Coasting for Kids 2016

Oldschool75

Good news, the event is still happening

Hi Brian,

We are currently working to set the date and locations for Coasting For Kids 2016. As soon as we have things set, we will be sure to let everyone know!

Thank you, and we look forward to another great year coasting together!

Best,

Kaylee

Kaylee Rodriguez

Manager, Development

Give Kids The World Village

210 South Bass Road

Kissimmee, Florida 34746

P/ 407 396 1114 ext. 4540

F/ 407 396 1207

kayleer@gktw.org | givekidstheworld.org

Give Kids The World Village is a 70-acre, non-profit resort in Central Florida that creates magical memories for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.

Date: January 19, 2016 at 6:23:15 AM EST

To: KayleeR@gktw.org

Subject: C4K2016

Hi Kaylee,

Hope all is going well. Happy New Year. I was just writing to see if you had an ETA of when the C4K2016 information will be released. Had fun raising money last with C4K and the Thunderbird First ride @ Holiday World last year. Looking forward to fundraising in 2016.

Thank you

Brian Lamm

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I emailed Kaylee from GKTW. Here is the response.

Good Afternoon, Brian!

Not sure if you knew that Kaylee’s last day at Give Kids The World was on Friday.

While I’m sure she will be back to volunteer from time to time she has left to

pursue a lifelong dream. Once we have a replacement for that position we will

be in touch to update you on the Coasting For Kids program and any updates

that will be taking place this year. Thank you for continuing to support Give Kids

The World and the very special children we serve. Have a wonderful day . . . Karen

Karen Cook

Sr. Director, Corporate Advancement

Give Kids The World

210 South Bass Road

Kissimmee, FL 34746

P/ 407.396.1114 x 4243

F/407.396.1207

Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 11:40 AM

To: Kaylee Rodriguez

Subject: Re: C4K2016

Hi Kaylee,

I am now hearing that Cedar Fair is not hosting Coasting for Kids this year? Can you please confirm if this is true. Myself and others who raise money for this event are puzzled, by apparent social media blogs stating the even is not happening this year. If not, why? Was it a Cedar Fair decision, or GKTW?

Thank you

Brian Lamm

• Like 3

From Jeff Putz @ pointbuzz

Well, I was hoping to hold on to this until there was more of a story to tell, but...

Cedar Fair's relationship with GKTW is changing. The company will not host Coasting For Kids this year, and is instead taking on an exciting new reunion event for the village at a number of its parks. Cedar Fair's participation has helped raise more than $600,000 since 2009, and we're grateful for their leadership in getting the event off the ground. Their new role will provide closer interaction with wish families, and of course they will continue to participate in the Village's Passport program.

That means that this year's event will take place at different parks, with the potential to go global. One park has already committed, and we're having discussions to do more. The most exciting change is that this will no longer be a one-day event.

In other words... stay tuned!

• Like 4

I'm not sure of Jeff Putz's relationship with GKTW. The post is in the first person, so I'm not sure if he's directly involved with them down there or if he was just quoting someone else.

Regardless, I haven't been able to procure any real information on future plans for this except what is written above: stay tuned...

• Like 4

I honestly don't look for Coasting For Kids to return to the park any time soon. I also don't believe it was cancelled due to Kaylee leaving...events like these take planning and I'm sure planning was well underway after 2015's Coasting For Kids concluded. I'm positive that they left the event on the drawing board when another event has been proposed or the decision was made to not continue.

• 2 weeks later...

This is heart breaking!! Would have been my 4th year and had hoped to make it my best yet!! GKTW holds a special place in my heart as I was introduced to it by my step mom when I was 14. Never was inside the walls but saw it first hand from the outside. Never forgot. Very disappointed by this news. Over the years I have met 4 families that have been touched by GKTW and just as recently as 3 weeks ago we had a brave young man visit from Cincinnati fighting brain cancer. Is there anything we can maybe do on our own to keep this tradition alive for this great charity?? With fast passes we could cover a lot of ground on a Sunday afternoon! Lets put our heads together!! Ideas?? I would love to help organize. Lets show them we still care and want this event to continue! Even if it has to be independent.  

• Like 1

Someone of importance mentioned when asked about Coasting For Kids that the event wouldn't be back but there more than likely would be an event later in the year that is more of a "reunion" type event that till will benefit GKTW but that's just for Cedar Point. The person said that the other parks may hold separate events later this year too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...