Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed

TheBEASTunchained

Something about mountains and mole hills... Lol

Now I'm waiting on Don to tweet a picture of an actual molehill so that the enthusiast community can turn it into a mountain. Then Kings Island can name the mountain and put a dark ride inside of it. Win-win! :P

• Like 14

That land out there could be filled with dips and ruts....maybe they're filling it all up to, smoothing it out for mowing purposes? 

I still think it has something to do with greenhouses.

Yeah because thats what Kings Island does as a business.

They move dirt around for fun in places people are never going to go? Maybe they will fill in the valleys by Banshee next for aesthetics?

Nice try bud.

Why does everyone want a Giga coaster? It's just going to be another Diamondback that's 70+ feet taller. I'd prefer if we get a Mack, or Gerstlauer or Intamin (Even though we may never get an Intamin for a while) But I'd prefer we get a roller coaster that's from a different manufacturer other than B&M. Sure they are fun rides, but honestly B&M's do become boring when you keep getting them. Look at CP, They have 4, and two of them are within the last 6 years, and the same goes for Kings Island.

The two newest roller coasters we own are Diamondback and Banshee, and both of those came out within 5 years of each other, and also are the only roller coasters that we have that were built in the 2000's I want something other than a B&M to keep my ridership up.

Now, I'm not saying All Giga's are B&M... but... they pretty much are, it's either than or Intamin, which Cedar Fair doesn't work with. So all Cedar Fair Giga's are going to more than likely be a B&M coaster.

If anything, a 4d coaster would be an interesting concept...

• Like 1

That land out there could be filled with dips and ruts....maybe they're filling it all up to, smoothing it out for mowing purposes? 

They move dirt around for fun in places people are never going to go? Maybe they will fill in the valleys by Banshee next for aesthetics?

Nice try bud.

I never said they're moving it around for fun. Everything Kings Island does as a business has a reason whether or not our feet touch it. If you read through the thread instead of singling out my post you'll notice that I mentioned they could be smoothing out land for another greenhouse, maintenance shed, etc. But because everyone else is assuming it's a giga you have to try to show that my post is flawed and then try to be funny about it.  

Don't call me bud, I'm not your bud. 

• Like 10

Nice try bud.

I never said they're moving it around for fun. Everything Kings Island does as a business has a reason whether or not our feet touch it. If you read through the thread instead of singling out my post you'll notice that I mentioned they could be smoothing out land for another greenhouse, maintenance shed, etc. But because everyone else is assuming it's a giga you have to try to show that my post is flawed and then try to be funny about it.  

Don't call me bud, I'm not your bud.

Sorry for saying bud.

Your position in these speculation threads has been rather pessimistic for Kings Island expanding their rides in next couple of years. Now compare that to your assumption that they are expanding their greenhouses.

Don't get me wrong I would love for Kings Island to really take their floral arrangements and theming to the next level, but as a realist, that doesn't seem to be the driving force for attendance in seasonal parks, it's rides.

• Like 1

Well, if it is a ride; it will have a huge footprint. If it's a new greenhouse, well staff might be a little ticked about going out in the middle of nothing to get there. Lol. The location of this dirt movement has me raising questions. Why away is it away from everything? If it is dirt from river town or the new toll area, why move it to that specific location across the park. Moving dirt is not cheap. Why not closer to the tree line? Further back in the woods by Diamondback? Why smooth it? As they always say. Location, Location, Location!

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 8

I wouldn't consider it pessimistic, rather I've been realistic on other possibilities. Would I love a new shiny coaster? Absolutely. Would I love a giga coaster? Absolutely. Do I believe that movement of dirt is 100% a sign of a giga coaster? No. There are so many other possibilities out in the world of what the movement of some dirt could mean. As far as a greenhouse goes, maybe they either need to expand or replace. As far as I'm aware those greenhouses out there have been around since before the park officially opened to the public. Maybe a replacement one would be built? Maybe not. I, in no way am stating that what I believe to be 100% fact but offering alternate possibilities to the speculation. 

If you knew me outside of this website, like a good group of folks do, you'd know that I like to speculate for hours and hours. You would know that I can bring out numerous theories. You would also know that I'm no where near pessimistic. You would also know, I say the things I say for a reason. 

Don't get me wrong, I would love for Kings Island to get a brand new Giga Coaster, but as a realist, that doesn't seem to be the only reason for dirt to be moved.

• Like 10

I wouldn't consider it pessimistic, rather I've been realistic on other possibilities. Would I love a new shiny coaster? Absolutely. Would I love a giga coaster? Absolutely. Do I believe that movement of dirt is 100% a sign of a giga coaster? No. There are so many other possibilities out in the world of what the movement of some dirt could mean. As far as a greenhouse goes, maybe they either need to expand or replace. As far as I'm aware those greenhouses out there have been around since before the park officially opened to the public. Maybe a replacement one would be built? Maybe not. I, in no way am stating that what I believe to be 100% fact but offering alternate possibilities to the speculation.

If you knew me outside of this website, like a good group of folks do, you'd know that I like to speculate for hours and hours. You would know that I can bring out numerous theories. You would also know that I'm no where near pessimistic. You would also know, I say the things I say for a reason.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for Kings Island to get a brand new Giga Coaster, but as a realist, that doesn't seem to be the only reason for dirt to be moved.

You're the least pessimistic person I know.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 7

The two newest roller coasters we own are Diamondback and Banshee, and both of those came out within 5 years of each other, and also are the only roller coasters that we have that were built in the 2000's I want something other than a B&M to keep my ridership up.

Backlot Stunt Coaster? Firehawk? Flying Ace Aerial Chase? And I guess Surf Dog counts too.

• Like 10

Why does everyone want a Giga coaster? It's just going to be another Diamondback that's 70+ feet taller. I'd prefer if we get a Mack, or Gerstlauer or Intamin (Even though we may never get an Intamin for a while) But I'd prefer we get a roller coaster that's from a different manufacturer other than B&M. Sure they are fun rides, but honestly B&M's do become boring when you keep getting them. Look at CP, They have 4, and two of them are within the last 6 years, and the same goes for Kings Island.

Now, I'm not saying All Giga's are B&M... but... they pretty much are, it's either than or Intamin, which Cedar Fair doesn't work with. So all Cedar Fair Giga's are going to more than likely be a B&M coaster.

If anything, a 4d coaster would be an interesting concept...

Everyone else has torn this post apart. I'm just gonna say that the B&M giga coasters are NOT just taller hyper coasters. B&M hypers are focused around floater airtime. B&M gigas have a lot of over banked turns and are a lot more intense then the hypers. 

Also look at Steel Dragon 2000 which is a Morgan, that was the 2nd giga.

• Like 9

Hopefully a coaster type beloved by Cincinnati for generations is not forgotten.

B&M giga?

SoB wood had filled that void, it had it's chance.

Yes, Cincinnatians have been riding nonexistent B&M giga coasters for generations...

That notion with SOB is bunk, and I was hoping I wouldn't have to hear it. A bad concept was pushed by the park and rejected by the quality manufacturers of the day. The park defiantly pushed forward and boy did they pay for it.

Imagine if King Island in 1983 thought the way you're thinking. "No more steel coasters... that Bat was a disaster." Please do tell when another wooden coaster can be built. ONE wood coaster has been built at the park since the Carter administration, and how many steel coasters?

• Like 8