Dollywood Opening Day Event 2016

Creed Bratton

^ ScreamScape isn't always a reliable source.

In the (seemingly unlikely) event of a delay, it would certainly be disappointing, but those attending this might enjoy lighter crowds with alternative ERT - and have a reason to stop by again later in the year.

• Like 2

Hopefully it will be ready to roll.  I believe I heard somewhere that Dollywood has not been late opening a new ride.  But that just means there is always time for a first...

My wife and I will be there on opening day, and will be in attendance at the event.

• Like 2

I understand folks worry on Lightning Rod not being open on time. It's the huge draw. But, the park has to do what they have to do to get it open. If it doesn't open on time, I'm sure the park will make up for it for the Coaster Crew event. They aren't the type of park to say, sorry....you're out of luck. 

Keep your eyes open and watch for updates. 

• Like 3

Yes! I have seen an unofficial picture of at least one train on the final brake run.. they could've backed it up to be there.. buut.. I have a feeling it was moving forward. That's why I think the rumblings are happening.. or people are just leaking word of mouth.

Where can we find the unofficial pictures?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They're pretty easy to search for on a certain media site. They have text that accurately describes them.. recently uploaded.

(Probably not the ones that he saw.. but the ones that I saw, that i pressume shouldnt have been posted)

• Like 1

I ended up getting a Season Pass.. Im very tempted to drive down for the 18th.. ouuu.. I'm already booked for wedding details on the 19th..

I can process that day right? (Ill look it up)

Now that we know Lightning Rod has tested today, is 10 days enough days to get a clear for public boarding?

I ended up getting a Season Pass.. Im very tempted to drive down for the 18th.. ouuu.. I'm already booked for wedding details on the 19th..

I can process that day right? (Ill look it up)

Now that we know Lightning Rod has tested today, is 10 days enough days to get a clear for public boarding?

You can process on the 18th. I'm planning on doing it.

10 Days? Yes. The certification process in Tennessee is not what it is in Ohio or New Jersey. 

From my understanding from a park employee, they have to run the ride a good few hundred times and as long as everything works properly, is safe, they get the sticker.

• Like 2