HoliWood Nights & CoasterMania 2016

At Cedar Point.

Good thing Freaks76 isn't here to see how we're about to do ERT.

I wish I was there to partake in it. I really do. Thought about it a few times today.

So it's not a good thing. :)

Hope your havin a great time bud.

• Like 2

Which one were you malem? I was there with a crazy 9 year old Red head

I was the guy wearing the black Whizzer (SFGAm) shirt. Sometimes solo, other times with someone (or someones).

At Cedar Point.

Good thing Freaks76 isn't here to see how we're about to do ERT.

I wish I was there to partake in it. I really do. Thought about it a few times today.

So it's not a good thing. :)

Hope your havin a great time bud.

I had a great time; easily the best trip to CP I've ever taken. That Magnum ERT was something else. It was nice hanging out with KIC & PointBuzz members for various parts of the day. The weather was great, and the park was deader than I've seen it in a long time.

I did night ERT with a PointBuzz member who also enjoys cardiovascular exercise. Let's just say we booked it from Magnum->TTD->Valravn->Maverick.

Now for some sleep.

• Like 6

Malem must've done wore himself out.

Would not surprise me.

I'm sore & exhausted this morning, so that would be a fair assessment.

Completely worth it, obviously.

Malem, if you track your steps on your phone I would love to know your numbers - especially with your zigzagging through the park. I'm sure you rack up the steps! :)

My CoasterMania total according to my phone (Friday morning through 1am Saturday morning) was 59406 steps (40.5mi, 4847 Calories).

• Like 7

Over 40 miles? That's alot. Haha.

Yea, that might've killed me. I would've gave it a heck of a shot, though.

Coastermania is for sure on my list next year. I'm really hatin not being their now.

But I'm sure it was sold out before I even knew about it.

• Like 4

What an improvement from last year. Seriously, last year's Coastermania doesn't even hold up in the slightest compared to yesterday. All day, every employee I encountered was friendly and happy (and not just in rides---everyone from food service to maintenance went above and beyond expectations). In addition, the event went extremely smoothly. Check in was a breeze, lunch was delicious, and ERT was truly what ERT should be like--no lines, re-rides, and overall just a blast, plus I was finally able to get my coaster credit on Wilderness Run. I didn't see any issues with rides all day, even Dragster and Maverick. I can't stop saying enough good things about the day. Out of all of my trips to Cedar Point, yesterday was by far my favorite one. Kudos to Cedar Point for such an incredible day.

• Like 4

If only I can get someone to go with me next year.

2nd CM in a row now solo.

A lot of people hang out with others they met at coaster events. Riding with people who share the passion can be a lot of fun.

I might suggest attending one of the meetups, though I'd probably be considered biased in this regard. :) GOCC & PointBuzz had organized ones for CoasterMania yesterday.

Another thing you might do is attend some smaller smaller coaster events. A group of 100 is less intimidating than a group of 1200.

• Like 6

If only I can get someone to go with me next year.2nd CM in a row now solo.

A lot of people hang out with others they met at coaster events. Riding with people who share the passion can be a lot of fun.I might suggest attending one of the meetups, though I'd probably be considered biased in this regard. :) GOCC & PointBuzz had organized ones for CoasterMania yesterday.Another thing you might do is attend some smaller smaller coaster events. A group of 100 is less intimidating than a group of 1200.

Yea, I knew about the pointbuzz meetup. Didn't go. I need to stop being so anti social. Didn't know about the GOCC. I lament how it doesn't work out with those who I used to go with anymore.

On the other hand, I've ridden with you before, Malem. HA!!

• Like 3

Sometimes, there are loose Terpies running around. If you go around with him, you'll find yourself doing unusual things--like looking at Fascination placards at KI, looking for new and old transformers, checking out light fixtures, chatting happily to long time employees in gift shops and glass blower shops, smelling around refuse containers in restaurants (rotten Coca-Cola, really--time to go check out the local perch), leaving after 37 minutes and fighting incoming traffic, talking to security and guest relations instead of being admitted, talking to the local ne--signal lost.

And riding a coaster or two along the way. Or not.

• Like 6

People at CoasterMania certainly complained a lot. All day long I heard "they should've given us more than the shirt" or "this shirt is all we get?" even "it's terrible that they didn't give us coffee and donuts this morning". Personally, I always thought that CoasterMania! was an event that Cedar Point could've charged for and I would've still paid for it. Sadly, the entitlement and the whining was at an all time high Friday.

• Like 4

Due to transportation complications, I was not able to make it to either event this weekend, but am going over to Hershey tomorrow and visiting Great Advencha thursday, so it's all good.

Haven't been to Hershey since I first visited in 2011, so there will be a few new things I need to try out.

Skyrush looks like one magnificent ride...

• Like 3

^^ It never hurts to think ahead, but there are plenty of coaster events still to happen this year!

I'd expect CoasterMania tickets to sell out even faster next year, as some who missed out this year will have learned not to wait.

• Like 2