Project 2017?

Oldschool75

WWC is a very popular attraction, one of three water attractions (in the main park). I highly doubt it'll be leaving anytime soon. This attraction has a great shelf life and many folks young as well as old enjoy it.

It is very appealing, to me, since it is a nice "cool down" ride on a hot, summer day. It's location in Rivertown is double appealing. If i were to be spotted shirtless at Soak City, I'd be mistaken for a wild grizzly bear and shot on site. White Water Canyon it is.

It may go away one day, but I don't think it's going anytime soon. 

• Like 5

If i were to be spotted shirtless at Soak City, I'd be mistaken for a wild grizzly bear and shot on site.

All of Soak City's attractions can be ridden with a shirt.

Oh, that's an old wive's tale.

In all seriousness, the last time I stepped foot in Soak City, it was called WaterWorks. This was before Paramount touched the park, so we're talking at least over two decades. Nothing against Soak City. I just typically focus on the main park and its atmosphere. 

• Like 3

And I've walked under numerous ladders with no damage to report :P

I am hoping for another family ride, but I am selfish because I want to ride something other than a coaster. My son and I love coasters, but I have regained my appreciation for family rides and thrill rides when we share a day together.

• Like 8

It could be another log flume perhaps. I would love that, but I also would love another wooden rollercoaster. Maybe a second try at Son of Beast. (Bride of Beast? GrandSon of Beast? The Beast In Law?) 

I would also just be happy with cleaning up the theming for Rivertown and Coney Mall. :D

• Like 5

If it were an RMC I think "Iron Beast" would be a great name, but personally that is more of a "wooden" coaster to me. I think the best manufacturer to match the intensity of The Beast would be GG, but a big GCI would also be amazing. I personally think the next wooden coaster would be around the 50th anniversary. 

If we get a coaster in 2017 on the 45th anniversary, I could see them waiting until 2022 for a large new wooden coaster. Basically I think the next 2 coasters will be a woodie and a giga coaster, I just don't know when and in what order.

• Like 1

I can see this going so many ways. On the one hand, all of the major Cedar Fair parks except KI now have a giga so it only seems natural that KI is next.  On the other hand, Cedar Fair may want Millennium Force to continue to be Queen of the Buckeye state and may not want any similar ride to compete with it in this region. In that case, it seems that a GCI or RMC is entirely possible. Or, I remember an event where Greg Scheid was speaking and asked us all how we liked Thunderbird at Holiday World-hint of a B & M launch?  So we are basically back at square one with no idea what Project 2017 is going to be.

• Like 2

I have been doing some digging. This rmc says it's a wooden coaster but it looks like mostly a steel track. If there is going to be a wooden coaster coming here anytime soon I want it to be like that wood coaster at six flags in jersey. I still think it will be a cowboy coaster in rivertown themed to bootlegging shine. You have the train as a prop and rafts already.

If you think about it, CF at one point must have had a pretty good relationship with Intamin.

All 4 coasters CP installed in the 2000's were Intamin.

The problems CF had with them, I would not be surprised if CF never works with them again.

• Like 8

If you think about it, CF at one point must have had a pretty good relationship with Intamin.

The problems CF had with them, I would not be surprised if CF never works with them again.

never say never.... 

never say never....

Well, Alrite.

Maybe way down the road. Who knows. With the current regimes. I, myself, would be suprised.

That's just my guess lookin at What CF has installed the past few years.

I have been very wrong in the past, though.

never say never....

You just did.

• Like 5

never say never.... 

Channeling your inner Justin Bieber? 

• Like 8