Project 2017?

Oldschool75

So I know this was buried in another thread. I thought I would give it it's own thread (that it deserves).
Since Malem posted it originally, I just copied his original post.

And the teasers begin; it looks like Kings Island could be getting more than a new game. From Greg Scheid via Twitter:

Always good news when Rob visits with blueprints! #greatnewsforthefuture

CZAxJTPWYAE-oHd.jpg

Photo: Greg Scheid / Kings Island via Twitter: https://twitter.com/KIGMGREG/status/689104785421787137

For those of you who don't know who Rob is, I would suggest watching the first :35 of this video. Something BIG is in the works I'm sure!

• Like 9

It would be cool If they used the woods and incorporated a wooden roller coaster similar to Outlaw run somewhere in the park. Maybe this time, they'll be able to create a loop like they tried to do with SOB.

A woodie would be awesome for Ki, I personally really want a GCI woodie
  • Like 6

I have been looking at Google Earth a lot. With moving the funnel cake building and moving the WWC entrance it opens up a pretty sizable space. a couple of flat rides and even a roller coaster could fit in their if they used the land wisely. And best of all, they could do that without tearing down the train or affecting some of the other rides. I already cannot wait to see what is in store for KI this year and next year.

• Like 2

Definitely think there is more coming than just a Soccer game to Rivertown with all the work they are doing. Not sure how much of it will be major new attractions or not but think we could definitely see a big overhaul of Rivertown for the 45h Anniversary.

• Like 3

Lets not forget Mr. Scheide also teased something for 2017 when they announced Tropical Plunge.  I think the quote was something like "making sure not to speak about the 2017 rii....attraction.".

KI is very good at teasing stuff without completely giving away what they are building.

I think it is very much so a roller coaster considering 2017 will be the 45th anniversary year. They are fixing up the toll gates just like Carowinds did, and Don was heavily involved in Fury's construction and opening week. Personally I would love to see a giga hit the park and then the next coaster, potentially a 50th anniversary, be a big woodie that brings KI back to its roots and starts us off for the next 50 years. Either way I trust KI to give us something great and thats all we can ask for.

• Like 13

Then what do you think these blueprints are for then......maybe a triotech dark ride? They certainly wouldn't be teasing something for 2018 this early. My other big want is a multi launch whether that be an Intamin or a Mack but I think that will be saved until Vortex is removed.

• Like 1

Lets not forget Mr. Scheide also teased something for 2017 when they announced Tropical Plunge.  I think the quote was something like "making sure not to speak about the 2017 rii....attraction.".

KI is very good at teasing stuff without completely giving away what they are building.

I think it is very much so a roller coaster considering 2017 will be the 45th anniversary year. They are fixing up the toll gates just like Carowinds did, and Don was heavily involved in Fury's construction and opening week. Personally I would love to see a giga hit the park and then the next coaster, potentially a 50th anniversary, be a big woodie that brings KI back to its roots and starts us off for the next 50 years. Either way I trust KI to give us something great and thats all we can ask for.

Honestly, I don't think they'd been building a giga so close to Diamondback; but maybe I'm wrong. I'm also sort-of crushed that WWC's queue will be different but the new Tombstone entrance did pique my interest (I told myself I'd go through it next Haunt... looks like I won't have to wait as long to explore the new path!  ^_^)

• Like 7

After riding Gatekeeper and seeing how amazing it is, I would love to see KI get a wing coaster.

No matter what though, I hope whatever they build, they don't take out too many trees.

i personally really don't like Gatekeeper, I personally find it forceless, but if they were to go Thunderbird or X-Flight style that would be great! 

• Like 6

How do we know Don was heavily involved in Fury's construction?

• Like 2

Don was tweeting pictures of Fury's entrance involvement and other parts of the construction. I'm not saying he had anything to do with Fury....but he could have been looking at it with KI in mind. Mr. Scheide was also hinting things at Coasterstock last year, Mentioned Goldstriker and Thunderbird.

Rob Decker in that video did say he works on the 5 year plans. Maybe we are thinking to far ahead and Rivertown gets a new flat ride. Its would be 6 years since WindSeeker.

• Like 4