Project 2017?

Oldschool75

Log Ride?

The current one is kinda small and I think more for kids, maybe we have a more thrilling one coming. Or highly themed one? I think tomb raider building is kinda a stretch to use. 

Plus I like the idea of a giga going from the sob station to the parking lot and then next to the front gate and back again. So i'm voting not a giga for this project.

our luck, the giga will be after cp builds there second one (plans replaced by Gatekeeper)  ^_^

• Like 7

I think it needs to be said this is all just speculation. The only people who for sure know are Greg and Rob, but I bet Don knows.

This is why I say KI is the best at teasing upcoming attractions. These 2 pictures have made us go crazy speculating what is to come. I can only imagine the uproar when they made the fake Bat website. Kings Island will give us something to talk about whether it be a coaster,dark ride, flat ride. I'm confident this team leads KI further into the top tier parks. 

Looking into possible next coasters I can see a decent sized woodie, a wing coaster or a giga coaster. I would love to see a multi launch but I'm afraid that will not happen anytime soon unless B&M makes one. 

It could possibly be a triotech darkride in the crypt building. I bet they would need some blueprints to help plan that construction. It could be based off The Beast or any of the other big name coasters like Banshee, maybe even Firehawk.

There has also been a big gap since our last flat ride. Maybe its a Screaming Swing or something like Canadas Wonderland got this year. OR maybe something we haven't seen yet. 

I'm okay with ANY of these and would be excited about getting anything I mentioned.

• Like 5

I'm not sure of we are getting a coaster in 2017, but it seems unlikely. We just got Banshee in 2014 and other parks, like Kings Dominion for example, are long overdue for a coaster (Last coaster KD got was Intimidator 305 in 2010. Canada's Wonderland got Leviathan in 2012). I would love a new coaster in Rivertown, however it seems unlikely and would probably cost us the train as well as the shady trees in order to build it.

• Like 3

See also "diversion."

If I have learned anything from KIC, it's that everything is a diversion until proven otherwise. Don't forget folks that the Dinosaurs may be going extinct if that great contract expires in the near future. (If that contract has been renewed please enlighten me as i have yet to hear other wise.) Thus creating a nice little plot of land just perfect for a new attraction(s).
  • Like 6

Log Ride?

The current one is kinda small and I think more for kids, maybe we have a more thrilling one coming. Or highly themed one? I think tomb raider building is kinda a stretch to use.

Plus I like the idea of a giga going from the sob station to the parking lot and then next to the front gate and back again. So i'm voting not a giga for this project.

our luck, the giga will be after cp builds there second one (plans replaced by Gatekeeper) ^_^

One can only hope there's a larger flume making a return to Rivertown. For those who don't know, Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal stood on the site where the big box sits now as well as part of Diamondback. It closed in 2001.

0fe85264c08df4c9d21319ed3f5c030e.jpg

Per Google, from Kings Island's website.

Again only time will tell and it's sure fun to speculate given the clues thus far.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 16

I'm not sold on the speculation that the blueprints and Rob Decker's recent visit to Kings Island warrants that a new coaster is imminent for the park. Furthermore, I'm not convinced that when we do get a new coaster, that it will go over in the area where the queue line for White Water Canyon was previously, or in the area where the funnel cake stand was previously as well. Obviously time will only tell but for the moment I'm not buying into it.

Rob Decker is the Corporate Vice President of Planning and Design for Cedar Fair so I'm sure he's involved in any new attraction for any of Cedar Fair's 14 properties, be it WindSeeker, Tropical Plunge, Woodstock Gliders, you name it, he's probably involved in some fashion. Just because a picture of Rob Decker and blueprints are posted on social media does not mean, in my opinion, that we are getting a roller coaster. It could be some other type of attraction. The park can always use more flat rides and more rides that cater to those who don't like roller coasters or who are scared of them.

Just my two cents. Agree to Disagree.

Well that's because you're a reasonable, mature person. On this forum there are many tweens, teens and even older folks that get excited about seeing even the most minor construction and immediately jump into giga speculation, or at least ride speculation of some kind. As we all know, sometimes things can be razed and/or built just to improve the logistics of the park.

But I don't even mind the excited posters. Sometimes it's fun just to speculate what you could fit in where even if you know it'll never happen.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 11

I am no park designer, but if there are plans for a new coaster, and if it is going in or around rivertown, I'd think a giga would be a terrible coaster for such a space.  Why put your tallest coaster, right next to your 2nd tallest (and most popular?) coaster, while also in the same area as your most legendary coaster?  I think any giga, whenever one would be built would be back in Action Zone using the space that SOB once occupied.

I believe Ouimet mentioned about a year ago that all of their parks will eventually be getting something similar to Guardian Mountain.  That spot seems like a perfect fit for such an attraction and would allow them to use the Crypts box as then enclosed area for the gun shooting portion like GM has.  I thought something similar was going into Knotts or another CF park this year, is that correct?  I believe that is where the comment that all parks would get one (I think many assumed that the clearing at Cedar Pointe was going to be something similar, so take this all with a large grain of salt).  It would also be a great area for a Wild Mouse, I've said for several years that an additional coaster that could accommodate the 44" crowd is a big hole in their "family" lineup.

With all that said, a GCI clone of Renegade, sign me up for that in a second, in any location in the park; I'll be there opening day.   Whatever is planned, way more than 2 or 3 people know what is going on, the number of people at this point is probably well into the 100s (think of the coaster designers, structural engineers, architects, draftsmen, sales people w/n those companies, KI planning people, landscaping, etc...) if its a project of any large scale.  Few of those people will be sharing anything pertinent however until the appropriate time.

