Project 2017?

Oldschool75

You're a funny guy.

The Beast leaving? That would absolutely positively, never happen! It's such a popular ride, and not only that. But they don't have a real reason to get rid of it. It's not rough, it won't injure anyone unless they do it on purpose. 

• Like 5

You're a funny guy.

The Beast leaving? That would absolutely positively, never happen! It's such a popular ride, and not only that. But they don't have a real reason to get rid of it. It's not rough, it won't injure anyone unless they do it on purpose.

Carowinds fans believe prior to 2015 that Thunder Road would always be there....

All that is left is 6 pieces of wood, two posts and four pieces of wood around one of the post.

• Like 8

New paint or stain is also not an indicator of the likelihood of the ride being removed.

I'm sure others can provide examples of rides being removed shortly after receiving fresh paint; I know such examples have been posted here before.

• Like 6

I was able to ride that ride a couple times on visits to Carowinds.  The rest of the park had near walk on lines, and that ride had like a thirty minute wait.  It was a unique concept (and the opportunity to dump water from the car on spectators on the ground provided a unique element), but the capacity as The Interpreter pointed out, was awful.  I believe Hersheypark had a similar model, which also has since been removed.  I believe the rides were manufactured/designed by Setpoint.

• Like 3

New paint or stain is also not an indicator of the likelihood of the ride being removed.

I'm sure others can provide examples of rides being removed shortly after receiving fresh paint; I know such examples have been posted here before.

Yep...Thunder Road. Lol

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 2

Just thought it was funny that a link that is supposed to go to KI, instead redirects to the webcam of the one wood coaster in Cedar Fair getting completely retracked.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

Goldstricker isn't being completely retracked?

You must be thinking of Ghost Rider at Knott's Berry Farm.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone NOT SEE the land clearing on the Banshee webcam? top right corner? I strongly feel that we're getting a new coaster this year. A Giga, and the station and everything will go back where the Dino's are now and the layout will run out and back behind FOF and Firehawk.

I got money on this.

banshee.jpgAlso this is my first time in the KIC Forums!

• Like 5

The land back there has been cleared for a long time except for some dirt piles that could have been used for a number of different projects this year. I'm not saying that it isn't possible we get a giga coaster just not likely imo. KI has recently teased that they have a open space now that the Funnel Cake stand has been moved. If we are getting a coaster in 2017 I personally don't know if it is that large or an investment maybe more like $15 Million imo. That large of investment would probably come closer to 2018 or 2019. 

More recently I think 2017 is either a dark ride, possibly a "coaster", or a flat ride where the funnel cake stand was.

• Like 7

^^That's what I was thinking. Maybe one of the SkyHawk flat rides that are going to Canada's Wonderland this year could fit in that space. It would be a great addition in my opinion, too. But my only complaint about that type of ride in that spot is that it wouldn't match the Rivertown theme.

• Like 2

Does anyone NOT SEE the land clearing on the Banshee webcam? top right corner? I strongly feel that we're getting a new coaster this year. A Giga, and the station and everything will go back where the Dino's are now and the layout will run out and back behind FOF and Firehawk.

I got money on this.

banshee.jpgAlso this is my first time in the KIC Forums!

Aye Yai Yai

c949c2b1f5e91a1088c315478ba8a245.jpg

• Like 5

I think that a Giga could be a possibility, anything is possible! And to whomever thinks that we cannot add another roller coaster 3 years after one, that is absolutely ludicrous. Trends in the past do not indicate trends in the future. Look at Cedar Point! They waited 6 years between Maverick and Gatekeeper but only 3 between Valravn and Gatekeeper, does not indicate a trend.

ROI is a big question though, but I believe an investment could be worth it as the ridership numbers last year told me that attendance dropped slightly last year. 

I do need to see more evidence and land clearing before I jump on the Giga bandwagon though, however that does not mean I rule it out for next year and beyond yet. 

Welcome to KIC Drummermattk! You will learn to love this place no matter how much it can make you think otherwise. :)

Its his first post, cut him a little slack, it took us all sometime to get used to KIC. 

• Like 9