Which coaster do you want to come next.

Beasttamer

Racer is the coaster that brought coasters back to Amusement parks. This isn't some local icon it is literally the reason why we have enthusiasts today without The Racer then parks like Six Flags wouldn't have coasters. I think there is no way RMC touhes The Beast I think GCI will continue to be brought in whenever it needs its TLC. Beast is also arguably the best wooden coaster when it come to maintenance KI treats it like a baby, always giving it the TLC it needs.

I think RMC will only come in if we are getting a new coaster, our 2 woodies just have too much history behind them to be touched.

• Like 3

Granted, Racer ushered in this age--but coasters have a shelf life.  When costs outweigh benefits, the owners will look at options.  That's why  it's important to ride and support coasters like Racer.  It would make me feel  more confident about the future of this coaster if it were to receive a thorough paint job (not just the que house)

I'm not advocating for changes to either ride, I am just presenting my opinion of a worse case scenario for Racer.

• Like 4

Colossus was a icon itself, and we all know the fate it saw.. I think people forget that CF is a business. It makes perfect business sense to upgrade and reprofile a current coaster for it would be much cheaper doing so. Another bonus with converting to RMC would be the amount of money saved in maintence costs., and for a non enthusiast a new coaster is always great. And the sad truth of it all, if CF deems it a success there will be more conversions to follow. ( like Six Flags )

• Like 1

Fortunately, CF via KI seems to care well for Racer (except needing paint) and The Beast.

Having never been to Magic Mountain and never ridden Colossus, I can only conjecture based on internet reading that it was a shadow it its' former self due to destruction by neglect.  If I ever make it to the park, I will be glad to have the current version of the ride, than no ride at all.

• Like 4

A GCI Renovation like with Ghost Rider would be very welcome on any KI Wooden Rollercoaster.............................. And please do not remove a renovated ride after only 2 years of being renovated. *glares at Carowinds* Paint would be nice like a Rebel Yell type renovation! I do not know though as long as they do not change the trains, I would be fine with any renovation. I think a Ghost Rider type renovation would probably be more welcome on Mean Streak, and that is what I think they will do with it somehow. We first need to hear how much better Ghost Rider is though.

I personally would love a Giga Rollercoaster to be next but I would probably love a new awesome wooden roller coaster just as much!

• Like 1

Fortunately, CF via KI seems to care well for Racer (except needing paint) and The Beast.

Having never been to Magic Mountain and never ridden Colossus, I can only conjecture based on internet reading that it was a shadow it its' former self due to destruction by neglect. If I ever make it to the park, I will be glad to have the current version of the ride, than no ride at all.

If you call raising drops and taking drops out neglect...

See also Rattler, Six Flags Cyclone, and, for that matter, Racer.

• Like 3

And for the gentleman who said do not change the trains, I could not possibly disagree more. So far, those poor PTC's have had the flip down bars removed, individually ratcheting orange restraints added (and installed lower than in any other park I've ever been to, bar none), seat belts added, seat dividers added, head rests added, the fronts changed, the braking system changed, and, worst of all, hard urethane foam and vinyl installed, replacing the original luxe padding and leather the trains came with. John Allen would cry.

If the PTC's disappeared tomorrow, replaced with GCII Millennium Flyer trains, I'd be ecstatic. They track better, ride better, articulate better, are easier to maintain, and are far more comfortable.

• Like 13

And for the gentleman who said do not change the trains, I could not possibly disagree more. So far, those poor PTC's have had the flip down bars removed, individually ratcheting orange restraints added (and installed lower than in any other park I've ever been to, bar none), seat belts added, seat dividers added, head rests added, the fronts changed, the braking system changed, and, worst of all, hard urethane foam and vinyl installed, replacing the original luxe padding and leather the trains came with. John Allen would cry.

If the PTC's disappeared tomorrow, replaced with GCII Millennium Flyer trains, I'd be ecstatic. They track better, ride better, articulate better, are easier to maintain, and are far more comfortable.

A-M-E-N to that!

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 7

I agree with you(Sorry I just noticed you responded!  :) ) TrOy. I have to cross my legs every time I ride either The Beast or The Racer because they do not at all give almost any space on the right or left side of the train for your legs.. I wish they would change that somehow.

• Like 4

It's not very accommodating to male riders as the bars push your legs together. I haven't had any pain caused from it, but it makes me nervous how likely it is to hit the lap bar on airtime hills.. luckily there isn't much airtime on KI woodies, unfortunately..

(Racer has virtually no airtime in the 2nd half, there's 5 spots out of what could've been 9. Not bad, but not much.)

• Like 4

Id honestly like to see a GCI the likes of Prowler at the park.  I feel they could work it into an X-Base expansion, and unless the park could guarantee a Giga thats as good as Fury 325, the fast, twisty GCI would be the better idea.  The park doesnt need a 100ft taller version of Diamondback.

• Like 3

Gonna say this again the B&M Giga coasters are NOT just larger hypers. They use over banked turns and the speed to ramp up the intensity, while they feature some airtime hills that does not make them the same experience. A giga is still the biggest ROI in a coaster IMO.

Also How would you be able to work a flight theme with a wooden coaster?

• Like 2