Dollywood Opening Day Event 2016

Creed Bratton

I know there is another post in a different thread, but this is more of an announcement, place to ask questions and if you feel so inclined to tell everyone if you are attending.

Event info: 

Join The Coaster Crew on opening day to get launched on Lightning Rod!

What better way to kick off your 2016 coaster season than with:

-VIP badge for access to all perks!
-Event T shirt
-Behind the scenes of Mystery Mine!
-Grist Cinnamon Bread Breakfast!
-First rides on Mystery Mine!
-Informal Ride Takeovers!
-VIP seating at a select show!
-Buffet all you can eat meal!
-Evening ERT on Lightning Rod!
-Glow Bracelets for ERT!
-Evening social with more food!
-Zipline Discount!
-TimeSaver Discount cut the line!
-On Ride Photo discounts!
-Games & Door Prizes during lunch!
-Local Area Attraction Discounts!
-DreamMore Resort Discount*
-Dixie Stampede Discount*

And so much more!!!!!!!

REGISTRATION & PRICING:
Event Fee: $40.00
Need park admission add: $59.00
Child admission ages 4-11: $50.00
Lightning Rod souvenir cup: $7.00
Lightning Rod CC Lanyard: $5.00

To attend you must be a valid Coaster Crew or Florida Coaster Club Member. Each card carrying member may bring up to 4 guests.

Online registration closes March 3rd
Mailed in registration must be mailed by February 25th

Not a member? Sign up today!
*4.00 fee applies to non Coaster Club members guests.

Www.signup.coastercrew.net

*Event fee and admission pricing is non-refundable, some rides and attractions may close due to maintainence or other unforseen circumstances and is at the parks discretion.
*DreamMore and Dixie Stampede discounts are a group rate and a minimum are required to participate to activate discount. More info to come on how to access these discounts.

Discounts:
~Purchase a Kodak QR card for a discount of $24 and get free photo downloads for the entire day of the event!

~The Island @ Pigeon Forge
1/2 Price Unlimited Tickets $15.00pp.
Rope Course Add on- $20.00
Show Coaster Crew Badge at ticket booth.
The 24-hour unlimited package offers unlimited access to The Great Smoky
Mountain Wheel, ThunderDome Bungee and family rides.

~Coaster at Goats on The Roof
$5 off, $10 for CC Members instead of $15 Show CC Member Badge at Ticket Window

Event Page on Facebook that has the link for registering: https://www.facebook.com/events/1553437898233554/

• Like 6

Kat and I will have to think about this one.  Dollywood's events have gotten ridiculous in price in the last few years, and after living down the street from the park for three seasons, we haven't been able to justify it.  This event seems to be reasonable to those of us with a season pass, so...I'll present the idea to the grand jury.  :)

• Like 3

Kat and I will have to think about this one.  Dollywood's events have gotten ridiculous in price in the last few years, and after living down the street from the park for three seasons, we haven't been able to justify it.  This event seems to be reasonable to those of us with a season pass, so...I'll present the idea to the grand jury.  :)

Hope you guys come! Would love to see you! 

This sounds awesome! But 4$+$40+$59

Me need to pass this one up!

Edit: yes that was on purpose

Understandable....thankfully the park is giving attendee's a discount on admission for this event even if it's small. If you can justify it (which I suggest trying because I think it's worth it) Dollywood offers easy pay for season passes....$16.50 for 6 months, it'll allow you to visit the park any operating day through January 2017. Plus if you arrive to the area the day before you can get in for Season Passholder Preview and the day after the event, etc. 

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions...I may be able to help :)

• Like 3

So would I be able to buy a pass/passes now and get them processed on the preview day?

You absolutely can do it that way.  I'd suggest getting there early though, as there WILL be quite the line all weekend for season passes.  :)  Passholder day is not announced as part of their operating calendar but is the Friday before opening day every year.  Usually e-mails are sent out to season passholders and a note about it is recorded on their website.

...and FYI, this is coming from a former Dollywood employee who lived 10 minutes away for 3 years, so this is all based on how they have done it for the past umpteen years.  They could throw me a curve ball, but they don't tend to change too much.

• Like 5

Does anyone have any idea as to if DW would be open for pass processing on the 17th? Also I would like to bring my dslr camera since I have never been to DW and the event includes a behind the scenes tour does DW have bins for all or most of there dry rides or would I be dealing with lockers everytime I rode?

Does anyone have any idea as to if DW would be open for pass processing on the 17th? Also I would like to bring my dslr camera since I have never been to DW and the event includes a behind the scenes tour does DW have bins for all or most of there dry rides or would I be dealing with lockers everytime I rode?

Dollywood has bins for ALL of their rides.  You will have no issues whatsoever.  They will gladly set it on the shelf for you and you'll pick it up as you leave.  There isn't a single ride where you are forced to get a locker.  DW is much too friendly for that.  :)

• Like 8

I imagine if the pass processing will be open on the 17th, but probably for limited hours. Your best bet is to call the park to confirm. If you do, post here and let us know :)

• Like 3

Dollywood has bins for ALL of their rides. You will have no issues whatsoever. They will gladly set it on the shelf for you and you'll pick it up as you leave. There isn't a single ride where you are forced to get a locker. DW is much too friendly for that. :)

Thats awesome to hear (reminds me of HW too) I will be bringing the camera bag for sure now
  • Like 2

I ordered my Dollywood Gold pass online, and processed when I went back in November.  It was quick and painless. 

The thing about Dollywood is that compared to KI, the gold pass seems more expensive, but...I was also able to get in two visits in 2015, and may be able to get one in 2017, depending on the weather.  Dollywood will be the first park I visit this year, and even though it is further away than KI, it is  more of a destination than KI.  So I may stay in the area and do more things, whereas when I go to Cincy, it is usually only to go to KI.

• Like 5