Which coaster do you want to come next.

Beasttamer

Gonna say this again the B&M Giga coasters are NOT just larger hypers. They use over banked turns and the speed to ramp up the intensity, while they feature some airtime hills that does not make them the same experience. A giga is still the biggest ROI in a coaster IMO.

Also How would you be able to work a flight theme with a wooden coaster?

And as I said, I thought very clearly, UNLESS its as good as Fury 325 (so, yes I know what a B&M Giga is and can do/does).  THAT is what I meant when I said "KI does not need a 100ft taller version of Diamondback".  In other words, since further explanation is needed, I dont wish to see a faster version of a snore-machine.  As for the rest, I think Terpy covered that part pretty well.

Edit: Since I have no desire to see this opinion thread turned into yet another debate thread, I will re-iterate that... like I said in my post in the first place.... Id really like to see a terrain hugging twisty GCI similar to Prowler.

Sparky, saying bye-bye to yet another thread.

• Like 3

I like The Beast the way it is. Me and my family have great family ties with The Beast. I would rather Kings Island build something from the ground up like I said on Page 2. Plus It's an Ace landmark with a long history. Yes Thunder road was destroyed, but maybe someday, they'll build a newer version of it. How come Intamin hasn't built more wooden roller coasters like El Toro? That could be something that could be done in the future.

• Like 1

Cedar Point will have 4 coasters over 200 foot tall in 2016. Kings Island will have 1.

Let that sink in.

So, I guess that Wicked yellow coaster by the lake doesn't count? :P

Correction: Cedar Point will have 5 coasters in 2016 that are over 200 foot tall, and Kings Island will have 1. Now yall take a moment and let that sink in.

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Kings Island needs a giga or anything that is over 200 it needs a better collection of coaster's

Well problem is we have a coaster higher than 200ft, in fact about 30ft higher. A giga would be nice, but after reading the interview with Mr. Ouimet and how they are wanting to shape the parks to what they are known for; my money is on a woodie/hybrid. Either a GCI or if we are lucky; the first RMC in the chain.
  • Like 3

I think it is possible that we get a nice woodie my money would be on GCI, but to me a 50th anniversary woodie just sounds so much better imo.

I personally would love to see a B&M giga or an attempt of a blitz coaster. I think a fast, high intensity ride that uses the speed and over banked turns would compliment our line up very well. Diamondback is filled with floater airtime and anything like Fury would have a nice intense ride that has a surprising amount of ejector airtime. 

Now I think on the wood manufacturer I think GCI is the go to for CF. They are fixing GhostRider and are rumored to be fixing Hurler at KD. GCI is also the manufacturer of the last 3 wooden coasters for Cedar Fairs. Not to mention they are the company that gives The Beast it's TLC and have done amazing things with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to say I want an RMC.  But it is not that simple, I want a ride like Twisted Colossus.  I would love to see a mobius loop track layout.  The ride is pretty good if it is just your train, but it is almost magical when you have another train beside, above, and below you.  There is a section of track where you are upside down climbing above the other train.  You can feel the train slowing down in the stall and looking down you can watch the other train below you.

I would also like to see an LSM Launch coaster from Intamin.  But I do not want something like Maverick I want something closer to Cheetah Hunt.  The transitions on Maverick are just too sharp and I head bang on it too much.  Although I never made it to Cedar Point last year and I do understand they got new restraints which are a huge improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

What I think Cedar Fair will build at Kings Island (in no particular order):

- A RMC coaster in the RiverTown section; Cedar Fair will probably make this one as big or bigger than the one at Six Flags Great America (Goliath).

- A Giga coaster that goes out towards the waterpark from RiverTown (being placed at the Log Flume sight). This makes more sense than the rumored Giga going out towards the park entrance (where's the space for that? exactly).

- An indoor coaster similar to the one at Canada's Wonderland. I'm guessing the ride would go well at X Base or replace an existing building (like the Tomb Raider complex).

- A watercoaster in the waterpark (these are commonplace now).

What I personally wish they would build (also, in no order):

- RMC conversion of The Racer (similar to the one at Magic Mountain)

- A Dive-Drop from B&M at the front of the park (tear down Invertigo); the coaster could interact with a new park entrance.

- An Intamin Steel Coaster that is like Maverick but bigger.

- An Intamin Woodie like El Toro but add in the now-infamous Vertical Loop & call it Son of The Beast. The ride would be a huge hit!

It would be easier to just make a walk way underneath in between The Bat and Banshee that would go around and connect to X-Base. It would be much easier and better way to expand the park. It would make less bottlenecking and more area for flat rides/rollercoasters.

First issue: Terrain

Second issue: That would be an awfully long path that would require an unrealistic amount of expense to populate with sufficient rides, facilities, games, food stands, etc.

True, maybe they don't connect but that is a much more logical then building an RMC coaster over top Banshee track and using an old SOB station. Neither of our options are likely ever going to happen. I would much rather see a long path that doesn't have much going on for a while then a coaster on top of another coaster.

I don't think either is going to happen btw, I think its more likely we see the DA area be replaced with a coaster. I also think the Crypt building will become a dark ride "coaster" before any massive expansion.

I know this was quoted awhile ago, havent been on here much lately, but....why don't you like coasters on top of another? I think it adds to the thrill, and you can fit more in a park. If done right, it doesnt seem too congested either.