Project 2017?

Oldschool75

^ That made me chuckle, thanks for the laugh! :)

I just thought of something, will Dinosaurs Alive! be around for 2017?

I was hoping you'd take it that way. :)

I haven't heard about the dinos going extinct...again...so I hope they will be. It's a nice walk in the woods for those of us Jurassic Park fans.

Or fans of cows, and human vocalizations.

• Like 6

If they used some space wisely like relocating the entrance of Adventure Express more nearer to its station possibly, they could probably fit in a couple of flat rides. Oktoberfest does need some updates and TLC. The Biergarten bar and repaving of the walkway in 2014 are the only things I can think of that they have done to that area in the past 5 years.

The queue for Adventure Express is the perfect length for the ride. Even on the busiest days, with the ride's line I never have honestly see it go outside. But it does get up to the entrance.

• Like 5

A lot of people see the line at the entrance and assume it's not worth the wait and don't get in line.

Even though from the entrance it's maybe 45 minutes long, if I remember right.. and before Fast Lane, probably even faster.

45 minutes?! On Adventure Express? Not even close. 15 minutes from the entrance is more like it. And that didn't really change with the introduction of Fast Lane; for some reason, it doesn't seem to be a popular ride with the Fast Lane crowd.

• Like 6

To skip the really boring math, just read the Teal coloured parts.

Well... Let's see...
Adventure Express is a 2:30 Minute ride... But this is just the ride time, not taking in loading and unloading times. Let me put another 45 seconds onto the time to make up for that loss
3:15 per cycle.
with 60 minutes in an hour, and two trains. That means it's 6:30 per full two train cycle.
Trying to think how to math this here...
Each train holds 30 people, 5 car trains with 6 seats per.
Two trains = 60 people
So, with heavy estimating. 60 people per every 6:30
6:30 over the course of an hour is 9.23 times Equals (=) 18 trains per hour.
18*60 = 1080 People Per Hour

6:30 = Two train cycles
Two Train Cycles = 60 people per every 6:30
6:30 * 9.23 (60/6.5) = 18.45 (Average to 18 since you can't send .45th of a train)
18 = Number of cycles per hour
60 * 18 = 1080

Now that we have that out of the way... Let's talk about the queue it's self...
The queue it's self is 319 feet
Each person would need about 3 cubic feet of space... Thus
319 / 2 = 159 people that can stand in line in the line.
But people also bunch up in closer spaces. (Children can occupy the same spot in line) So lets add... about 30 more to accommodate for this.
189 people can stand in the main queue of Adventure Express at any given time.
Since we talked about our People per Hour with Adventure Express at 1080...
So, if you stood in the back of the line with 189 people in front of you. It would take. about 6 trains to get all the way to the front. (Keep in mind, this is JUST the queue I'll get to the gates in a little bit)
6 * 3:15 = 19:30 minutes. (Give or take a station delay of some sorts, So let's say 20 minutes to round it up)
Now with the gates. with 4 people standing per gate (Two ride times) this adds 60 people into the line.
249 people in front of you at the back of the line. You'll be waiting just an average of 30 minutes for Adventure Express..

Queue Length = 319ft
319ft / 2ft (Number of space needed per person) = 159
159+30 (to accomodate children who may take up less space) = 189
189/30 (Number of people per train) = 6 trains
6 * 3:15 (Time per train cycle) = 20 minutes (Averaged)
4 guests could comfortably fill the station at each gate without the station feeling crowded. (60 + More people to add)

249 / 30 = 8 Trains
8 * 3:15 = 26 Minutes (Averaged to 30 for delays and such)

Thus, you'd be waiting 30 minutes from the very back of a filled line at Adventure Express.

I may have gone overboard with that math... but Still. To settle the argument completely. It would take roughly 30 minutes to go from the Very start of the line to the station gates.

• Like 4

Let me put it this way. The day I went with my mom last year, the two of us waited for Adventure Express through a line that was all the way to the entrance when we started. I told my mom that it would be about 15 minutes, and she didn't believe me either. So I timed it. After 14 minutes and a few seconds in line, we were boarding.

