site, though I don't think it's KI's Shaggy.

I like 3d models in haunted houses. For me, the upkeep of the ride is important. I wonder how much Sally charges to refurbish, seeing that Boo Blasters is being so raggedy.

• Like 5

I'm going to make a guess that the new entrance is actually an exit only and that the new entrance is somewhere near the old one, only as a crossing gate and not a bridge.

It's possible but don't see what they point would be of rerouting the exit only. If you still have a path leading from the entrance, just a new crossing why not keep the same path and share the crossing with entrance and exit paths. Would seem like a lot more work to build two crossing and a new path versus just a single crossing on its own.

Agree with an early post that they are likely doing a crossing and placing it in front of the train station so that it's easier to control with the train stopping at the station each cycle and plent yof notice and time to stop the line for it to pull out and then reopen the crossing.

• Like 2

But at the same time, it also looks like the Smoking area was removed as well. Which makes sense, that's actually a pretty bad position for a smoking area, being right next to a food & Patio area.

The smoking area by the Potato Works? It's across the walkway in an alcove, about 40' away..

The more pictures I look at, the more I'm confused about what is going where.

• Like 1

I'm behind on this topic. Are they eventually going to build a new funnel cake stand somewhere else? Also what about the Potato Fry stand? Has that been razed?

From Kings Island's Twitter page

Construction on a new #funnelcake location in Rivertown is underway.

https://twitter.com/kingsislandpr/status/694012432994430976

b2586c3a640d9908d7418fbda037f09e.jpg

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

As I'm understanding this view in the above picture, if you were to be looking at straight on  you would be looking toward Diamondback's station, this funnel cake stand is directly on top of the old smoking area. If this picture was turned to the left a bit, you would see the former spot of the basketball game.

• Like 1

Ok-

The two DB yellow supports on the farthest left side are right where I can watch them shake as I eat fries.

Thanks.

I can see where it is now. What I recall, behind you as you are waiting for fries, there was a chance game? And now they are putting a funnel cake there, now?

• Like 1

Compare and contrast Kings Dominion, tree wise.

It's like it's a different company.

Then look what Cedar Fair did when they built Fury 325. Yes, I'll say it.

Visions of Dormey Park...

I enjoy your cryptic posts as much as anyone else, but for someone like me who has never been to Kings Dominion, can you (or someone else) actually explain the compare/contrast that you speak of?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm going to make a guess that the new entrance is actually an exit only and that the new entrance is somewhere near the old one, only as a crossing gate and not a bridge.

Maybe. But their post implies pretty definitely that it's by the Diamondback net, so that's where I'll still expect ithttps://www.instagram.com/p/BBP6f1IOOIG/

Hmmm... I stand corrected! If you look at the webcam, it looks like that teeny tiny path (the one used for Tombstone Terrotory is being widened into the woods. This gives me even more hope that something mysterious might be happening over near the soccer / basketball game.... Right now though, the "dryer" and lockers are still right where they always were. However, There is still plenty of time to move them both... I'm think that the lockers and dryer would be moved to the other side of the tracks into the woods... One other point.... The original queue line was pretty long....where will all those people be stacked on a busy day?

• Like 3

Kings Dominion has lush vegetation, mature trees, and seems to be set in a veritable forest...as Kings Island once was as well.

Dorney Park is a sea of cement--bright dazzling cement.

One of the things I really liked about Dinosaurs Alive was that you could take a walk in the shade.  It could be my imagination, but when I walked through it this past summer there was virtually no shade on the entire path...would they really remove trees just for the sake of removing them???

• Like 2

The dryer could still be useful for guests leaving Run For Your Life Charlie Brown. .. ehhh the log flume

White Water Canyon riders usually need it more than the log flume riders.

That said, I paid for that dryer once. As far as I could tell, it did nothing. I was still just as wet when I came out as when I stepped in. My advice: don't waste your money.

• Like 5