The Tickler?

Oldiesmann

I've always loved the "Not as rough as last year" sign on that Tickler photo. The sad thing is there's very little in that area that would indicate there was an amusement park there. Just the "Chester Park campus" for Cincinnati Water Works and a small side street called Chester Avenue. I can only imagine what that area would be like today if Chester Park had survived - especially with I-75 being so close.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a coaster called The Tickler ever existing at Coney? I found this image online last night but the only reference I can find to a ride/coaster named Tickler in this area is one that was at Chester Park.

12509006_10100109577659354_3429266795223

That is because the image is likely not from Coney Island.  If you take a look at http://rockpointpark.com/ you will see the same image except saying it is from Rock Point Park.  If you click on postcards at the top of the page it says that the image is likely a combination of multiple images.  Which on that postcard page you can see the next picture looks like the white coaster in the background.

I am pretty confident it is not from Cincinnati beyond that I am not certain.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

I've always loved the "Not as rough as last year" sign on that Tickler photo. The sad thing is there's very little in that area that would indicate there was an amusement park there. Just the "Chester Park campus" for Cincinnati Water Works and a small side street called Chester Avenue. I can only imagine what that area would be like today if Chester Park had survived - especially with I-75 being so close.

The only thing left is a plaque in the Business Office of the Cincinnati Water Works.

Which is ironic, because the reason they closed is that the didn't pay their water bill <_<.

I was surprised it didn't survive because they had better public transportation than Coney.

pilotank

• Like 2