Project 2017?

Oldschool75

I agree with screamscape on one thing, a giga is on the way, at least I think, but I'm wondering if there is a way they can put a giga near the entrance without removing the entrance building, maybe widening the plaza, new season pass processing, ticket area, but remodeling the entrance, and reopening the Istreet Restaurant would be great!   

• Like 2

I agree about a giga likely not, and not needing to, interact with the front gate. There is a lot of stuff that's kind of in the way of it. It would be possible but would taek a lot of work and not really needed. The entrance could be spruced up but the overall design is good as is and wouldn't want it to change too much. Think something over behind Banshee would be the best spot for it.

I don't like the idea of a coaster going over the front gate because to me that would cheapen the overall entrance. Kings Island was never supposed to be just an amusement park. I know that the original intentions of the park have kind of gone out the window, (Largely facilitated by changing markets and the introduction of the season pass), but I'd still like to keep the entrance area true to the original intention of the park.

I'd also toss out a possible compromise in putting the interaction point in front of the gate, (in the area between the parking lot and the gate), while maintaining the beautiful look of International Street inside the park. :)

• Like 3

I agree with screamscape on one thing, a giga is on the way, at least I think, but I'm wondering if there is a way they can put a giga near the entrance without removing the entrance building, maybe widening the plaza, new season pass processing, ticket area, but remodeling the entrance, and reopening the Istreet Restaurant would be great!   

Don't forget the front plaza has been updated and improved recently. Remember those beautiful metal detectors? The plaza has also been refreshed in the recent years, including the walk up to it. The entrance building needs a refresh though. It needs to not be covered in shingles and if it needs to be, they need to be updated to not look like something that belongs in the woods.

There is away they could put the giga near the entrance without removing the entrance building, but it's highly unlikely that it'll happen. 

• Like 2

I doubt this is coming to us. There are so many coasters that use this track and the fact that this plant ships all around the world just makes the chances slim.

No more slim than the chances of the track going to any other given park.

• Like 9

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for that track to be coming to KI. Since no site work has been done, no footers poured, etc. That means they'd be tying up the parking lot for track storage most of the summer. 

Not happening. 

But on location, I think the X Base/DA area makes more sense for a giga. You have Banshee in the front left and Diamondback front/middle right as big crowd draws. I think you want to disperse the crowds more and spread them across the park. 

• Like 4

Exactly I think this is going to be the Happy Valley wing coaster.

The rumor is that we are getting a giga coaster...... I personally would love to here what the theme would be. If it is considered part of X-base you have a ton of options. If it uses the old S.O.B station I think another mythology name would fit well, you could even rename Action Zone to something like Haunted Hill.

• Like 2

That Screamscape rumor is nothing that people who follow the industry couldnt guess

Screamscape isn't reliable at all usually, just monitor this website for KI related news :P edit: Happy 500th post to me :) 

• Like 5

If someone is bored and wants to research or just has a really good memory, could you tell us when we first saw footers for Diamondback or Banshee for comparison's sake?

I would so much prefer a wooden coaster myself. Traditional wooden coaster footers are pretty distinctive so I think you may see an announcement earlier if they went that route. For instance, Son of Beast which is not the greatest example because of how atypical it was was announced in early May the season before it opened.

• Like 1

If someone is bored and wants to research or just has a really good memory, could you tell us when we first saw footers for Diamondback or Banshee for comparison's sake?

I wasn't around for Diamondback, but as for Banshee, there were footings in the ground on opening day. IIRC, we knew nothing of any construction until the park opened and people saw it in person.

• Like 2

Let me just state something with the flaw on the Giga going over the entrance line with other CF Parks, or ANY coaster going over the entrance of Kings Island.

There is just too many buildings next to the entrance on either side to place anything that's a coaster there, unless they moved the entrance back, but that would be bad since international street is perfect the way it is.

The only true way a Giga or any coaster could fit for the entrance is shown in red. (The dotted red part is an underground part of the ride.)

5d6955b411bccb79ec71449aa006a515.jpg

• Like 7