Project 2017?

Oldschool75

I'm hoping Coasterstock attendees get a treat for '17. It would be a perfect time to announce something.

Coasterstock attendees will get a treat. After dinner, of course.

This by far is my favorite statement from you, ever.

Someone frame this, it's gold.

Speculation will ensue, and diversions too. I just can't wait to see people jump all over a post being moved behind the fence.

• Like 5

Sometimes a post is just a post.

Give me land, lots of land...

Let me ride through the wide open country that I love

Don't fence me in.

I want to ride to the ridge where the West commences...

On my cayuse let me wander over yonder til I see the mountains rise...

Terp

"Go West, Young Man."

• Like 8

Screamscape has posted a new Kings Island construction report, and with it, a classic Screamscape crazy rumor.

Apparently, "a few people have sent in word that this may be the log ride's last season." Yes, the log ride as in RCFYLCB. Sure, it'd open up a large space for 2017, but really? Come on Lance, who even are these people? I feel like if it was the Rivertown LaRosa's that was rebuilt, he'd say the same thing about Vortex/SR&R.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

No... not #Yoloflume (I've so nicknamed RFYLCB because of that amazing Closing Day ride a few years back!)!? In all seriousness, I thought of another possible idea for 2017... a wild mouse coaster, perhaps? It could be a family coaster and the location is so close to Planet Snoopy that it could work. Then again, I'd welcome a custom RMC in that spot too... or maybe some flats, who knows?

• Like 4

Doesn't the ride get plenty of ridership? Especially for the kids? The ride seems to always have a pretty good line on days that it's warm out. Why do we need to make 3 water rides into 2? 

My only issue with rumors made outside of the park (like with screamscape) is they don't think like the park, they think like every other park in the business. 

We are not due for a roller coaster. If a 5 year plan follows, we have until 2019. This would usually be our flatride year. 

• Like 2

I realize it's been 15 years, but the log flume was rebuilt by Hopkins Rides in 2001. That came after the ride was relocated from Coney Island and spent most of 29 years operating at KI. I don't know the extent of that rebuild, but I would hope that that project would have given that ride another 30 years at the park...

...Unless the ride would be removed just because of its location and not because of its age? Even then, I feel like this is primarily speculation based on the work next door. But I'm usually more wrong than I'm right about these things!

• Like 4