Project 2017?

Oldschool75

First, ridership numbers... at least if we are talking about "X ride carried Y amount of people on it in a year"... cannot be used as an accurate correlation to attendance numbers.  There are too many variables, from non-riders at the park, to how many multiple rides any given patron takes on any given ride.  Second, there is no guarantee a given new ride will bring enough new riders to create a favorable ROI.  Example, my opinion is that Valravn could be built at the bottom of Lake Erie, and Id ride it just as often.  Finally... and this statement is truly not meant to come off as condescending, but a genuine desire as to your thoughts.... bring up a Google Earth image of the park, and tell me how you think the park would get people back to that area of land to the new anything.... giga or non-giga.  Im truly having a hard time seeing a feasible path.

• Like 4

I think it can be very feasible if they had the money and the intiative and what I meant by rideship was year over year change of the numbers, all of the top ten rides ridden by guests at KI declined in ridership...

Here is your Google Earth image. :)

GORJ_zpskpzz89up.jpg

Dinos Alive could be ripped out and replaced by the station area for the new giga or the SOB station could be used as the starting point for a giga that would go over Banshee somehow.

• Like 3

I think it can be very feasible if they had the money and the intiative and what I meant by rideship was year over year change of the numbers, all of the top ten rides ridden by guests at KI declined in ridership...

GORJ_zpskpzz89up.jpg

Dinos Alive could be ripped out and replaced by the station area for the new giga or the SOB station could be used as the starting point for a giga that would go over Banshee somehow.

I think the most realistic location for a giga would be with the station being where dinos is right now.  There doesn't look to be enough space in the blue location, and even if there was, I don't think they'd want to ruin the wooded area around Rivertown.  That's just my opinion though.

• Like 2

GORJ_zpskpzz89up.jpg

I think the most realistic location for a giga would be with the station being where dinos is right now. There doesn't look to be enough space in the blue location, and even if there was, I don't think they'd want to ruin the wooded area around Rivertown. That's just my opinion though.
That is just for a possible expansion for anything. The giga could not fit their. :)
  • Like 2

Again I say, ridership isnt an accurate representation of attendance.  If it were, the parks wouldnt so happily release those numbers.  Attendance figures are kept vague at best for a reason.  Now, in regards to the maps, thank you for showing those and giving your thoughts.  The next time you go to the park, take a ride to the top of the Tower, and either use the viewers provided, or bring a camera with a good zoom lens.  Take a look at the topography of the land, as well as the number of items that must be moved to put your plan into action.  Take those findings, and place them into an ROI equation, as well as what it will take to create a safe passageway to those areas with the topography also taken into account.  Once you have done that, I am betting that you will find only the area in blue still in the realistically feasible category.  I could possibly be incorrect, and will do further research on my own, but from what my memory is putting in my head from what I have seen from multiple angles of the locations, I dont believe I am.

• Like 2

Pardon the double post.... I just wanted to make fully known that I am not anti-giga, at least if it provides a truly good ride like Fury, Im just A)playing Devil's Advocate in a way and B)hoping to show people each and every angle to look at other than just wishes, hopes, and dreams.  Also, remember that Kings Island is not, and never was/never will be intended to be Cedar Point South, no matter how much some would possiibly want that.

• Like 6

HawkHawk, BirdHawk, IronHawk, GoldHawk? :):P

And I think that the blue shaded area in my Google Earth and the Red one if worked right, its semi-feasible at best.... and as I said earlier, I will not jump on the Giga Bandwagon until there is sufficent evidence, I learned that the hard way with Banshees Construction. I am glad we were able to engage in a discourse with no argument! I like it that way. :)

• Like 1

HawkHawk, BirdHawk, IronHawk, GoldHawk? :):P

And I think that the blue shaded area in my Google Earth and the Red one if worked right, its semi-feasible at best.... and as I said earlier, I will not jump on the Giga Bandwagon until there is sufficent evidence, I learned that the hard way with Banshees Construction. I am glad we were able to engage in a discourse with no argument! I like it that way. :)

Casting my vote for 'Hawky McBirdface'...

• Like 13

A Diversion? Post by Terp noted. :)

I will cast my vote for that name too! :P

StrataHawk? :P Though that might make us look like Americas RollerCoast South. I look forward to whatever KI has up their sleeve and the PR campaigns for anything can drive us crazy, in a good way. Last years Tropical Plunge PR campaign was truly diversionary. Hopefully this one will be even more so!

• Like 2