I think the error in your math is that a complete two-train cycle is not double the length of a one-train cycle. While train 1 is loading/unloading, train 2 is running the course, and vice versa, so both individual train cycles run simultaneously. And the crew rarely stacks the trains. So take the time you estimated for one train, and assume that time for two trains.

• Like 9

I'm referring to this calculation:

Adventure Express is a 2:30 Minute ride... But this is just the ride time, not taking in loading and unloading times. Let me put another 45 seconds onto the time to make up for that loss
3:15 per cycle.
with 60 minutes in an hour, and two trains. That means it's 6:30 per full two train cycle.

If one train takes 3:15, then two trains without stacking would also take a combined total of 3:15.

That then throws off the rest of your calculations. To wit:

Two trains = 60 people
So, with heavy estimating. 60 people per every 6:30

No; 60 people every 3:15, or 120 people every 6:30.

6:30 over the course of an hour is 9.23 times Equals (=) 18 trains per hour.

Assuming you meant to say "times 2", it's still incorrect. 60 / 3:15 roughly equals 18.5, multiplied by two trains every 3:15 equals 37 trains per hour.

18*60 = 1080 People Per Hour

With the corrected numbers, 37 (trains per hour) * 30 (riders per train) = 1,110 riders per hour. You managed to get a reasonable number here, but with completely wrong numbers.

As our respective results there are within a reasonable margin of error, I won't alter the capacity calculations below.

Now that we have that out of the way... Let's talk about the queue it's self...
The queue it's self is 319 feet
Each person would need about 3 cubic feet of space... Thus
319 / 2 = 159 people that can stand in line in the line.
But people also bunch up in closer spaces. (Children can occupy the same spot in line) So lets add... about 30 more to accommodate for this.
189 people can stand in the main queue of Adventure Express at any given time.
Since we talked about our People per Hour with Adventure Express at 1080...
So, if you stood in the back of the line with 189 people in front of you. It would take. about 6 trains to get all the way to the front. (Keep in mind, this is JUST the queue I'll get to the gates in a little bit)
6 * 3:15 = 19:30 minutes. (Give or take a station delay of some sorts, So let's say 20 minutes to round it up)

6 trains = 3 pairs of trains * 3:15 per pair of trains = 9 minutes and 45 seconds. To allow for a delay, we'll call that 11 minutes.

Now with the gates. with 4 people standing per gate (Two ride times) this adds 60 people into the line.
249 people in front of you at the back of the line. You'll be waiting just an average of 30 minutes for Adventure Express..

2 extra trains = 3:15 + 11:00 = 14 minutes and 15 seconds for a full queue.

Comprende? :)

• Like 2

I haven't really posted much on here, but I thought about what KI could possibly be getting in the future. I made a giga coaster called "Gigasaur". It is on YouTube. Not saying they will get a giga coaster, but it was just a thought I had.

I saw that video! It was a really nice NL2 Coaster and I think that It would be a great giga for KI. Though If the World was perfect, IMO I want KI to get a Intamin Double spine giga. (I know that CF is done with Intamin though... Its just what I want to come to KI.) I love the amount of ejector airtime on Intamin rides.

• Like 2

I haven't really posted much on here, but I thought about what KI could possibly be getting in the future. I made a giga coaster called "Gigasaur". It is on YouTube. Not saying they will get a giga coaster, but it was just a thought I had.

I saw that video! It was a really nice NL2 Coaster and I think that It would be a great giga for KI. Though If the World was perfect, IMO I want KI to get a Intamin Double spine giga. (I know that CF is done with Intamin though... Its just what I want to come to KI.) I love the amount of ejector airtime on Intamin rides.

I am all for Intamin, I am just kinda sad that it is very unlikely they will never work together again  :(

• Like 5

Intamin also has a transportation division, which may be doing better than the amusement division at present.  If their Skyscraper project in Orlando comes to fruition and is successful, that could bring them back into the good graces of SIX and FUN.

