Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed

TheBEASTunchained

If this WAS for anything, it would have to be 2018

Why?

LordSkippy, avoiding a one-word post.

If you think about it, Banshee only raised attendance 1%, I do not think that they are ready to invest in a coaster when parks like Kings Dominion or Canada's Wonderland have not gotten coasters in years

• Like 1

Both still have giga's though. 1% is still something, especially if the total is a big number. 1 % of 2 million is 20,000 people. Kings Island hit 2million people in their debut year.

But you're right, you have a point.

EDIT: that last point wasnt supposed to be sarcastic and condescending, as it seems to read. I really meant you have a point in that we've had a new coaster more recently than them.

• Like 1

It appears as though that clearing is getting pretty large. You can actually watch the backhoe? (I should know what its called, my dad's a crane operator) clear more and more land. It appears as if it goes beyond what the webcam shows. I hate to be that annoying guy that jumps on the giga hype train, but choo choo!

• Like 1

It is important to remember the media reads here and quotes here.

Don't embarrass yourself with a sarcastic comment that gets repeated as gospel...

Shouldn't that be more embarrassing to the media who didn't fact check? I know there's hardly a thing as journalism or fact checking anymore, but still. :)
  • Like 6

Its been a while, and I can't remember, but if I recall correctly (and someone can search thru the Banshee thread to confirm one way or another) but I seem to recall KI doing a lot of clearing back in that area when they did the site work for Banshee.  Some thought that meant the the ride being built was going to extend that far back.  I'm not sure many of us realized just how far back that area is.  anyhoo, the area is getting larger, whatever it is for.

• Like 6

If this WAS for anything, it would have to be 2018

Why?

LordSkippy, avoiding a one-word post.

If you think about it, Banshee only raised attendance 1%, I do not think that they are ready to invest in a coaster when parks like Kings Dominion or Canada's Wonderland have not gotten coasters in years

Intimidator305, Leviathan ??? Are these not coasters now?

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 1

Now they have a small bobcat out there. If they were just moving dirt to another part of the park, I doubt they would be using a small bobcat, when they have a loader right there. The bob cat seems to be smoothing things out.

**Edit

Looks like it was used for stone and dirt piles in the past. But curious why they are smoothing things out now?

SOB.PNG
Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 5

Greg also mentioned some rides at Coasterstock that he was going to go ride. Most of the time these little teases are completely useless, BUT they get people talking. KI clearly knows how to get people talking without giving everything away (Banshee/Bat, Coasterstock). The funniest part is this is most likely just moving dirt but something so small is getting people talking.

• Like 2

I imagine that Boddha hit the nail on the head. Most likely the soil was good for fill dirt around the new funnel cake building or the soccer/basketball sites or even as fill for new park entrance ramp.... Hey look over there! Another pile of dirt!

Correct, it makes a good distraction. I'm more focused on Rivertown, since they have made so many infrastructure improvements over there.
  • Like 3