Project 2017?

Oldschool75

I've always hated the thought of them "messing" with the entrance like that.  One of my favorite things about KI is the entrance building, just as it is. 

Having said that, if there's not a coaster zipping over and through the entrance of Kings Island within the next 3 years, I will be really surprised.

• Like 2

I'm reminded of the time in that handicapped lot, I saw a vehicle had knocked over a sign and driven clear up on the pyramid-shaped concrete base of the sign, dragging it and gouging the asphalt a few feet before ultimately wedging the vehicle partially in the air on top of it...

Thanks, I'd rather not have coaster supports particularly close to where people can drive.

• Like 5

I love the giga rumors. Basically the only reason it is a rumor is because we all want one. Heck, I could say right now the rumor is we're getting an Intamin Maverick-style ride and people would jump onboard the bandwagon. 

• Like 6

See Cedar Point and Carowinds, old buildings gone, new placed around to accommodate coaster track overhead and walkways.

Great point! I'm sure many of the Carowinds guests couldn't fathom a time when there wouldn't be a plantation house at their entrance.

I love having the Eiffel Tower and fountains revealed as you walk through the gates. It reminds me of my excitement as a child and now seeing the 'wow' on kids' faces as it comes into view. It brings a whole level of excitement to the day. I would be sad to see that aspect disappear.

And yet, things and times change. Nothing is forever and very few things are guaranteed.

• Like 9

Millennium Force is far from "creme de la creme". Intimidator 305 and Fury 325 are much better rides than Millennium Force. We would most likely get something like Fury 325, and I would take that over a wood coaster any day. Unless it is a RMC..... Then count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've always heard gushing reviews of MF,  and I know it's the favorite coaster of any type of a lot of enthusiasts. To each his own.  I'll count you out because RMC doesn't make wooden coasters. :D

It seems the bigger a coaster gets the more unremarkable the layout must get to lessen the g forces on riders. In addition, gigas must have a VERY long track length to maintain a decent ride time because of the speed. The only giga that stands out to me is Steel Dragon 2000 which might as well be called Magnum XL-300.

• Like 5

I think Fury is AMAZING. Fury is my #1 coaster ridden, it is oddly intense compared to other B&M's, it has great moments of ejector air time. I think another kind of steel coaster that would be cool is a blitz coaster. 

Depending on the wood coaster I could get on board. A bigger GCI like Viper would be cool, or a nice twister like Prowler would also be pretty nice. I really wish GCI was the one to design SOB as it would have been a better ride and would probably still be standing.

Another cool idea is GG making a bigger Voyage and bringing the real intensity SOB deserved. GG has made some major hits and very different kind of rides compared to other wooden manufacturers.

• Like 3

For someone like me who is a sheer speed and G force junky, I will definitely agree with the shortcomings of Millie... its got the speed, but not the Gs (with the exception of the RIDICULOUS positive Gs you get on the overbank while riding in 5-1, 5-2, or 6-1).  That is also why I will happily re-ride I-305 over and over until my body absolutely forces me to take a break, and why I am most definitely looking forward to riding Fury at some time.  With that said, that is also why... if i were ever inclined to return to an Ohio park after we move... Id like to see the compact to mid-sized woodie with a ton of positive lateral Gs.  I just am too afraid of seeing a KI giga turning out like Diamondback 300+.

• Like 4

Voyage came with Gerstlauers.

They didn't last long.

Then there were Timberliners...sort of.

I think you mean Legend there, Boss. Not Voyage.

TRFTW, who knows that CCI train history can be a Pretty Tricky Category. Especially on media day. After that, your Gerst is as good as mine.

• Like 5

They wanted to get a smoother ride and less maintenence with GravityKraft Timberliners.. i only ever saw them in the shed.

Personally I think PTCs feel fine if you get used to your legs being together. The ride isnt that rough to me.. and I only hear negative things about Voyage on here. Hades 360.. i hear it's painful all over the internet.

Similarly many other coasters, the last car (7th) on Voyage's original PTC order has now become a 6 car train.. but at least we have two Voyage trains and not one Voyage and one Raven train.

Im not even going to go near the subject of the Timberliners... nope, not with a 10 foot pole.  I know good and well all about that, and my question was what it was.... if they were unhappy with them when Voyage opened, what changes (if any) were made to the later/current PTCs that changed that feeling on the parks part.  I know Terp, and maybe chugh, will know.  As for Voyage, I personally Loved that ride last year, I personally have not felt that ride in that good of form since the first time I rode it in 2010.

• Like 2

GG also has Ravine Flyer 2, I have heard good things about it but my friends who have ridden both it and Voyage say that RF2 is just like a smaller Voyage. As for other GG coasters 3 coasters named Jungle Trailblazer came out recently in China and while we don't have stats they look to be very fun rides. If we want to go back to CCI coasters then you can also add Legend, Raven, Ghostrider, and Boulder Dash. Granted we don't know if anyone at GG were involved with these coasters but they truly are legends. 

On the topic of the Giga coaster, we are most likely looking at B&M if we get one. While B&M make the hyper coasters my experience with there giga coasters is radically different then the hypers. While it is technically possible they could just make a bigger Diamondback, I doubt they would break so far from the successes of Fury and Leviathan. Both Fury and Leviathan have some airtime hills toward the end that give out some decent airtime, but it is far from the focus like on the hypers. While I doubt any coaster other then Skyrush will put you through more G's then I305. I doubt we see another coaster with that level of intensity be built in the near future. B&M while not always bringing the most intense coasters, can certainly make you feel the g's.

• Like 1