• Like 1

At least 1927 wasn't our most recent woodie! Though, when you have a great ride, and you take care of them- it- then you dont necessarily see a big draw for a new one. It was good enough for Michael Cera

Then again.. there is so much that we could gain by adopting the recent successes of the modern woodie and modern, true hybrid coasters..

We need a SOB redemption eventually, right?

• Like 10

Unless RMC can make a BIG ride last long I'd rather see a GCI. While the RMC's are great they tend to lose momentum toward the end and are usually pretty short. Goliath is tall,fast and has some great elements BUT only lasts 50 seconds.

While GCI is a great all around wooden manufacturer that builds quality rides. The only issue with that is I don't think GCI would be designing that big of a woodie. I think there tallest coaster is like 140 and that is coming out this year. 

Overall I think the next coaster will be a B&M of sort for the ROI. But then we see another big woodie possibly for the 50th anniversary.....

• Like 5

El Toro is relatively short. Money was. INTAMIN and a different SIX, yet... (Explaining before a certain other poster says--that's INTAMIN. Sigh).

SIX gets short RMC's when that's what they pay for.

Money limitations (something for EVERY park EVERY year on a smaller per cap capex) at SIX vs. FUN's typically big stuff comes to big parks but less often and small parks may get nothing huge (ever?) are very different per project at the two park chains. Physics isn't.

You get what you pay for....usually. See Son of Beast. Or Rattler.

• Like 12

Honestly. a Wooden coaster is needed.. we only have three, and all of them were built pre-1980

Son of Beast was our newest Wooden Coaster, but now The Beast is our newest wooden coaster. And that's still 37 years old. 

I feel like this should go as a sticky to start every thread! To say I agree is an understatement. I don't like that I have to go to Santa Claus, Indiana to ride a modern wooden coaster, (I know other parks have them, but HW has the best collection of woodies in the Midwest in my opinion).

• Like 4

If you can handle it... it's way better than Beast! Especially now that 2012 has been redeemed. That was a rough year.

(Just a little light teasing)

Talk about a jam packed, and long lasting ride. It's got the terrain, tunnels, actual airtime, laterals, trees.. oh and no trims.

Beast has a better story, reaaaallly good for its time. Still fun to this day!

• Like 4

For what it's worth, I doubt you would have the roughness issues Voyage has because the park would likely build a GCI, which would have Millennium Flyers, (and a wooden support structure).

Terp, I know you didn't like it even when it was brand new and smooth, but MANY did. Many like Millennium Force too, which you like me don't "get."

It's still my favorite coaster out of the 130 or so I've ridden.

• Like 4

Except that Voyage does have trims now. The MCBR brings you to a full stop.

I rode early 2015 and it didnt use the MCBR.

They seem to flip back and forth whether it is let go at full speed, if it's trimmed, or if it gets a full stop.

I havent figured out what warrants a full stop, but unless a worker on the ride or the park releases a statement, I am skeptical to believe that the full stop at the MCBR is how the ride is intended to be experienced indefinitely.

I've ridden many times, and some visits it brakes, most visits it hasnt. Last year it didnt (for me)

I wouldn't cross the street to ride Voyage.

I'd gladly drive cross country in a blinding storm to ride Beast at night.

Different strokes!

• Like 3

Would you cross the street to ride Rampage? I would and will this year! 

They seem to flip back and forth whether it is let go at full speed, if it's trimmed, or if it gets a full stop.

I havent figured out what warrants a full stop, but unless a worker on the ride or the park releases a statement, I am skeptical to believe that the full stop at the MCBR is how the ride is intended to be experienced indefinitely.

I've ridden many times, and some visits it brakes, most visits it hasnt. Last year it didnt (for me)

The brakes were on full force in the MCBR during Media Day for Thunderbird. However, that was the only state of grace with the ride. I didn't enjoy the rest of the ride.

• Like 2

Would you cross the street to ride Rampage? I would and will this year!

The brakes were on full force in the MCBR during Media Day for Thunderbird. However, that was the only state of grace with the ride. I didn't enjoy the rest of the ride.

Not during TB media day. It was my first ride on Voyage that day, I noticed the MCBR when I went back later in the year. I was very disappointed.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 2