Expand X-Base?

kingsislandfan1972

Agreed. I rode an S&S Screamin' Swing for the first time last weekend and it was a lot of fun. Very thrilling but something the whole family can enjoy at the same time. Think it would go great in that space between FoF and Racer. Think that is the best area for a small expansion right now as it would require the least amount of work. Could add in some restrooms In that area as well and maybe a food stand. It would be pretty easy to theme it to a test flight theme to fit the area as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 8:52 PM, purdude86 said:

Think that is the best area for a small expansion right now as it would require the least amount of work. Could add in some restrooms In that area as well and maybe a food stand. It would be pretty easy to theme it to a test flight theme to fit the area as well.

Maybe the removal of DA will tell a tale

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 1:50 PM, mayaman2 said:

I actually think those soundtracks wouldn't fit at all if you were trying to make something that connected to the theme. But, if you were going for fun songs that would play in an amusement park, then you're absolutely correct! But why would they only play on X-Base then?

Because Guardians of the Galaxy is a modern movie that takes place in space and X-Base is themed to the extraterrestrial. 

• Like 1

Only issue with that is you would need to have some type of reason for it to tie back to Guardians of Galaxy other than assuming that everyone going through X-Base has watched the movie. I don't see Cedar Fair buying the rights to have anything displayed that references Guardians of Galaxy, there's a certain other park that recently made a pretty big investment in an attraction based around that movie.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Because Guardians of the Galaxy is a modern movie that takes place in space and X-Base is themed to the extraterrestrial. 

A modern movie with a soundtrack of 70's songs. Those songs have a life of their own and are not exclusively associated with GotG. They really have literally nothing to do with space or any horror-esque theme that X-Base has, and play little-to-no role in the plot points of either movie beyond being the music the protagonist listens to. From a practical standpoint, it'd be pretty stupid to procure the rights to all those songs and play them in just a single section of the park as a tangential reference.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Had a thought- could it be possible to move Xtreme Skyflyer to X-Base? It could fit between Racer and Flight of Fear or possibly somewhere else in the area. This would free up some space in Action Zone to expand in the future.

Very possible. Transplanting a SkyCoaster would be a piece of cake compared to a roller coaster (or just building one) and have a fraction of the problems (if any) of one.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Had a thought- could it be possible to move Xtreme Skyflyer to X-Base? It could fit between Racer and Flight of Fear or possibly somewhere else in the area. This would free up some space in Action Zone to expand in the future.

I think I may have mentioned that before somewhere, IIRC. I'm a big fan of Xtreme Skyflyer.

• Like 1

I think that would be the way to go if they wanted to start X-panding that area. I personally want to see a path made on the blue side of The Racer so it isn't a dead end anymore which could accommodate more rides like Skyflyer and some more flats. Notice how much Action Zone was overhauled when Banshee was built, it seemed like a completely new section- that's what I want done to X-Base.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some things I'd like to see in X-Base

• Restrooms
  • A better established food stand
  • Theming consistent to the rides in the area
  • A flat ride package
  • A new coaster
  • Expansion

X-Base has the most potential out of any sections of the park to improve and be unique. Much like how there's a story to Rivertown's theme (abandoned; a lot of forgotten businesses), X-Base could have a story all focused around Flight of Fear and theme the area to that. Sci-fi has always been extremely popular, especially with Marvel and Star Wars movies, so KI should try and appeal to those interests.

• Like 1

^I'd like all of those things, plus a second entrance/exit. I feel like the "dead end" quality is one of the biggest drawbacks to the area. 

I spend a good deal of my time at the park just walking. If lines are longer than I'm willing to wait in, I just circle around the park to find something else to interest me. Because X-Base is a dead end, I only go back there when I know I'm going to ride something which is almost always first thing in the morning when I know the lines haven't started to grow. The rest of the day I almost forget it exists.

• Like 3

I could ride Flight of Fear all day, but I'm picky when it comes to riding Firehawk.  If the loading procedure, lift and brake run weren't so annoying with laying down, it'd be a bit better, even though it has the coolest loop in the park when it comes to G forces IMO.  

silver2005, who will get to see how B&M flyers compare to Vekomas this summer. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...