Dollywood Opening Day Event 2016

Creed Bratton

Well, shoot!  I was hoping it would be open next week when I go!

Thank goodness for a Gold Pass to Dollywood!  I reckon that means I will HAVE to go to Carowinds again.  Tragic.

I'm so sorry that you're going to have to visit Carowinds again too. 

:D 

• Like 6

My first visit, and a truly wonderful time. I was a bit disappointed with it at the beginning, as things started more than a little late. But all in all, a truly magnificent time. The ERT on Thunderhead was about as much fun as I've ever had at an event. Thanks to everyone involved at CC, and Dollywood, for a wonderful time. 

• Like 4

Thunderhead is a great coaster!  I like Thunderbird better than Wild Eagle (I got slightly nauseous on Wild Eagle.)

I really enjoyed Tennessee Tornado.  If all Arrows were like it...

And speaking of Arrows--I really like the sound of the lift chain on Arrows like Tennessee Tornado and Vortex. 

• Like 2

And speaking of Arrows--I really like the sound of the lift chain on Arrows like Tennessee Tornado and Vortex. 

I'm glad that you enjoyed TT.  As a former crew member at that ride, I'm kind of partial to it.  It was the first Arrow designed using a computer, so that's why its transitions are so much better than most.  (As far as I know it's the only "traditional" Arrow looper that was.)

As a fan of Arrow coasters, I quite agree about the magical sound of the Arrow lift.  :)

• Like 4

I'm glad that you enjoyed TT.  As a former crew member at that ride, I'm kind of partial to it.  It was the first Arrow designed using a computer, so that's why its transitions are so much better than most.  (As far as I know it's the only "traditional" Arrow looper that was.)

As a fan of Arrow coasters, I quite agree about the magical sound of the Arrow lift.  :)

I never knew that about Tornado; good to know! Tennessee Tornado is also one of my favorites at the park. IIRC, the first time I rode it,  the last time I went to Dollywood, I rode it 5 times!!!

EDIT: The 5 times was the last time I went to Dollywood, back in 2012.

• Like 3

And to love Ninja is to never have ridden that...thing.

Terp, who truly wishes he never had.

I hear they are changing the restraints. I will give it another go to see if that helps. 

Sometimes that makes all the difference in the world.

• Like 1