Project 2017?

Oldschool75

We are not due for a roller coaster. If a 5 year plan follows, we have until 2019. This would usually be our flatride year. 

5 year plans are not necessarily set in stone, they evolve. This also doesn't mean we are sticking to a coaster once every 5 years. It is possible that CF saw the success of Fury and want to do that at KI, not likely this early but still possible. While parks usually do have a pattern things, parks also break the mold.

• Like 4

I wonder if the fence will have a teaser on it like Banshee's did or TR:TR's did.

Ride Sally Ride! NO Camping!

If it's a Giga, I wouldn't be surprised if it's another snake name. There'd be Behemoth and Leviathan, and Diamondback and Cottonmouth, (or Copperhead). I like the sound of those.

If it's not a B&M or a woodie, we'll know soon.

• Like 1

Because~ Nature!

Just how the world works. Sunlight cant reach the ground right there, thus nothing can honestly grow. There are little patches of grass where the sun manages to get onto the ground.

Biology :D

Yeah, I kinda know how that works. But there was grass back there before. During the early spring grass grows pretty quick and green since there are no/very little leaves. So all kinds of sunlight hitting that area. Oh yeah might want to look up Botany ;)
  • Like 2

Whatever happens to the water rides within the park is meh to me.. I don't like the fact of getting my shoes completely soaked and having to walk around with wet shoes for the entire day, not to mention ruin the shoes. The fact I can't ride barefoot is bogus.

• Like 6

^ what if you had to be evacuated in the case of a power outage and had to walk down those grated steps that would cut your feet wide open and expose you to tetanus. Have to think of every possibility when coming up with safety rules.

• Like 8

Exactly, it's for safety and liability purposes shoes must be worn. Can always pack a pair of flip flops in a bag or change of clothes/shoes in locker. If i go with a group of my friends we usually bring a change of clothes and marathon all teh water rides together then change into dry clothes after, or if i'm going to the water park I jsut wear my swimsuit in with flipflops and marathon the water rides before i head over to the water park for it's opening, then have a dry change of clothes afterwards. I do hate the feeling of wet clothes, especailly wet shoes through the day, but the water rides are some of my favorites so can't pass them up.

• Like 3

Then explain why Cedar Point allows their water rides to be ridden barefoot.

Also, with regard to wet clothes and shoes: this is why I wear a shirt and shorts made of quick-dry material if I think I even might ride a water ride. This is also why I wear sandals without socks, and I make sure to buy sandals that won't be damaged by water (i.e. no leather).

• Like 6

^ what if you had to be evacuated in the case of a power outage and had to walk down those grated steps that would cut your feet wide open and expose you to tetanus. Have to think of every possibility when coming up with safety rules.

Would it? Or Could it? Cedar Point does not require shoes to be worn on their water rides. https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/ride-policies-and-procedures
  • Like 1

I've ridden the log flume many times, and my shoes have never been excessively wet afterwards.

White Water Canyon can go either way. If you taunt the tower operator and/or Thrill_Biscuit is manning the coin-operated geysers, all bets are off.

• Like 8

I'm not fimiliar with those two rides but my guess would be due to their design it may not be a necessity. I'm going to assume one of those is a raft ride like White Water Canyon and say they found a way to escape if needed, without the use of grated steps. Snake River I cannot say. However each individual park is responsible for working with the state and manufacturer of each ride to come up with various safety policies and what is required on one may not be the same on another.

• Like 3

Whatever happens to the water rides within the park is meh to me.. I don't like the fact of getting my shoes completely soaked and having to walk around with wet shoes for the entire day, not to mention ruin the shoes. The fact I can't ride barefoot is bogus.

Buy watershoes ;)

• Like 5

Buy watershoes ;)
wet water shoes do not fair well on feet when walking for a extended period of time.
  • Like 3

So kick off your regular shoes and socks as you approach the platform, put on the water shoes, and leave the regular shoes on the shelf while you ride. (Or change before you get in line and leave them in a locker.) Then change back as you exit.

For that matter, if you're going to put on special footwear just for a water ride, flip-flops would be easier.

