2015 KIC Off Season Poll Series Week XII: Best Food at Kings Island

BB1

First off let me begin with a sorrowful sorry for this being late as this week has been indeed a whirlwind with new things. With the recent demise of the ye olde Funnel Cake Stand we saw a bit of RiverTown history leave yet again for another game. This, following the same motions as what Kings Island did back in the mid 2000's as they took out the Flying Eagles for The Italian Stunt Job and for the most part another Basketball game, made me think about food as itself in the park. Kings Island for decades has been a cornucopia of interesting food history, dating back with various flares and various foods coming into the park. But which stand had the best food at Kings Island? For this poll, feel free to take any time period of Kings Island's colorful (or bland depending on the reader) food history with any previous or existing stand. 

For me personally I have to say the original Outback Shack in Boomerang Bay. It's one thing to have a food stand, it is another to have it with high theme and with a great Pizza like Larosa's. Something about the old stand had a sense of awe for me as the way the food was handed out under tropical boats with the side bar having extensive Australian theming. It was something that really you just cannot replicate, and something that I think the new stand has lost. It's that sense of immersion through the depths of various tropical/Australian theming with the combination of great food (with some having names fitting the Australian mood). Which really when it comes down to it yeah it's only a few facades and decorations here and there, but that is also how you deliver food. I can go to a bland Izzy's and get a reuben or I could go to the Hoffbrauhaus with deep German theme and get a reuben there. 

• Like 4

I miss the ribs and chicken cooking over barbecue grates in Rivertown, the Montgomery Inn ribs with tossed salad and house made blue cheese dressing in the International Street Restaurant (and the service and the views), the European Bakery and its fresh baked goodies, and LaRosa's Pizza years ago--back when it was actually good and a single slice was bigger than two are now.

• Like 7

Just remember Rudyza, there is also an amazing Skyline in Mason adjacent to The Beach Waterpark which hosts The Beach Mountain during this time of year. They have a neat train that goes through the main dining area with a great view of the Kings Island Skyline from the far side of the restaurant as well!

Welcome to KIC!

• Like 4

Just remember Rudyza, there is also an amazing Skyline in Mason adjacent to The Beach Waterpark which hosts The Beach Mountain during this time of year. They have a neat train that goes through the main dining area with a great view of the Kings Island Skyline from the far side of the restaurant as well!

Welcome to KIC!

I love going to that skyline! We would always go there after we got off work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 2