Which coaster do you want to come next.

Beasttamer

Given Cedar Fair`s relationship with Intamin, I do not see an Impulse coaster coming to Kings Island, unless it is relocated from another Cedar Fair Park.

Intamin hasn`t really built many new rides in the states lately.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that their last installation in the US was Skyrush at Hershey, which opened back in 2012?  So this is the fourth season without a new Intamin coaster installed in a US park.

• Like 1

Given Cedar Fair`s relationship with Intamin, I do not see an Impulse coaster coming to Kings Island, unless it is relocated from another Cedar Fair Park.

Intamin hasn`t really built many new rides in the states lately.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that their last installation in the US was Skyrush at Hershey, which opened back in 2012?  So this is the fourth season without a new Intamin coaster installed in a US park.

And I saw how that turned out this summer...  :lol:

In all seriousness, I know CF and Intamin's relationship has been strained over the past couple years, but those things (Impulse Coasters) are a blast (pun-semi intended... haven't been on Volcano in a while)!

• Like 5

Which if it is like Leviathon, I would be all for a B&M Giga at Kings Island. I haven`t had a chance to check out Fury 325 yet, though. I have heard good things about that ride too.

I have not been on either yet. Hopefully I will get to one of them this year.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

KI having an RMC would be pretty cool; again, I wouldn't have to drive far to ride one (I've actually never ridden one, I'm thinking Goliath @ SFGAM will be my first) ! Also, it would be really cool if the RMC "gate coaster" on my RCT2 KD scenario became a reality.

• Like 2

I'm guessing the Giga gives them the best return on their investment, hence the recent builds, but if I had my pick, I'd love to see a wild mouse (especially if it could be ridden by the 44" crowd)  which I think would help fill in a slight hole their coast lineup; I feel like the park could use another "tweener" coaster for the kids that have grown beyond Woodstock Express, but are not tall enough or too nervous to get on The Beast, Vortex, etc...  Stunt Track and The Racer fits this description well, but its 48" height limit means there are a bunch of kids waiting a season (or more) for something more than FAAC.

With that said, for personal enjoyment, I'd take a clone of Renegade in a second, even better if it was stretched out a little more, but man, what a thrill.

• Like 9

What I would love for the park to get next is a GCI similar to Goldstriker or Prowler. I've never experienced one, but it seems like something I would enjoy. However, I believe a B&M giga will indeed be the next coaster. As others have said, Fury 325 has received rave reviews and a giga obviously offers the best marketability and presumably the best return on investment.

• Like 5

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of a B&M sitting giga.  What Banshee is to Raptor, the new ride would be to Millennium Force; an updated, more refined version.  The ride needs to be different enough from Diamondback so that it complements it so maybe more elements that push you into your seat instead of eject you out of it.

Kings Island could also use another launch coaster.  Backlot and Flight of Fear have slow lines so I don't ride those too much.  I think the park is set on woodies with The Beast and Racer.

Cedar Fair has been pretty good about putting in coasters at Kings Island and Cedar Point that compliment each other so I don't see a Top Thrill Dragster/Xcelerator clone, wing coaster, dive coaster or Maverick clone coming.

3 million visitors a year could justify a substantial investment.  Of course, we would all go regardless of what the next big investment is.  A new Giga could be huge.  Kings Island has the real estate and the manufacturing facility is local to save on transportation costs (probably marginal savings, but something).  I think it would be cool to have both the longest steel and wooden coasters here.  I wouldn't add length just to be long (a la the long, straight covered part of The Beast), but if they can make it work, it would be cool. 

• Like 7

I think a B&M Giga will be coming to the Island in the near future. But if there's a coaster I would love to see the park get, it would be a Rocky Mountain coaster similar to Outlaw Run. Never been to Silver Dollar City, but I would absolutely love a Rocky Mountain woodie close by, even though we already have two good ones, three if you count Woodstock Express.

• Like 2

I'd like to see a modern wooden coaster added or for steel, I'd like an Intamin Blitz Coaster (Maverick type) or something similar from another manufacturer taking advantage of terrain and woods. Honestly, I'd love a water coaster in Soak City.

However, my bet is on a B&M giga. We shall see.

• Like 9

I think a wild mouse coaster would be a good fit for KI.  The capacity on them is not that great though.

I doubt we will see an Intamin anything at KI.  The last Intamin built in the United States was Skyrush at Hershey Park, and that was back in 2012!  So this is the fourth season without a new Intamin installation at a park in the US.

• Like 6

I think a wild mouse coaster would be a good fit for KI.  The capacity on them is not that great though.

I doubt we will see an Intamin anything at KI.  The last Intamin built in the United States was Skyrush at Hershey Park, and that was back in 2012!  So this is the fourth season without a new Intamin installation at a park in the US.

It seems that Intamin has really not made the US theme park market very happy. At least in the Coaster department. I hope they can turn that around and produce some reliable machines!

• Like 4

Yes.  They just have not offered reliable products.  We still have Premier rides adding new steel coasters to parks.  Full Throttle at Six Flags Magic Mountain is an incredibly fun ride.  

I love B&M rides for their smoothness, and am glad that KI finally has some B&M coasters.  However, it would be nice to see more innovative rides being built at Cedar Fair parks.  

• Like 5

Since Intamin seems unlikely, I'd like to see a wooden twister style coaster from GCI or Gravity Group.

If they were to add a wild mouse, I would hope they run it better than Dorney's. They only run 4 cars, have a rule of no more than 2 teens or adults per car and added seatbelts. A line just out of the station can be 15 minutes. I like how Hersheypark's Wild Mouse and The Dark Knight are set up with cars that don't stop in the station and they both run more cars.

• Like 3

I would love to see a Maverick Intamin, not sure of its classification. Although, if I was a betting man, I would say the next coaster will be a B&M Giga.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I agree.  I have only been to Cedar Point once (well, one 2 day trip), but we thought that was the best one at the park!

• Like 3