Which coaster do you want to come next.

Beasttamer

I'm not a huge fan of coasters super close to one another, for aesthetic reasons. Some parks build coasters on top of each other and it just looks so messy imo. http://www.aceonline.org/acenewsnow/Files/279/ThemosttwistedTwisterintheworld.jpg is a example of why I think coasters should have some space between them. 

While I admit that it can be done well, most of the times I see 2 large coasters built on top of each other it just looks bad to me. I'm not saying I would dislike a ride because of it, but I would rather see coasters built in open space before they are on top of each other.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

What is everyones opinion on the rumored new GCI Centurion woodie? Also any more ideas on what the falling trees sign could mean? (other than the fact that it is a potential woodie, and they're cutting trees down)

My dream ride would be a Mack multi-launch through the woods, with tight ground hugging elements. I understand the likelihood of that happening is quite low. 

My more realistic idea would be to turn The Crypt/Tomb Raider building into a dark Wild-Mouse ride. Think Kennywood's 'Exterminator' or Hershey's 'Laff Trakk'. 

Pros-

• It would be a fairly cheap investment.
  • They can add another roller coaster to the count.
  • It would be another 48' ride, which is always good for families.
  • KI doesn't have anything like it and is need of another dark or indoor ride. 
  • The theme could be whatever they wanted or needed (kid friendly, scary, river-town, etc.) 

Cons-

• They are not the best at getting people through the line.
  • It doesn't excite the giga crowd.

I know I'd be excited about it. I haven't ridden enough Wild Mice to give a manufacturer preference. Honestly it would probably come down to whoever has a model that could fit into the building. What do you think? 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

There are two coaster types I'd love to see at KI, but I've pretty much reconciled myself to thought that we will likely never get either one:

1.  I know they are dated, but I want another stand-up coaster.

2.  A wing coaster.  I know I should keep dreaming, considering CP has Gatekeeper.

With Gatekeeper at CP, I just don't see KI getting one...certainly not anytime soon.  Look how long it took for us just to get an invert.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought since CF put one at CP, it pretty much meant KI wasn't going to get one due to how close it is to CP.

The percentage of Kings Island's patronage that has even HEARD of Holiday World, much less gone there, is almost certainly below 10.

You may very well be right I have no clue, but then where does HW draw their patrons from? I hear they are marketing heavily in St. Louis and it is about the same distance.

The percentage of Kings Island's patronage that has even HEARD of Holiday World, much less gone there, is almost certainly below 10.

You may very well be right I have no clue, but then where does HW draw their patrons from? I hear they are marketing heavily in St. Louis and it is about the same distance.

Um....maybe Indiana? haha  Are you guys telling me Holiday World doesn't run commercials in Ohio? If they don't they are really dropping the ball. I see commercials all the time here in central Indiana even though it's probably a farther drive to HW than to KI from Noblesville. (just north of Indy)

• Like 1

I'm in the Dayton area, and I have NEVER seen a Holiday World commercial on TV. (Granted, I don't watch much in the way of TV, and I have DirecTV, so "local" commercial breaks don't actually have local ads except on the basic local channels.)

• Like 4

I'd bet my life that's not true. This isn't the 1980's lol, Holiday World is big time. They're probably 4-5 times the size they were just 20 years ago. I do understand that they don't appeal strongly to the Ohio market because of the Kings Island dominance there, but they hit southern Indiana, southern Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, and the St. Louis area hard with advertising. I don't know what percentage of KI's visitors are from Indiana, but 95% of those people have heard of HW for sure, and probably 90% of  their Kentucky and east Missouri visitors have too. 

As far as those alleged wooden coaster "blueprints." Let's say they're legit and Kings Island is for sure getting a GCI woodie for 2017 with that layout. They're making their announcement tomorrow obviously, but in the meantime, does anyone have any guesses as to how big this thing will be? I'm not expecting much in terms of numbers. Thinking 90-100 feet maybe 55 mph tops, under 4,000 feet, maybe under 3,000 idk. But should be relatively smooth and I'm expecting something intense and forceful for its size. 

The announcement of MT is getting me very excited about the future of KI's coaster lineup. MT will be a fantastic addition that will help introduce the next generation of coaster lovers while keeping the current enthusiasts quite entertained. I think it will plug a gaping hole in the coaster experiences KI currently has to offer.

It's hard not to look forward to the next coaster addition. I think the next thing KI needs is a big time ride. Something that eclipses Diamondback (no!) and really grabs the nation's attention. Yes, similar to what happened in Charlotte last year. A giga coaster, from B&M, is surely in our park's future. I think it's only a matter of time.

However my real reason for this post is to share an idea I had today as to where this coaster will go. Bear with me here, but what if Firehawk was removed? It's a pain in the butt to maintain, a pain in the butt to wait in line for, heck the only people it's not a pain in the butt to are the operators because the pace is so relaxing! 

Take out Firehawk and you have a beautiful access point to the expansive clean slate of undeveloped and undulating property between FOF and the Little Miami River. It would also bring a breath of fresh air into Coney Mall, which hasn't seen a new coaster in nearly a decade. Even further, restrooms could potentially be installed into the X-Base cul-de-sac!

• Like 4

And with Mystic Timbers announced, the entire "wood" coaster section of my earlier post can pretty much be eliminated since I don't think Kings Island will get yet another Woodie anytime soon (though looking at it, Mystic Timber isn't as "twisty" as I was expecting and seems much more airtime focused but that is still OK). The steel coasters section remains unchanged though, of course, with a Giga probably being the most likely next coaster- and I do want one, based on how awesome Fury 325 is supposed to be.

• Like 2

I am so excited about Mystic Timbers.  GCI has built some great coasters recently.

For the next coaster project, I am on the Giga bandwagon.  I am a huge giga coaster fan.  Yes, Fury 325 is that good.  4 airtime hills on that coaster are the most intense airtime I have ever experienced on any B&M coaster.  My favorite element is the twist side way airtime dive into the tunnel. I love Leviathan.  I love Intimidator 305.  Millennium Force is the only one that is not on my top 15 steel coasters as far as giga goes.  I am hoping to ride Steel Dragon 2000 someday.  

• Like 4