• Like 16

Love seeing the speculation about what could be coming to Kings Island in 2017. Wasn't around for Banshee debate, I'm sure that was fun! It would be great to see the bigger Log Flume make a return. It would be nice to see more trees near the tower like we used to have.

• Like 8

Love seeing the speculation about what could be coming to Kings Island in 2017. Wasn't around for Banshee debate, I'm sure that was fun! It would be great to see the bigger Log Flume make a return. It would be nice to see more trees near the tower like we used to have.

I know it would never happen, but I'd love to have a log flume/dark ride similar to Splash Mountain.  Obviously it would have a different look and theme, but a log ride that takes you in and out of various scenes and then sends you down a large drop at the end would be fantastic!

I guess we can dream though, can't we? ;)

• Like 9

Don't get my hopes up like that. I'd love some fried cheese.

The speculation is fun, as is the thrill of the hunt of "clues". Last season there was so much speculation about the little stage and ramp that were set up for the Banshee Brew fest, that I got a little excited - even though I had been at the park, saw it before anyone posted, snapped a quick pic, and totally forgot about it because I expected it was going to be for the fest and nothing more exciting.

The other fun thing is to try to draw people into your own "interpretation" of "clues" that would be rediculous to even think have meaning :)

• Like 15

Hello, this is my first time on KIC and I'm already in love with it! Anyway, If KI was to get a giga in 2017, I would love the idea of RMC coming in and putting a       T-Rex track giga by The Bat, or maybe they could remove Invertigo and Congo Falls and put it there. If it were to go there I could also imagine an entrance remodel with the coaster interacting with the entrance due to it being so close by. I would also like to see a classic ferris wheel in the park. 

• Like 5

Ouimet has said that he thinks KI's entrance is grandiose enough. Invertigo is more of a "coaster by the entrance" the an "entrance coaster". "Entrance coaster" generally refers to a coaster that interacts with the entrance like Gatekeeper. However things could change but I doubt they would mess with the entrance. 

I don't know how I would feel about an RMC giga there woodies tend to lose the pace toward the end. I think the T-rex coaster is a nice idea but I don't think that is how CF will start working with them. If it is RMC I think it is much more likely to be a custom design like Lightning Rod. 

Do you guys think these plans could be for a dark ride/coaster like Wonder Mountain guardian? I think the Crypt building is big enough for a small lift hill and some coaster elements inside. Every park is supposed to be getting one and that is right around where all the action is. I just don't want to over think this and possibly be disappointed with the result. Really looking forward to some more hints or talking points later in the year.

• Like 3

....The other fun thing is to try to draw people into your own "interpretation" of "clues" that would be rediculous to even think have meaning :)

Far more fun to leave wide open clues in the middle of a bunch of falderal.

I seem to remember reading about Banshee, and even its name, here, about 18 months prior to ita unveiling.

And I hear stories of a restaurant visit post closing day years ago when a group of thoosies was openly told that Top Thrill Dragster was going to be topped by 36 feet and 8 miles an hour by a park in Jersey. They laughed derisively. And then...

--Blue's Clues, doggedly doing his thing, full...of sound....and Fury, signifying (signal lost)..."All the gold...in California...is in a bank in the middle of Sam Fram's Disco?"

• Like 14

Just curious. What is the difference between riding it the first day or the second? Oldschool75 not understanding the youth of today's obsession of being first to have something or to do something that millions will do??? Puzzled.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 1

The next time First Rider shirts are distributed, hopefully they'll be restricted to one per person, regardless of whether Fast Lane Plus is purchased.

That product doesn't exist to pay for itself a few times over by selling excess shirts on eBay.

• Like 7

KI 2017 POSSIBILITY PLAN

I was looking over Google Earth and this is what I am seeing for how the 2016 season may change Rivertown, possibly. I snipped an image of it and over One Note sketched out some details of what has already happened(Funnel Cake building razed, new WWC entrance, new Funnel Cake Building, etc.) and what may happen as a result of that. It may be a bit blurry, illegible and not too good but I did my best at it.  :)

KI%20PLAN%202017.png_zpsrr5osude.jpeg

The Yellow area is the possible expansion area into the woods area(which would be unfortunate to remove all of those trees). The Yellow area could mean anything from a new section of the park to where a possible new roller coaster could fit. The red line is the train tracks which in this plan the Kings Island Miami Valley Railroad would stay and the expansion/whatever it is would maneuver around it. Anything Blue has to do with White Water Canyon. The reservoir will have to stay for White Water Canyon to continue to operate so no expansion into that area. The lighter shades of blue indicate where the new path for White Water Canyon could possibly be at and where the old path (used?) to be. The white shaded thing is where the Funnel Cake stand and the old White Water Canyon entrance used to be. This could be a possible expansion area or entrance to a new area as well. The Pink shaded thing is where the new Funnel Cake building is being built. The Green shaded pen thing is where the Crypt is and where a possible 017 attraction may come(Wonder Mountains Guardian or Voyage to the Iron Reef anyone?). 

This is what I could see happening in 2017 for Kings Island, but I do not want to get too excited yet. But it was still nice making this little map of some possibilities. B)  :P  :D

• Like 12

Also keep in mind there is still land left from SOB's former footprint, as well as relatively flat land in Ft. Kinzel behind Firehawk where the heli rides once departed and returned, which wouldn't necessitate the removal of many trees.

• Like 8