Cedar Point VR

^ Agreed. Also if they decided to do Cedar Creek Mine Ride- that just SO doesn't fit with the theme of the area. :/

Plus I don't like the restrains on CCMR, I don't ride it because of them. I enjoy AE at KI and will ride it anytime.
Ditto. I'm not a huge guy -- about 6' 190 lbs. -- yet CCMR is wildly uncomfortable for me, but I fit in AE's seats just fine.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

They really need to stop hyping this until they decide on a bloody pricepoint... A lot of things seem like a great idea until you get the sticker shock of what they want you to pay...

And I take issue with the review of the VR on Thunder Run that they quote in the article... They say 'VR breathed new life into this old coaster'... Thunder Run doesn't NEED new life... It's doing perfectly well in it's current life: Providing great entertainment for younger park-goers (or those who aren't into the more thrilling rides) and their families... It's got a 40 inch height requirement (tied for 2nd lowest among coasters at the park with Ghoster Coaster, Taxi Jam being lowest at 36"), if you look at the queue it is largely made up families with small children, and they aren't sending the train with empty seats... If the reviewer wants 'new life' maybe they should tell that park to look at installing a coaster with an inversions that doesn't suck moose nuts...

• Like 6

^ Agreed. Also if they decided to do Cedar Creek Mine Ride- that just SO doesn't fit with the theme of the area. :/

Plus I don't like the restrains on CCMR, I don't ride it because of them. I enjoy AE at KI and will ride it anytime.

Last year my friend (Airtimeiskey) on KIC, we were at Cedar Point, on Mineride back row, and we are 6ft plus people coming into this tiny train, they staple us in, our legs are in pain, they were about 30 secs from dispatching the train, we ask to raise our restraint, the ride op gives us a heavy sigh over the mic. Sorry for the off topic but seeing so many complaints about Mineride's restraints I had to share it!

• Like 3

I ride rides to ride ride. Not to stare at a TV screen showing a CG world when I can view the world at 2XX feet in the air.

Another good point. I can use Google Cardboard and my cell phone to ride CG coasters in my home and not spend more than $10 in materials and an app. I drive 2 hours to KI or 5.5 hrs for CP to do things I can't do in my living room.

I guess an argument can be made what about CG while on a coaster, but I don't need a virtual alternative to enjoy coasters.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 8