Project 2017?

Oldschool75

This year Legend.

Next year...

Raven gets torn down for a new gigacoaster?

All I got to say, even though I have never been to Holiday World I still hope the Raven is around when I get there.

• Like 5

I heard that Thunder Road had structure problems with its foundation. That is much harder to fix. Also the ride wasnt popular so it probably wasn't worth the cost of maintaining it. I haven't been to Holiday World but i would assume they would keep The Raven since they don't have many rides.

• Like 1

I heard that Thunder Road had structure problems with its foundation. That is much harder to fix. Also the ride wasnt popular so it probably wasn't worth the cost of maintaining it. I haven't been to Holiday World but i would assume they would keep The Raven since they don't have many rides.

Foundation problems is a no, lack of proper maintenance. You shouldn't remove paint from a wooden structure, not repaint or waterseal the structure and expect it to last. Carowinds removed the paint from Thunder Road in the 90s and only started watersealing the structure with Thompson's Waterseal a few years before 2016....

I suspect when GCI recommended or told them to.

Carowinds spent 5 million to rebuild most of Thunder Road, the remaining structure need "a couple million" to rebuild as Carowinds officials put it.

• Like 4

Foundation problems is a no, lack of proper maintenance. You shouldn't remove paint from a wooden structure, not repaint or waterseal the structure and expect it to last. Carowinds removed the paint from Thunder Road in the 90s and only started watersealing the structure with Thompson's Waterseal a few years before 2016....

Carowinds spent 5 million to rebuild most of Thunder Road, the remaining structure need "a couple million" to rebuild as Carowinds officials put it.

I hear the entire lift hill needed a complete rebuild 

• Like 1

I hear the entire lift hill needed a complete rebuild
That is correct. The lifthills and brakeruns structure needed a complete rebuild, that segment and towards the station was only sections left to rebuild. Carowinds did not say if station would have been been included but Carowinds did rebuild Woodstock Express' prelift turn recently(either this year or last).
  • Like 1

^I would look for CoasterOhio's profile image coming to a park near you!

"Everything's a cycle folks, even this is one!"

In all seriousness, the wall returns, and so does the decoding. I'm saying that it will be an attraction!

• Like 6