No more Chick-Fil-A at Cedar Point!

SANDUSKY, Ohio -- One of Cedar Point's popular dining locations is being plucked from the park in 2016.

Cedar Point’s Tony Clark confirms to WKYC that Chick-fil-A will not be returning when the park opens in May.

Chick-fil-A was located in the Frontiertown section of the park near the Maverick roller coaster’s exit.

When asked, Clark did not elaborate on what would take Chick-fil-A's place.

• Like 4

Having a closed kiosk isn't rare for the park(s)- however, Chic-Fil-A did have a rather marquee location that made it maddening to be closed on what is typically a busy day.  Hope they keep Chic-Fil-A, as it is a location that generally has better food that the average location... maybe move it to a less traveled location (if there is such a thing).  

While we're at it... How about doubling, or even tripling the concession offerings withing Soak City.  Hate the typical 30-45 minute food line waits.

• Like 4

The loss of revenue couldnt happen to a more deserving company, good riddance to Chick Fil-A.   Theres one good thing to come from the CP offseason.

Edited for clarity.

Thank you for the clarity.  What is your rub with Chic-Fil-A?  

Please don't say that since you take issue with the fact their management holds a view different than yours that they are inherently a company deserving of bad "fortune."  

• Like 5

All I will say.... and whether you, or anyone else likes it is immaterial to me.... is that most companies are at least smart enough to keep potentially volatile/unpopular views under wraps.  There is a reason companies have Spin Doctors/Politicians aka P.R. Representatives, to avoid circumstances such as the one you are alluding to.

Edit.... and before said issue you are alluding to came to light, I ate at a CF-A... once.  I was highly unimpressed.  No different than a Chevy guy not liking a Ford due to an unsatisfactory experience with the quality of their product.

• Like 3

The food isn't that good, customer service is usually bleh (ask for extra pickles, still get two). Also in terms of Chicken, other joints do it way better.

Plus at Cedar Point, I don't care for stuff I get outside of the park, I go for Macho Nachos, Chickies & Petes, etc.

I can get their crappy chicken on my lunch break whenever.

• Like 2

Said company is currently trying to get the permits to open two locations in Northwest Washington, DC--one in Tenleytown, the other in Van Ness. They are encountering zealous opposition--supposedly because of traffic and our kids shouldn't eat fast food issues. The American University students are fighting them tooth and nail.

• Like 1

I don't care.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I am just seeking to find out if it is because they hold a different opinion on a particular subject to you or not.  

Simple solution, spend money at another kiosk (as I'm sure you do).  I personally think that the whole Haunt event is a touch overboard with things that are, quite frankly, grotesque.   Solution, I don't go- I still enjoy the park on other days.  To say "good riddance" because they hold a different opinion is a bit shallow.

Just saying that, and I don't care who I offend- but it seems that the whole crowd that screams "tolerance" and "inclusion" are some of the most intolerant.  

• Like 6

This was posted earlier in the meal plan thread...

And not everyone reads that other thread. I'm happy it was posted as a new topic.

The food isn't that good, customer service is usually bleh (ask for extra pickles, still get two). Also in terms of Chicken, other joints do it way better.

I'm surprised you call the customer service "bleh". I've never visited the Cedar Point Chick-fil-A location, but I'm always impressed by how polite and friendly Chick-fil-A employees are at other locations.

• Like 8

This was posted earlier in the meal plan thread...

And not everyone reads that other thread. I'm happy it was posted as a new topic.

I'm surprised you call the customer service "bleh". I've never visited the Cedar Point Chick-fil-A location, but I'm always impressed by how polite and friendly Chick-fil-A employees are at other locations.

Someone can correct me, but the Customer Service at the park location may be drastically different from a stand alone store because the employees are employees of said park and not necessarily of Chic-Fil-A, or one of their franchisors and therefore not specifically to the CFA handbook.  

I didn't go to the KI location often this past year, but don't recall CFA terminology of "my pleasure" and "how can I serve you?"

• Like 2

The Cedar Point Chick-FIL-A was a franchise. Like Panda Express at Kings Island, the employees worked for the franchisee, not the park.

I figured.  Who was the franchisor?  And how did that work with the Dining Plan? I would almost assume that those details would be more trouble than it was worth on both sides.  If it were a park-owned kiosk you have reasonable control of the revenue/expense.  As a separate franchisor, I assume every time someone used their dining plan at that location, CF had to write a check.  It makes complete sense that CF would send them on their way- or at a minimum eliminate it from the DP (it was on the DP last year wasn't it?- that's how observant I am).