New show: Hollywood Nights?

malem

Kings Island's events page on visitkingsisland.com was recently updated. The description of Opening Day includes the name of a new show set to premiere that day - Hollywood Nights. (With a y and in Mason, not Santa Claus.)

SAVE THE DATE! Kings Island opens for its 45th season Saturday, April 16. Challenge the world's longest wooden (The Beast) and longest steel inverted (Banshee) roller coasters. Take a spin on the Grand Carousel celebrating its 90th anniversary this year. Spend the day with your kids in Planet Snoopy. Be among the first to see our new stage show, Hollywood Nights. Make plans now to be part of all the fun and excitement of Opening Day!

• Like 7

There was website dedicated to Kings Island entertainment . . outside the Cedar Fair websites.  It had up to date stories and cast member information, etc..

For anyone who knows it will you post the link here again?  I know I got it from KIC but have since lost my URL link.  Thank you.

There was website dedicated to Kings Island entertainment . . outside the Cedar Fair websites.  It had up to date stories and cast member information, etc..

For anyone who knows it will you post the link here again?  I know I got it from KIC but have since lost my URL link.  Thank you.

fansofkientertainment.com used to be one. It has since been unused and I believe closed because I cannot access a site under its address.

When it was up it would review the KI shows and look at the individual performers. (Even write about the shows in anticipation before they opened up) There is still a Fans of KI Entertainment Facebook page but not as extensively updated as the website once was, even a little bit.

https://www.facebook.com/fansofkientertainment/timeline

• Like 2

Kirk was the guy who ran that.  I think for the last few months or so of his page being up it said to check him out on the Kings Island official blog.  He's their unofficial guest entertainment blogger there with the CP Food Blog folks doing the blogging about food and food events.  Both have done a great job!  

• Like 5

I'm not going to lie, at first i thought that this was a new show for Holiday World. I'm glad to see a change up in what they offer and it's healthy to do so. Meanwhile don't look for me to flock to the bandstand as i honestly never care about the live entertainment. I have only sat down once for the Ed Alonzo show but that was mainly for a friend of mine.

• Like 1

Kirk was the guy who ran that.  I think for the last few months or so of his page being up it said to check him out on the Kings Island official blog.  He's their unofficial guest entertainment blogger there with the CP Food Blog folks doing the blogging about food and food events.  Both have done a great job!  

Thanks, Ryan.  I decided not to renew the domain for the site once I started writing for the park's official blog.  Hopefully we'll have even more Entertainment features there this season.  I've also been very busy covering the local theatre scene on my blog, The Sappy Critic.

All I've been told so far is that HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS will be in the Festhaus (along with the returning LET IT ROCK!) and that it will feature songs from the movies.  I'm looking forward to seeing it!

• Like 6