• Like 6

I wonder if the fence will have a teaser on it like Banshee's did or TR:TR's did.

Ride Sally Ride! NO Camping!

If it's a Giga, I wouldn't be surprised if it's another snake name. There'd be Behemoth and Leviathan, and Diamondback and Cottonmouth, (or Copperhead). I like the sound of those.

If it's not a B&M or a woodie, we'll know soon.

Centurion?

I would be shocked if they put a Giga into that spot.  Sure it could loop around and interact w/ other rides, but it doesn't feel like a good spot, being so close to both Diamondback and The Beast.  A Giga makes much more sense starting out of Son of Beast's old station or out of X-Base.  There appears to be enough room to put a solid GCI woodie in that spot, and Wild mouse type ride could be used in that area incorporated w/ the big Box if they so desired.  I haven't looked at the footprint, but I would think you could get launched wing coaster, similar to the one at Holiday World back in that area as well.

You could also put a nice flat ride or (three) back in that area as well.  Lots of possibilities at this stage.

• Like 2

Nobody is getting the shoot the rapids ride from CP, at least nobody within the Cedar Fair group.  They may get another woodie, but I doubt its anything like Son of Beast other than the material that the rails sit upon; a woodie like Rampage, sign me up yesterday.

• Like 8

Nobody is getting the shoot the rapids ride from CP, at least nobody within the Cedar Fair group.  They may get another woodie, but I doubt its anything like Son of Beast other than the material that the rails sit upon; a woodie like Rampage, sign me up yesterday.

The entire ride is getting scrapped according to Tony and Jason 

• Like 4

The entire ride is getting scrapped according to Tony and Jason 

Makes sense, with as little work at Intamine seemingly does in North America at this point (at least that I'm aware of), who's going to take a chance on installing that ride, with its history and in conjunction with Intamin?

• Like 4

Screamscape has posted a new Kings Island construction report, and with it, a classic Screamscape crazy rumor.

Apparently, "a few people have sent in word that this may be the log ride's last season." Yes, the log ride as in RCFYLCB. Sure, it'd open up a large space for 2017, but really? Come on Lance, who even are these people? I feel like if it was the Rivertown LaRosa's that was rebuilt, he'd say the same thing about Vortex/SR&R.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

Honestly, that makes more sense to me than just the work they've done in the area so far. The current changes don't really open up much room. It's a tight space between the path and the tracks, so it would just have to be a small flat, or you'd have to do the WWC method of the path going over the tracks to get to whatever you are building. Neither seems ideal. Now you get rid of the flume, and you have room to do something. It could be a lot of things I guess, but I think it's plenty of room for a station, queue and turnaround for a coaster with the bulk of the ride going in the tree area that the WWC queue vacated. It could also open up a lot of area in the middle of the paths between there and Diamondback if they wanted for a small ride, shops, games or whatever. If they go this route, it definitely isn't the giga. It would have to run out Diamondbacks path into the woods and that just doesn't seem like what they would want to do. So that either leaves a woodie or a blitz type coaster. I guess it could be other types as well, but those seem most likely to me. Not sure if they'd leave some of the trees to interact with or just clearcut the area though.   

Assuming this is true though, I'm not sure the flume could be open all year if this was for 2017. They started on Banshee dirt work early in the year before it opened. I'd think we'd have to have a similar situation here. So maybe a mid season closure, or we could actually be looking at 2018's ride location. 

• Like 1

I'm calling it.  They are moving Congo Falls out of Action Zone into Rivertown.  This goes with the river theme, gets all three water rides closer together, and opens up room in Action  Zone.

Of course I jest, but it would be nice to have them close so you can get really wet, then dry off and resume your day rather than transversing the park in wet clothes.

• Like 7

If sarcasm, great! :)

If not...

A giga would be nice but I would not say anything less would be disappointing! A GCI Woodie, Flat rides, countless other things. Getting something is better than getting nothing!(ala Michigan's Adventure which has not been invested in much since being bought by Cedar Fair)

• Like 3