Kings Island Better Than Cedar Point?

Beasttamer

Now that I have visited Cedar Point this past summer.

I am going to give a very good opinion about this.

While yes, Kings Island has a good set of rides, world records, and history to it. Cedar Point still betters Kings Island. There are just so many more things at Cedar Point that shows more amusement park history than at Kings Island. What is Kings Island historically known for? opening the golden age of roller coasters in '72 with The Racers, and also having the longest wooden coaster in the world, as well as the first successful attempt at a Wooden loop? Sure. Alright. I'll give you those.

Cedar Point however, has shattered the height barrier 3 times (200+ 300+ and even 400+) Not only that it holds so many more records now like the tallest loop. and even the most world famous rides that everyone knows about, such as Corkscrew. Everybody knows Corkscrew...

But as said, this is my opinion. I think Cedar Point is better than Kings Island. (Other than the Employee aspect of the park...)

I only went two days compared to going to Kings Island countless times, but Cedar Point was much better. The flat ride collection was better, the midways felt more open and better looking, better coasters, etc. I love KI so much because of how it's personally connected to me but I cannot deny on a objective level, CP is just a better park. The ride ops (when I went) were absolutely fantastic and booking it even though Maverick was the only coaster with a line longer than 5 minutes (I literally walked onto a back row ride on Dragster). They seemed extremely energetic and have a lot of fun doing what they do, the people at Millennium Force were just contagious, it just got you pumped for the ride (not to mention the lighting and epic soundtrack). 

• Like 2

Cedar Point:

• Rides
  • Record breaking, timeless, world class rides
  • Atmosphere
  • Perfect hotel/ammenities
  • Beach
  • Food
  • Live Entertainment

Kings Island

• Racer
  • Banshee
  • Beast
  • I Street nostalgia 
  • Eiffel Tower
  • Closer park for me

I will gladly take the four hour drive to have a weekend at Cedar Point anyday. I always have a perfect weekend if the Point is involved

• Like 2

I only went two days compared to going to Kings Island countless times, but Cedar Point was much better. The flat ride collection was better, the midways felt more open and better looking, better coasters, etc. I love KI so much because of how it's personally connected to me but I cannot deny on a objective level, CP is just a better park. The ride ops (when I went) were absolutely fantastic and booking it even though Maverick was the only coaster with a line longer than 5 minutes (I literally walked onto a back row ride on Dragster). They seemed extremely energetic and have a lot of fun doing what they do, the people at Millennium Force were just contagious, it just got you pumped for the ride (not to mention the lighting and epic soundtrack). 

I am sorry, but my one and only trip to CP last year during Coaster Mania made me not want to visit any more that season. Those are the days they should be at the top of their game, for they know we notice things the GP will not. Ride Ops at KI run circles around CP's and are way more professional. At least that was my observation those days. Quite honestly, I have had better ride ops at a county carnival. At Gatekeeper a ride op told my son to throw away his drink entering the line (not sure the reason it was just water), decided to measure him even though he had a height wristband on and was 4 inches taller than he needed to be to ride GK anyway. Any ride op that has been in that job for a few weeks would have been able to look at him and know he meet the height requirement without having a wristband or using the height stick. After getting off, that same ride op was sword fighting with another ride op with his height checker stick at the entrance to GK.  How inviting!!

At Tiki Twirl (Calypso) there was only 1 ride op and she spent 7 to 9 minutes loading and unloading the ride when it should take 5 minutes, all for a 45 second ride cycle. If it takes 1 ride op that long to get a ride loaded/unloaded, then it needs a second person to operate! That is another thing I don't like about CP's flats. The ride cycles are a lot shorter than KI's. If you do have a flat that takes 5 to 7 minutes to load you should get a decant cycle to go along with it.

CP has a great ride line up I will give them that, but if you spend 30 minutes to ride a flat, spend 8 minutes waiting on the ride to start its cycle, it sort of starts to loose its appeal. At most coasters the ride ops were on it and provided a great time, but the flats seem to be an afterthought at CP.

• Like 3