Shoot The Rapids

I like the idea of it coming down. I've been up there multiple times in the past 2 years, and never once was it open. Let's face it, it had problems, and Cedar Point needs more space for new rides. This seems to be an obvious choice to take down and opens a pretty good amount of space for something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If anyone didn't ride STR, here's a POV of it.  Take note of how long the video is.

[VIDEO]

I know we shouldn't judge rides by a POV video... but I've always thought that Shoot the Rapids looked extremely boring (minus the drops of course). I liked the fact that there were at least some attempts at theming, but it just looks like an extremely slow and uneventful boat ride between the two big hills. Unfortunately(?), I never got to experience it for myself, but based off video alone, I'm not sure that I missed too much.

For the record, this is coming from someone who loves water rides.

• Like 5

If anyone didn't ride STR, here's a POV of it. Take note of how long the video is.

[VIDEO]

I know we shouldn't judge rides by a POV video... but I've always thought that Shoot the Rapids looked extremely boring (minus the drops of course). I liked the fact that there were at least some attempts at theming, but it just looks like an extremely slow and uneventful boat ride between the two big hills. Unfortunately(?), I never got to experience it for myself, but based off video alone, I'm not sure that I missed too much.

For the record, this is coming from someone who loves water rides.

I've ridden it, and you pretty much nailed the gist of it. I too love water rides (my 2 favorite rides anywhere are Splash Mountain and Jurassic Park River Adventure) but this one came up short. It's like they started building a well-themed water ride but 25% of the way through decided "eh this is good enough, let's not bother spending any more money on it".

A ride that is that long and moves that slowly is fine if the theming is great. But if the theming is a small barn that you pass through followed by a few rocks and plants, it really doesn't give you much reason to ride more than once. Basically it either needed to have a lot more theming or be a lot shorter.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Even relocating the skeleton town mechanicals from the train would've been something. Shoot the Rapids drifted at about the same speed as Pirates of the Caribbean or Small World, and with absolutely nothing to see along the way. Even simple animatronics of feuding hillbillies (as we were promised) shooting at each other from across the river with us in the middle would've been SOMETHING. 

• Like 8