Rivertown funnel cake stand razed

Magenta Lizard

As an SLP the voice is one of the things we worry about the most. Water is your best friend above all else. Water doesn't do what you think it does (coat your throat). What water does do is it allows tissues to stay plump and tender. It also allowed mucosal membranes to do their jobs which produces the coatings to keep things safe.

If you don't have enough water your body pulls it's from tissues before organs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

One thing I think KI should do is implement what I'm going to call AAT scares (Actor Activated Triggers) in the houses. Basically an actor hits a button when he or she jumps out and they are accompanied by a loud sound and usually some form of lighting effect like a strobe. It saves your actors voice, helps keep them high energy and when done correctly is extraordinarily effective (I've seen people fall on the ground) Plus you can get 4 or 5 people instead of just 1 or 2. But you do have to be creative when designing your house in order to keep things from becoming repetitive. That along with more frequent breaks will keep your actors high energy, safe, less likely to quit and more likely to return. 

Do we have a general Haunt topic? If so maybe we should move this discussion over because I can talk Haunt for days. And get back to the funnel cake-less-ness state of River Town.

• Like 12

These exist already! But not very intricate and not very common.

It takes a few weeks for your body to stabilize with water. At first your body hordes it then it starts flushing your system (that's why you pee a lot) then it balances out and everything becomes easier

Interesting. I didnt know there was an adaptation period with water. I usually only drink lots of water when I'm currently in a show.. maybe I should make it a permanent thing.

• Like 2

Yeah at first your body goes

"Oh wow water, time to store it"

Then it goes

"I love this water less flush things out and wow we have lots of water stored let's get rid of this too, oh wow there's more water coming keep flushing"

Then the body goes

"Wow this works really nice where I get rid of toxins and stuff and can keep all my organs nice a going... Amazing!"

• Like 3

So trying to figure out again why would they move the entrance to WWC if the soccer and basketball games are now over in front of The Beast, and why build a new Funnel Cake stand when you already had a large building for it?? Here is my crazy idea. I'm thinking for 2017 possibly a dark ride, or another woodie maybe an RMC, or GCI, maybe a GG?? This plot of land would be great for another woodie. You have the low points on DB that it can cross over. A lot of prime land. Plus it would draw more people to that corner of the park. Think about it. Most people just walk on by when going from DB to The Beast, or vise versa. Just my crazy idea. Lol

9e801cec83bf12e335cc10a99c2685df.jpg

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 5

He could jump out and yell "I WILL DESTROY YOUR PARKS THEMING!" That'd scare me. 

These exist already! But not very intricate and not very common.

Assuming you're referring to the AAT scares KI has something similar but nothing like I'm talking about. I'm talking about a bone rattling sound... one that will make hairs stand on end. And a violent strobe that disorients the guest and then BOOM an actor right in their face. Works every time.

And as much as I love new coasters it is time for a dark ride. Everything KI has done recently is very... Cedar Fair. And while I don't mind those big coasters everything has been concrete and steel and, in my opinion, kills the parks charm. A dark ride is a great first step in regaining that lost charm. And then an RMC with theming.

• Like 5

Assuming you're referring to the AAT scares KI has something similar but nothing like I'm talking about. I'm talking about a bone rattling sound... one that will make hairs stand on end. And a violent strobe that disorients the guest and then BOOM an actor right in their face. Works every time.

AAT?

Coulrophobes beware:

The scares with the strobe light and sound effects are the AATs MrBestDayEver is referring to, also known as Halloween Horror Nights' Bread & Butter scare. Because there is a literal conga line of people walking through the maze, they need a scare tactic with a super quick reset. Most of the animatronics and props seen in other haunted houses (see The Dent Schoolhouse or The Island Haunt) wouldn't work in these environments because they would be continuously running non-stop and break down more often.

• Like 2

One thing I think KI should do is implement what I'm going to call AAT scares (Actor Activated Triggers) in the houses. Basically an actor hits a button when he or she jumps out and they are accompanied by a loud sound and usually some form of lighting effect like a strobe. It saves your actors voice, helps keep them high energy and when done correctly is extraordinarily effective (I've seen people fall on the ground) Plus you can get 4 or 5 people instead of just 1 or 2. But you do have to be creative when designing your house in order to keep things from becoming repetitive. That along with more frequent breaks will keep your actors high energy, safe, less likely to quit and more likely to return. 

Do we have a general Haunt topic? If so maybe we should move this discussion over because I can talk Haunt for days. And get back to the funnel cake-less-ness state of River Town.

Oh, I should probably be preparing for the Summer now.

• Like 1

On the DBack webcam right now... Bunches of construction peeps scurrying around Rivertown. Concrete is being poured at the Bball game and looks like dirt has been moved around in the old Funnel cakes location... Plus concrete is being poured over there.

• Like 3

Yesterday was a big associate training day, and I mainly saw a lot of people in stripes walking around on the webcams....probably training for that new cashless game system!!

Just got suckered into the new system today at KD. Daughter wanted to play ring toss. Couldn't spend a buck to play. Had to buy a card for a minimum if $5.

Its basically forcing you to spend more to play but in the upside, spend $100 and get $20 for "free".

• Like 5

On the subject that was discussed a few pages ago (Kings Dominion vs. Kings Island tree-ness), I watched a Youtube video a few days which was a tour of Kings Dominion, and was shocked how GORGEOUS that park looks. Wow. And most of that was how huge and nice their trees are. And also they have a Ferris Wheel, their OLD Flying Eagles, a working decently themed Top Spin, and their Antique Cars. Aka a lot of the stuff KI fans lost and want back.

Also: Antique Cars in the woods near WWC would be awesome thanks in part due to the huge amount of trees back there- it would feel like you were driving along a road in the woods. And possibly over a river (WWC). I'd like it if done right. :P

• Like 11

^Are the kiosks where you can buy the card around every game? Or were they a bit harder to find?

And did the kiosk take cash, or only credit?

At KD, they were scattered around the games and one seemed to be next to all the basketball games. They take cash or credit and are a minimum of $5. The quarter toss game of course didn't require them.
  • Like 1

So you can no longer just drop a buck on a cheap game and move on? You HAVE to spend a minimum of $5 in order to play any games at all? That's stupid.

Bingo! This system will PAY for itself in no time with all of the "extra" income.

• Like 4

So you can no longer just drop a buck on a cheap game and move on? You HAVE to spend a minimum of $5 in order to play any games at all? That's stupid.

Wonder if that includes the wheel game(for lack of a better word or name) at Diamondback.

I heard somewhere you like that game as much as i do. 

I know it's five bucks, but i'd still rather not buy a card if I don't have to, won ALOT of skip the line passes there.........

• Like 3