No more Chick-Fil-A at Cedar Point!

Also, the breaded Chick-FIL-A chicken contains MSG. This was quite a shock to me. I will not be eating it again.

^ MSG??? No more Chik Fil A for me. :( Even many Chinese food restaurants don't use MSG anymore.

For those uncomfortable with Chick-Fil-A's ingredients: I don't suggest reading the ingredient list of, say, Panda Express Orange "Chicken".

• Like 5

Mmmmm meat candy :)

If I recall correctly, there's more modified food starch than (mechanically separated) meat in that. Not to mention excessive amounts of sugar, salt, and MSG (albeit via ingredients that allow them to claim "no added MSG"). Then, to add insult to injury, the mixture goes into a deep fryer.

At least Chick-Fil-A starts out with actual pieces of chicken and doesn't hide the fact that they use MSG.

• Like 3

MSG is just one more thing that the American public has been taught to fear without reason. Scientific evidence says it's safe, therefore I don't care whether MSG is present in my food.

As for Panda Express's orange chicken, it's a guilty pleasure. :) That said, I typically balance it out by making my other entree something much healthier and choosing veggies for my side instead of rice.

• Like 1

As for Chick-Fil-A being crowded, I got my mom a salad on the way home from work the other night and the drive-thru line had a line of a few cars and the inside was pretty full as well (then again, it was around 6 o'clock- dinner time for most, but still). And I was impressed by the "how may I serve you?" greeting. 

-MDMC, not a huge Chick-Fil A fan (I'm a picky eater :P), but glad to see it doing great business!

• Like 2

According to the Mayo Clinic MSG is generally safe....

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196

Big thing is most fast foods or colas or anything else generally is safe in small doses. But if you eat too much of it then it's bad news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

According to the Mayo Clinic MSG is generally safe....

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196

Big thing is most fast foods or colas or anything else generally is safe in small doses. But if you eat too much of it then it's bad news

• Like 2

I ate there last year and was surprised it wasn't that overpriced for park food. A chicken sandwich and fries was under $7 before tax. If Cedar Point was a local park and I planned to eat a meal in the park, that would have been somewhere I would have gone to often.

Six Flags went through this with Johnny Rockets. When Dan Snyder had an interest in both companies, Johnny Rockets opened in virtually every Six Flags. When Dan was ousted, many of them closed. Great Adventure once had THREE!

I thought it was strange that they closed the one in Plaza Del Carnaval, and kept the other two open. One near the fountain and the other one near Nitro that are only a few minutes away from each other.

Yah, it's a good consistant sandwich at a good price. I like it for that.

Terp, thanks for the clarification, I thought all of CF was going out of contract.

• Like 1

Whatever is replacing Chick-fil-A will be something that nods at CP's history while keeping the quality of food the same.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/features/what-will-replace-chick-fil-a-at-cedar-point-park-officials-dish-history-tease/22543820

After some researching and seeing what people are saying on social media, I think it will be Chicken Plantation, apparently a restaurant that used to be in that location a while back. The existing structure already has a plantation-esque feel to it, so that would fit nicely. My guess is that it would be like Chicken Shack at KI which I'm really excited about. I love the Raising Cane's/Chicken Shack type of chicken even more than Chick-fil-A. 

Regardless, it's fun to think about what's coming, and it's good they plan on putting in a quality establishment (cough cough no Subway). 

• Like 4

Something I just realized, and I'm not sure if it's been brought up already or not.

The closest Chick-Fil-A to Cedar Point now that the one in the park is gone? One in Perrysburg, which is south of Toledo. The rest are southwest of Cleveland. None of which are within 35 miles of the park.

Kings Island? 4 within 10 miles of the park. Mason, Springdale, West Chester, and Bridgewater Falls.

• Like 4

Whatever is replacing Chick-fil-A will be something that nods at CP's history while keeping the quality of food the same.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/features/what-will-replace-chick-fil-a-at-cedar-point-park-officials-dish-history-tease/22543820

After some researching and seeing what people are saying on social media, I think it will be Chicken Plantation, apparently a restaurant that used to be in that location a while back. The existing structure already has a plantation-esque feel to it, so that would fit nicely. My guess is that it would be like Chicken Shack at KI which I'm really excited about. I love the Raising Cane's/Chicken Shack type of chicken even more than Chick-fil-A. 

Regardless, it's fun to think about what's coming, and it's good they plan on putting in a quality establishment (cough cough no Subway). 

Considering that Cedar Fair just removed something quite historic to the park that it was in which also related to a plantation, I'd not hold my breath on that.

• Like 1

Chicken Shack's chicken became much saltier in 2015, which I was not a fan of. Consistency (serving temperature & taste) varied widely throughout the season.

And over cooked. Mine was burned more times than not.

Boo. That type of service doesn't give any value for my chintzy bucks.

I find myself going to the same eateries over and over again because, just like everyone else, I want to get what I pay for. One bad round of eats and that place is off the list.

There's Frog Leg King Houston restaurant that had a great rep until it passed hands. I went there with older friends who frequented it back in the day, and I tell you, you've not seen anything until you've seen senior citizens almost break into a riot over poor food quality. Even if it was just one bad day, words get passed around. Now they only rec that restaurant to people they hate.

• Like 2

I was just stating any restaurant during a lunch rush is busy, that's just how it always is.

And I stated that CFA is busier than most places during lunch rush and went into detail -- all of which you ignored and continue to do so.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You seem upset that I feel Chick Fil A's perform at the same level as other restaurants.

Drive through Blue Ash at lunchtime and tell me what has lines.

LOL that's exactly the area I drive through at lunch time. CFA's are busier than other fast foot places. Maybe you just need to pay closer attention?
  • Like 1

Man dude you got like a serious axe to grind about CFA. Honestly who cares. CFA is super busy. Probably busier than other restaurants and for a reason. Decent to good food (I like them better than others) done for not an expensive price. There are not many and that helps drive the line.

Yes right at lunch or dinner time many places are busy. No one is disputing that fact. But CFA usually have larger lines. Long lines don't be popularity.

But seriously most of your posts are purposely troll like and good job you got me to bite and comment on this. But honestly who cares. Relax and if you don't like CFA then good for you. Go eat something near you. Because man oh man. You seem like a super angry person.

• Like 7