2016 JOBS at Kings Island

Italian Job 2005

Kings Island is now hiring for the 2016 season!   Help create the #BestDayEver for the park and its guests.  Seasonal employment comes with tons of cool benefits like associate ride nights, discounts, admission perks, and more!

It's interesting to note how much they refer to Cedar Fair in this video.  Could this be the beginning of Cedar Fair implementing corporate branding?

• Like 6

I worked at the park in Food for 5 seasons and Park Services for 3... I highly recommend a job at the park if you are on the fence about it. Park Services was my favorite as you got to walk around the park and it felt like our department was really a big team!  :D I mean, yes it's cool you get to go to the park for free when you are off, but just walking around the park assisting guests was really cool for me. To quote Shia LaBeouf "Just do it!" lol

• Like 6

According to Twitter, all positions will be above minimum wage.

I believe I once read on here that minimum wage pay leads to minimum wage talent and service. It is good to see that they are trying to change that.

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandJobs/status/689483403712827394

It's all about working hard to make people happy. Pay should never matter. Just because you pay someone $100,000 a year doesn't mean they will do good.

• Like 9

According to Twitter, all positions will be above minimum wage.

I believe I once read on here that minimum wage pay leads to minimum wage talent and service. It is good to see that they are trying to change that.

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandJobs/status/689483403712827394

It's all about working hard to make people happy. Pay should never matter. Just because you pay someone $100,000 a year doesn't mean they will do good.

I think that is relative. If the current norm for first jobs is minimum wage and Kings Island, despite such a situation might offer maybe a dollar above minimum or something similar, many employees will appreciate their job a little more.

Exceptions exist nearly everywhere, unfortunately, and fortunately.

That last part was worded very carefully.. almost making it moot.

- Good work isn't a bad way to get a good work environment/ treatment either, I've found.

• Like 5

I want to work at Kings Island so bad! I'm finally 15 but live an hour and 50 minutes away. :(

Well, distance is obviously the primary problem for you; however, I feel the need to inform any readers that 3 years ago, when I was 15, I applied for the 2013 season, but was emailed back to not come for an interview until I turned 16.

• Like 1

The decision to work rides last season at Kings Island was one of the best decisions I've made. It's so much fun. It doesn't even feel like a job. The people are great and there is nothing better than making a guest happy. Unfortunately, as I've posted in the "Kings Island Dreams"  thread, when I go to sleep after a full day of working, I usually sleep-work in the middle of the night...putting my thumb up and saying all clear, and getting self-conscious by the fact I'm wearing pajamas  to work. But that's another story...

So, anyways, to all KIC members who have thought about getting a job at Kings Island: do it! 

• Like 7

The decision to work rides last season at Kings Island was one of the best decisions I've made. It's so much fun. It doesn't even feel like a job. The people are great and there is nothing better than making a guest happy. Unfortunately, as I've posted in the "Kings Island Dreams"  thread, when I go to sleep after a full day of working, I usually sleep-work in the middle of the night...putting my thumb up and saying all clear, and getting self-conscious by the fact I'm wearing pajamas  to work. But that's another story...

So, anyways, to all KIC members who have thought about getting a job at Kings Island: do it! 

I worked Haunt and completely know what you mean. Almost every weekend my dreams would be of me in my room in Urgent Scare, getting endless popscares. I wonder if people on an assembly line have the same issue due to the repetitive motion and muscle memory attributed to the style of the work.

• Like 4

When I was far younger than now, I was a cashier/grill cook at a fast food restaurant, working 60 hour weeks while in high school. I'd often wake up having tried to cook three dozen cheeseburgers or to wait on a particularly obnoxious, demanding customer--in my sleep!

Though I've had literally dozens of positions since, I haven't dreamed about any of them. Odd that.

• Like 3

As a mom of a KI employee, I can say that my daughter working at KI was by far a much more positive experience for her than I could have hoped. She has learned a lot of skills that she will use the rest of her life. She loved going in to work and is actually looking forward to returning this season (she's already accepted a position for the 2016 season.)

My impression of KI actually improved through Princess Sparkles working at KI. Her self esteem increased, the people at her ride invested time in her and truly have made her realize she can do far more than she dreamed.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 12

I want to work at Kings Island so bad! I'm finally 15 but live an hour and 50 minutes away. :(

Well, distance is obviously the primary problem for you; however, I feel the need to inform any readers that 3 years ago, when I was 15, I applied for the 2013 season, but was emailed back to not come for an interview until I turned 16.

What job were you applying for?  Just curious 

What job were you applying for? Just curious
I honestly can't remember for sure, but I believe I selected a sweep as my top choice at that time. I remember thinking it would be the easiest to get into at that age.
  • Like 3

I worked at the park in Food for 5 seasons and Park Services for 3... I highly recommend a job at the park if you are on the fence about it. Park Services was my favorite as you got to walk around the park and it felt like our department was really a big team!  :D I mean, yes it's cool you get to go to the park for free when you are off, but just walking around the park assisting guests was really cool for me. To quote Shia LaBeouf "Just do it!" lol

My first of 21 years working at Kings Island was in 1972 when I was one of  Kings Island Original Employee(s). I was hired as a "litter gitter" which is now sweeps in Park Services.  I agree in that position was the best in the park as we had the entire park as our work area.  I spent the vast majority of my years as a "litter gitter."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I still remember my dream of working on Vortex...I haven't forgotten it since 2010! :rolleyes: In fact, now that I made some new friends there while binge-riding to 300 on Closing Day, it is making me even more excited when I think about it.

But the thing that's keeping me from applying (besides the one hour commute and not having my own set of wheels) is that even though you have to be 16 for rides, the position I've wanted the most is driver, in which you have to be 18. To put that into perspective, I turn 17 on the 25th of this month. Plus, I don't know exactly what my parents would like me to do yet in terms of employment, but they probably wouldn't be the most enthusiastic about my job being an hour away. I know it will be well worth it when I get a job at Kings Island; I just don't know when the right time for me will be.

• Like 2

Worth noting is more than 75 percent of the people who hold full-time positions in the industry began their career as a seasonal associate. It's a great industry comprised of great opportunity for those who want to be a part of it. 

That's awesome.  Where is that statistic from, Don?

I knew someone who also ran into this issue.  He received an email that claimed "Your application will be held on file for the rest of 2014, and you will be contacted if a position becomes available."  He turned 15 1/2 in April, and applied in February. 

• Like 3