Project 2017?

Oldschool75

Even if we do get a giga coaster I doubt they would break every record that Fury took. I'm thinking a giga for us would probably be around 310-320 foot range as to be the tallest coaster in the region without taking everything from Fury 2 years after it opened.

• Like 1

Was getting Shoot the Rapids better than getting nothing?

From as ROI standpoint, NO! The second Intamin water ride removed in the last few years. If the water park capital of the Midwest (Holiday World) could not make a go of it who can?

• Like 4

^ And was significantly modified afterwords to prevent that from happening again, though that wasn't enough of a lesson learned to prevent Shoot the Rapids accident which without the quick thinking of park guests almost would have surely had fatalities.

Whatever if is, at least we're getting something!

I'd be really surprised if they allowed themselves to lose a trademark they've already owned for decades, just a month before starting to tease the public with the ride they wanted to name that. It's expensive to go through the trademarking process, but cheaper to continue one than start a new one (or re-trademark a lost one).

So long story short, while I'd love the name Grizzly, I'd be really surprised if that was the name of what they are going to build.

• Like 2

It looked like a lot of trees were down for as far as I could see down the old WWC path, from the train. Also, the lake is drained, and I can't help but wonder if maybe footers or something will be going in there, and then it'll be filled back in, if that's even possible. (I would imagine they could put footers in, then have them end up under water. I'm trying to think if any of DB's are submerged....)

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 4

^Yes, that exactly!  If anyone remembers the YouTube Banshee POV fiasco, there should be no question as to WHY that is.  It may be hard for some to fathom, but there are plenty of people who would take a job at KI or other park for the sole purpose of getting information, or to get that "VERY FIRST EXCLUSIVE on-ride POV during employee preview night.  Those have no desire to, or plans to, work for the park for any longer than it takes to get the "scoop" so they can be the "kool kid/person" with their Friends or be the next YouTube sensation.

• Like 4

Seasonal employees generally don't know what the next addition is.

The lake is typically always drained when the troughs are drained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Previous satellite pictures show the lake is filled as early as late March. If it is still drained then my guess it may be going away, or footing will be poured in it and refilled at a later date.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if the name "The Grizzly" has anything to do with this? I know that they lost the trademark but wondering if they had this in the works for the new ride. http://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-fair-lp-222594-page-2-2

Grizzly is the name of two coasters in the CF chain, one at Kings Dominion and one at Great America. The names may have been dropped from some merchandise or promotion, but I believe the ride names are still intact.

If it is a gigacoaster, it could very well break all of Fury's records. Look at what happened with Top Thrill Dragster. The year after it opened, the records were broke. I think it depends on how much that would cost and if said park is willing to spend the money.

If it is a gigacoaster, it could very well break all of Fury's records. Look at what happened with Top Thrill Dragster. The year after it opened, the records were broke. I think it depends on how much that would cost and if said park is willing to spend the money.

Cedar Fair owns Carowinds and Kings Island. Cedar Point had their record broken by a Six Flags park. Cedar Fair won't break their own record if they don't have to.
  • Like 2

Cedar Fair broke their own records when Fury was built and took the gigacoaster records from Cedar Point. It can happen. Not saying it will or I know what KI is getting, but that is definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 6

I was talking about the 5 year plan with my mom, and she thinks that next year's ride removal is gonna be WWC. I mentioned the new entrance queue, because why go through that work the year before you remove something? She said maybe the new WWC entrance is a cover, and they'll use it for the new ride after removing WWC. Makes me go "Hmm..."

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 3