Project 2017?

Oldschool75

IMO i would love a giga or something that compliments the rest of our coasters. Whether that be a Fury like ride that has overbanked turns and a lot of intense moments or a modern woodie that has an inversion or 2 and some great turns. BUT I don't know if they are going to spend 30+ million on a giga coaster just a few years after Banshee, even if they have the funds. I think a GCI would be great and a very different ride then our other woodies.  I think a big GCI like Viper would be loved by not only enthusiasts but also the GP. The wildcard company that I would almost want to see build us something is Gravity Group, creators of the Voyage. If it is a coaster I think we will see a $15-20 million dollar investment instead of a $30 million like a Fury.

That being said I think its clear there are 2 coaster types on peoples minds......Giga or Wood. KI has its options here, there is no coaster type we Desperately need, but there are some that might be favored.

• Like 9

I think if anything it would be a giga, mainly because we didn't see that much growth in attendance, I think 1% or something like that, but why I say a giga is, give them something you have never seen before, where I think with Banshee, it was looked as just another ride to ride, if that made sense.

• Like 4

All of this Rivertown planning is making me wonder if there actually is something possibly coming within the next year or two. I'm hoping not another Haunt Attraction. While we have plenty already, we don't need more HOSB's (Haunt Only Standing Buildings)

I really hope it isn't a "haunt only" building. I really am hoping for some new ride in that area, but something that fits with the area! 

• Like 2

Frankly, the fact that Worlds of Fun and Carowinds are getting great flat ride packages makes me jealous!  For years I've wanted KI to up it's flat collection - the park is crying out for them.  Back when Paramount owned the parks - year after year Canada's Wonderland added glorious flat ride after flat ride.  Ultimately, because of that, it became the best park out of the lot.  When KI added Delirium a million years ago, I was over the moon.  They need more like that.

Shaggy

• Like 20

Frankly, the fact that Worlds of Fun and Carowinds are getting great flat ride packages makes me jealous!  For years I've wanted KI to up it's flat collection - the park is crying out for them.  Back when Paramount owned the parks - year after year Canada's Wonderland added glorious flat ride after flat ride.  Ultimately, because of that, it became the best park out of the lot.  When KI added Delirium a million years ago, I was over the moon.  They need more like that.

Shaggy

Could not agree more! I honestly think Carowinds is extremely overrated. Their line up falls After Fury, Intimidator, and Afterburn, but good for them because when I went for the first time this year. it seamed like the area where Thunder Road was really empty, glad to see them adding attractions that will make the park better but, I don't think you can honestly have a classic area of the park without Thunder Road, Which is why I kinda wish Coney Mall was the one getting special treatment, or a Gemeni Midway style treatment  

• Like 9

Looks like Kings Island might get Shoot the Rapids since Cedar Point is removing it and replacing it with something else.

I can't even... really? What in the world gave you that idea? Have you not heard about the accident on it a few years ago? Have you not heard about Cedar Fair's issues with Intamin? Have you not seen any of the complaints about how bad of a ride it is?

Seriously. Shoot the Rapids is dead and not going to another park, certainly not Kings Island. You would be wise to accept that.

• Like 3

Looks like Kings Island might get Shoot the Rapids since Cedar Point is removing it and replacing it with something else.

Obviously that ride isn't coming to KI, but Rivertown really should have a flume again. Cedar Point will apparently be in need of another White Water Landing replacement. It wouldn't be far-fetched to speculate that Cedar Fair is in the market for new flumes.

• Like 5

It would go well... but... Where can we even put Rapids at? Get rid of the old Crypt building? Nah, there's a haunt in there now. 

Congo Falls still gets some people, enough to keep the ride running, the bridge is good on a hot summer day.

after the removal of the old funnel cake stand, and moving wwc entrance. They could remove our current log flume and build a new one.
  • Like 2

Its a long shot but I can see a remodeled version of shoot the rapids in river town. Replace the lagoon at Cedar Point with our train tracks there may be a good fit. all of the concrete can not be moved and reused but the two lifts and drops, and station parts can. so save what you can and rebuild so it works this time and you got a new ride, maybe save some money and make its life at Cedar Point not so much of a flop.

• Like 2